Cleveland Football Team Week (Part 2)

4 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

I don't see how the browns defense is so good it has to be because of Schwartz obviously Myles Garrett and Denzel ward were drafted high and newsome guess they made some decent free agent acquisitions 

They've gotten really good production from free agent signings:

Thornhill S

Okoronkwo DE

Tomlinson DT

Takitaki LB

And traded for Zadarius Smith who has been huge for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, texbengal said:

The ex-Notre Dame LB Owusu Karamoah was undersized but he’s a baller. i think he was drafted in the 3rd round, maybe? And Emerson is a really good CB, too. Grant Delpit struggled early between poor play and injury but he’s really come on also. So they’ve drafted well, beyond the  “premium” picks you cited. And up front, getting two good FAs  in Dalvin Tomlinson and Za’Darius Smith was big also. 

Middle of second round.  He was awesome at ND too.  Steal.

Weather for Sunday kickoff: 

37. Winds 8 mph. No precip. The 1.5 inch snowfall will be Saturday between 6am and noon. Then nothing. 

Weather should not be a factor. Other than a bit too cold for my aging bones. 

No…I don’t even golf in this weather. 

• Upvote 1

i am with the , if the player is not 90-100% healthy then you sit them crowd. 

it is time to learn what we can about this roster .. so lets see if this punter can handle the pressure. i would tell him if he under performs in anyway , he is  getting cut. not were bringing in competition next year.. he is gone .. if he can handle that then maybe he can grow forward.

the OL either steps up or we move on with them .

i wouldnt be afraid to pull any of them to make a point and let them sit for a series or 2.

TBF..I imagine no one on the roster is 90%-100% healthy. 17 games will do that. 

And with the “let’s see what we have” viewpoint…I reiterate: they should already know what the backups can do—very few haven’t played a decent amount already. The exception being constant inactives such as Smith and Carman. They are already known so well, they don’t need to be seen. 

And, if all of these backups haven’t played either with the starters or each other on a regular basis (rotations, etc), then one will not get an accurate read on how good/bad they are with limited snaps. 

Finally, for those sad souls who will be in attendance for this final game, the price ($$) we pay is worthy of the performers making a game of it. One expects the Chinese Fire Drill of a game in the last preseason game in August. This isn’t a preseason game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

TBF..I imagine no one on the roster is 90%-100% healthy. 17 games will do that. 

And with the “let’s see what we have” viewpoint…I reiterate: they should already know what the backups can do—very few haven’t played a decent amount already. The exception being constant inactives such as Smith and Carman. They are already known so well, they don’t need to be seen. 

And, if all of these backups haven’t played either with the starters or each other on a regular basis (rotations, etc), then one will not get an accurate read on how good/bad they are with limited snaps. 

Finally, for those sad souls who will be in attendance for this final game, the price ($$) we pay is worthy of the performers making a game of it. One expects the Chinese Fire Drill of a game in the last preseason game in August. This isn’t a preseason game. 

Dax Hill had plenty of snaps last year, but not at Saftey, and now we are all having to hope he gets better next year.

In game reps matter. The more you can give the young guys, the better they will be (hopefully) next season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

But it's not just ANY participation award...

aaaTrophy2.png.4ceaf7ac9068ee144d171dcf3d6298f2.png

It might be a prestigious award for the division. 

it's not been done in the modern era.

It shows how powerful it is..

Kick that 4th place stuff down the road.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

It might be a prestigious award for the division. 

it's not been done in the modern era.

It shows how powerful it is..

Kick that 4th place stuff down the road.

I guess I’m too old. I actually remember when fans of teams used to look at winning seasons as at least a positive. 

Bengals make roster moves before Week 18 vs. Browns

Chris Roling
Sat, Jan 6, 2024, 12:15 PM CST·1 min read

68dcde879c602dab4806fd129c79ed5e

The Cincinnati Bengals made a pair of roster moves ahead of the team’s Week 18 game against the Cleveland Browns.

Seeking depth at key spots for the season finale, the team elevated cornerback Sidney Jones IV and wide receiver Stanley Morgan from the practice squad to the active roster.

As standard elevations, both players will return to the practice squad on the Monday after the game.

Cornerbacks Chidobe Awuzie and Jalen Davis are questionable on the final injury report, so Jones reinforces that area.

More significant is the fact wideout Tee Higgins carries a “doubtful” tag into the game, so Morgan is important depth behind the likes of rookie Andrei Iosivas.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-roster-moves-week-18-181542476.html

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I guess I’m too old. I actually remember when fans of teams used to look at winning seasons as at least a positive. 

Guess getting to the Superbowl spoiled some of us

Though personally, I'd like to win it, 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Including a good % of the active roster, in my eyes.  Said it before but Taylor or somebody needs to get it through to them that all they've done so far is lose a Superbowl.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Though personally, I'd like to win it, 

It's so damn hard to get to the big dance let alone win it .

We're close and have to fill or keep primary pieces to get there.

Blackburn women have to

determine that.

Much faith in them.

• Upvote 2