Keeping our enemies close: 2023

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I have no idea, apparently the Chiefs think the Bengals talk too much. But I'm like wasn't it Justin Reid's ass that started all that?

I think it was Ja’Maar’s reaction to someone mentioning “Burrowhead” Stadium.  And then the Cincinnati Mayor  followed up with some cringeworthy smack talk.  

The Chiefs used it as extra motivation…that worked out for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

I think it was Ja’Maar’s reaction to someone mentioning “Burrowhead” Stadium.  And then the Cincinnati Mayor  followed up with some cringeworthy smack talk.  

Yeah I get all that but I would argue that nobody would have said anything had Justin Reid not opened his mouth to start with

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Dos anyone really think a team can get any extra motivation from trash talk in a AFC Championship Game? Of course not. Maybe in a regular season game, but not in a game that will send a team to the championship game. The Bengals lost that game because they were missing 3 OL starters, period.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dex said:

Dos anyone really think a team can get any extra motivation from trash talk in a AFC Championship Game? Of course not. Maybe in a regular season game, but not in a game that will send a team to the championship game. The Bengals lost that game because they were missing 3 OL starters, period.

Spot on .

4 hours ago, Cricket said:

I thought Ja'Marr, too, but he isn't too harsh.

Thought someone had not told them Eli Apple is no longer on the team.

19 minutes ago, Griever said:

So weird seeing this game on Fox

I guess.  I don't pay much attention.

Just posted because there is going to be lots of remote juggling

Sunday afternoon.

I'm just hoping the Bengals take care of business handily and healthily 

because I'll be there at the stadium.

• Like 1

*** Meh and FWIW...

The Cleveland Browns made a flurry of roster moves this week.

Offensive tackle Geron Christian and wideout James Proche were promoted to the active roster, while receiver Trinity Benson, safety Vincent Gray and offensive lineman Justin Murray were all signed to the practice squad, the team announced Tuesday. Cleveland also released tight end Devin Asiasi from the practice squad in a corresponding transaction.

The Browns also officially placed offensive tackle Jedrick Wills Jr. (knee) and cornerback Cameron Mitchell (hamstring) on injured reserve. They’ll both be out for at least four weeks.

• Upvote 1

On 11/7/2023 at 11:28 AM, Cricket said:

Mostly what worked out for them was getting a 5th down do-over. They've lost every other time.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

No one associated with an organization that has Travis Kelce playing on it has any room to talk about any other organization.

Why in Heaven's name would anyone give a rat's ass what Patrick Mahomes personal trainer cares about anything?

Child please...

Clarification... not a negative comment aimed at you but the ridiculousness of the whole thing.

• Upvote 2