Die Stealers Die! Week (Episode 2)

2 hours ago, Cat said:

I had this dream the other night that Browning absolutely shit the bed. I'm posting it here to negate any effects of my dream.

That said - defense needs to nut up today - stop giving up those big plays up the middle.

Can you dream up the winning lottery numbers? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

they want marketable stories & max viewers, also convinced most of the other owners hate mike brown but in the end C.R.E.A.M.

And the Bengals winning a Superbowl doesn't help that cause. 

Thus when it happens, there will be people making themselves into pretzels to explain it.

And I will be petty as hell when it happens.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

And the Bengals winning a Superbowl doesn't help that cause. 

Why not? It'd be a great story with a backup QB.  This is as hot as they've been since '05-06.  I think a lot of the animosity towards Brown is how poorly that team handled success.  I don't agree with them but I think 2015 cemented that perception for a lot of people. Media too, they don't want to hype up a team only to have them getting arrested or the star QB force a trade. Makes the brand look bad all around.

Burrow has more rizz than anybody here since maybe Chad, then imagine if he had to watch a SB win from the sideline. :popcorn: Even making the playoffs would keep us talking through the offseason.

& youre petty as hell anyway but thanks for the warning I guess?  :ninja:

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Why not? It'd be a great story with a backup QB.  This is as hot as they've been since '05-06.  I think a lot of the animosity towards Brown is how poorly that team handled success.  I don't agree with them but I think 2015 cemented that perception for a lot of people. Media too, they don't want to hype up a team only to have them getting arrested or the star QB force a trade. Makes the brand look bad all around.

Burrow has more rizz than anybody here since maybe Chad, then imagine if he had to watch a SB win from the sideline. :popcorn: Even making the playoffs would keep us talking through the offseason.

& youre petty as hell anyway but thanks for the warning I guess?  :ninja:

What's wild is you posted this after we just got dog-walked . 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T-Dub said:

Not sure what point you're trying to make tbh.  The Stealers won so the NFL is entirely free of corruption?  That doesn't sound right but ok.

I'm not sure what you missed here. I said when we win a SB I'm going to enjoy folks turning themselves into pretzels to explain why the NFL "put their thumb on the scale" for us. You turned that into the NFL would benefit from us winning a SB with a backup QB, and said it after we got dog walked. Where is the benefit in us losing and the season being effectively over? That backup QB story isn't computing when the season is all but officially over.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I'm not sure what you missed here. I said when we win a SB I'm going to enjoy folks turning themselves into pretzels to explain why the NFL "put their thumb on the scale" for us. You turned that into the NFL would benefit from us winning a SB with a backup QB, and said it after we got dog walked. Where is the benefit in us losing and the season being effectively over? That backup QB story isn't computing when the season is all but officially over.

Oh you were saying a Bengals SB doesn't benefit the NFL & I disagree. They just want marketable stories & that was one example.

• Upvote 1