Most of the sports media people expected the Bengals to extend Burrow first, then try to extend Higgins and then Wilson with whatever cap money is still left. But it seems like the reverse is happening, where Burrow is waiting for two or three others to reach extension deals before signing one himself. At this point I'm wondering if Burrow is using his tremendous leverage to force the Bengals to sign as many core players as possible, even if he recognizes that there will not be enough money available to sign then all. I now think Higgins will sign an extension before Burrow does,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, dex said:

Most of the sports media people expected the Bengals to extend Burrow first, then try to extend Higgins and then Wilson with whatever cap money is still left. But it seems like the reverse is happening, where Burrow is waiting for two or three others to reach extension deals before signing one himself. At this point I'm wondering if Burrow is using his tremendous leverage to force the Bengals to sign as many core players as possible, even if he recognizes that there will not be enough money available to sign then all. I now think Higgins will sign an extension before Burrow does,

It makes sense. Why would you want to lock yourself in long term and not have good players to play with. 

• Upvote 1

This is great news and tremendous value for the team. He probably could have gotten at least 12 mil per year on the open market next spring, maybe as much as 15 mil from a desperate team. But he chose to stay with a winner and make good rather than great money. I hope the example he and Pratt set of not going for top dollar filters down to Tee and Ja'Marr.

This may also be a sign that Burrow is leaning toward a Mahomes-type structure on his contract, a long-term deal that gives the team flexibility. That would be different from the shorter deals recently signed by Jackson, Hurts, and Herbert. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sparky151 said:

This is great news and tremendous value for the team. He probably could have gotten at least 12 mil per year on the open market next spring, maybe as much as 15 mil from a desperate team. But he chose to stay with a winner and make good rather than great money. I hope the example he and Pratt set of not going for top dollar filters down to Tee and Ja'Marr.

This may also be a sign that Burrow is leaning toward a Mahomes-type structure on his contract, a long-term deal that gives the team flexibility. That would be different from the shorter deals recently signed by Jackson, Hurts, and Herbert. 

Exactly what I was thinking...how nice would it be to have that decade long contract that ends up being a deal by the time it elapses. Plus it keeps our franchise QB a Bengal through the entirety of his best years

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dex said:

If we look at this from the perspective of what we are told about Carson by his former teammates (and not the wife-driven narrative) and then keep in mind Carson's brother Jordan is Joe's offseason QB coach, so you know he's in his ear, it makes sense that Joe might do that. 

When was the last time this team had more than one above average LB on the roster? Always seemed like we'd have the one badass and a bunch of scrubs around him. Considering how much time modern defenses spend in nickel he & Pratt are a good combo.

This defense could be great. I'm not sold on our new safeties yet but a top 5 finish seems realistic right now.

Pretty safe to say that Tee Higgins is also a major part of our young core, and it's a priority to get that deal done too as the team builds toward the future.

"Logan is a major piece of our young core, and it was a priority to get this deal done," said Bengals head coach Zac Taylor. "He's been a fantastic leader for our defense and comes in ready to work every single day. He will continue to be a key member of this team as we build toward the future."

21 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

If there is a single play that personifies Logan ...

it's when he ended the Titan's season and sent Tannehill into a Summer of depression & psychotherapy with this pick

Can still picture my brother in law next to me say "c'mon get a stop here." to which I reply "watch Logan rip this pass off".

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, dex said:

It also makes you wonder if the players are talking amongst themselves with the approach of "let's figure out a way to make it work for all of us to stay here."

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

As well as the. Blackburn women working late night  to  remain a top front 7.

Outstanding signing .. 

S'what I'm saying, to include the Pumpkin Patch killing it in the FO.  I'll never forgive Troy for trying to lowball Whitworth but so long as they occupy him with some non-pointy sticks to play with the ladies will bring home championships, plural. From what I've seen it's "when" and not "if" for them.

• Upvote 1