Bengals should have never switched from Gold Star to Skyline Chili

4 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

lol, much prefer skyline, only thing goldstar is good for is garlic bread and i like their chili cheese fries better

i think the last time i had goldstar was 2004

Personally, I prefer Gold Star but eat Skyline because you can’t get Gold Star in Columbus. I also worked at Donato’s in Columbus and much prefer Larosa’s (which you can get in Columbus.)

5 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Personally, I prefer Gold Star but eat Skyline because you can’t get Gold Star in Columbus. I also worked at Donato’s in Columbus and much prefer Larosa’s (which you can get in Columbus.)

local grocery store in denver is owned by kroger so they sell canned skyline here, so thats our option, i also prefer larosas to donatos, my oldet son has a larosas t shirt he likes it so much, we have done the dry ice shipments of 10-20 pizzas from larosas here but the altitude makes them cook weird. 

i ate at a larosas in columbus year or so ago after ohio state oregon game, there arent many up there.  my son and i like frischs and larosas a ton so we kinda just trade off eating at those spots every day we are there, which is usually only 2-3 max for sports games.

havent been since the ravens playoff game last year though.

both itching to get out there

• Upvote 1

Skyline and LaRosas are must haves when in the area.  I haven't had a Baked Buddy in years.  Damn.  Now I'm hungry!

I pretty much like all the chili parlors.  The old school Skylines that were in downtown areas were my favorites.  Long thin restaurant where you watch them make your stuff.  Actually worked at the Skyline at Kings Island one summer in my college years.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GoBengals said:

i ate at a larosas in columbus year or so ago after ohio state oregon game, there arent many up there.

There's only one in Columbus and it's about 25 minutes from me so I don't get there as much as I like. It used to be a must have when I was in Cincinnati but since they're up here now, not so much. 

The only Frisch's left in Columbus are 2 on the south side of Columbus. 

Darn it, now I want a hot fudge cake! ;)

Grove City Frisch's is right off 270 at 62, shouldn't take too long from Hilliard? 5 minutes via 270 for me in Lincoln Village North (and now I want a Strawberry Pie Baby, Big Boy, Onion Rings and slaw, not necessarily in that order) :dance:

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Skyline and Goldstar are allright.

I prefer Wendys....😊

man 15 years ago wendys was the bomb, i worked at once when i was 16. 

16 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Skyline and LaRosas are must haves when in the area.  I haven't had a Baked Buddy in years.  Damn.  Now I'm hungry!

I pretty much like all the chili parlors.  The old school Skylines that were in downtown areas were my favorites.  Long thin restaurant where you watch them make your stuff.  Actually worked at the Skyline at Kings Island one summer in my college years.

i also worked at a skyline in kings island, when it rained in the water park as i worked there at the snack stands, because you know... bikinis.. but rain days got sent to skyline or the octoberfest house. hated that place. smelled like rotten shit.

14 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I do not understand Larosas at all, but Goldstar>Skyline all day. 

its a pizza place, has other italian like dishes too, pretty straight forward.

7 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Kinda particular about pizza—when I do eat it. Prefer local shops, if anything good is around. 

Chili? None better than my own! 😀

larosas is a local shop, i LOVE angilos, but since i left its gone from like 20 locations to like 5. and they are all in shit areas not near where im staying.. and my kid hates it and kis always win.

5 hours ago, Shebengal said:

There's only one in Columbus and it's about 25 minutes from me so I don't get there as much as I like. It used to be a must have when I was in Cincinnati but since they're up here now, not so much. 

The only Frisch's left in Columbus are 2 on the south side of Columbus. 

Darn it, now I want a hot fudge cake! ;)

well then i ate at that one, lol. i love the hot fudge cake, sadly i earned type 2 diabeties earlier this year so not many of those in my future after eating a few big boys. i used to love the frischs at tri county, tore it down for a mcdonalds. rudist shit i ever seen

4 hours ago, MOC said:

Grove City Frisch's is right off 270 at 62, shouldn't take too long from Hilliard? 5 minutes via 270 for me in Lincoln Village North (and now I want a Strawberry Pie Baby, Big Boy, Onion Rings and slaw, not necessarily in that order) :dance:

i have eatin there many many times. a client of mine has a store across the street, so when id hit that area id go see them, and then hit frischs

4 hours ago, HereSince68 said:

How the team plays is not dependent on who the sponsor is

is it based on the QB being healthy and being able to run the offense? because no one here believes that either an wants to blame coaches, so honestly its as good of a theory as any for this crowd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

its a pizza place, has other italian like dishes too, pretty straight forward.

LOL nah I mean I don't get the appeal, must be a growing up in the Nati kinda thing. Just tastes like too much oregano and sugar to me, what I miss is Adriatico's.

4 hours ago, HereSince68 said:

How the team plays is not dependent on who the sponsor is

Lighten up, Francis. Might as well employ a tongue-in-cheek reason and have some fun with it. Lord knows the team performance right now isn't any fun. :(

But this thread has made me really homesick hungry. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Lighten up, Francis. Might as well employ a tongue-in-cheek reason and have some fun with it. Lord knows the team performance right now isn't any fun. :(

I actually decided to make some chili as a result of this thread. Came out pretty good too so thanks lol

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

LOL nah I mean I don't get the appeal, must be a growing up in the Nati kinda thing. Just tastes like too much oregano and sugar to me, what I miss is Adriatico's.

i know, i throw a joke out there from time to time. funny you mention the sugar, i squeeze the extra sauce off the slices as the sauce is a bit sugary (not as bad as like pizza hut) i dig the dough flavor and like the cheese blend. 

7 hours ago, Shebengal said:

tongue in cheek you say

image.png

5 hours ago, Griever said:

I actually decided to make some chili as a result of this thread. Came out pretty good too so thanks lol

love to see it. we almost made skyline, but we had it over the weekend so we had breakfast for dinner instead tonight, work dinner last night

Random fact. I had a business dinner, in which i tried salsa for the first time. i am 42.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 3:40 PM, GoBengals said:

i also worked at a skyline in kings island, when it rained in the water park as i worked there at the snack stands, because you know... bikinis.. but rain days got sent to skyline or the octoberfest house. hated that place. smelled like rotten shit.

I worked at the Kings Island Skyline the first year it opened.  Summer of '85 I believe.  No smell.  Had a close encounter with Boris Becker one of the few times I actually had to work outside.  His gf was quite impressive.