Keeping our enemies close: 2024

9 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Each time he speaks it's the personification of cringe 😬

When conspiracy nutters start talking about lizard aliens wearing human skins this is the sort of video they point to...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Do his thigh pads really say "Neighborhood Hero"???   I'm guessing some of his neighbors may disagree.  :)

IDK, I'm guessing the amount of cash he had to give them to make that whole incident go away was pretty heroic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Good for Joe

It really is. For some unknown reason, the haters will watch his every move on the Texans, waiting for the first flub before chortling: “aha! I knew it! We win…and get a conditional 7th round pick by unloading this guy on those fools!”

Meanwhile, he will get yet another 1,000 yard, 8-10 TD season…and be worth every dime of that contract. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Le Tigre said:

It really is. For some unknown reason, the haters will watch his every move on the Texans, waiting for the first flub before chortling: “aha! I knew it! We win…and get a conditional 7th round pick by unloading this guy on those fools!”

Meanwhile, he will get yet another 1,000 yard, 8-10 TD season…and be worth every dime of that contract. 

Yup

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Agree.

I'm warming up to Moss+Brown combo now though

(And Trayveon lurks).........

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I question whether 1k yards & 8-10 TD's actually are worth $10M+/year.  Half the starting backs in the NFL were in that range last season.  Only 6 of them were pulling down more than his $8.5M & that was on a reduced deal.

Unless they plan on being a run-first team with him as the feature back for the next 3 years I don't see paying him $27M+ over that span.  I don't think 1k & 10 TD's a year can carry an offense even if he does play out the full contract.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I question whether 1k yards & 8-10 TD's actually are worth $10M+/year.  Half the starting backs in the NFL were in that range last season.

Back in 14 game seasons 1k was the milestone.

That's 72 ypg.

That  would equate to 1225 now..

My belief that a 1400 yr runner had an elite year in this era.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Back in 14 game seasons 1k was the milestone.

That's 72 ypg.

That  would equate to 1150 now..

My belief that a 1400 yr runner had an elite year in this era.

He might get that with a better OL.  I think this team was looking for more explosive plays & the chance to score from anywhere on the field, not just goal-to-go situations.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He might get that with a better OL.  I think this team was looking for more explosive plays & the chance to score from anywhere on the field, not just goal-to-go situations.

Mixon might explode in Houston with Stroud under center..

Texans are putting together a playoff team .

There division is no longer a patsy though as every team has improved.

A team to keep an eye on.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Mixon might explode in Houston with Stroud under center..

Texans are putting together a playoff team .

There division is no longer a patsy though as every team has improved.

A team to keep an eye on.

Still think any AFCN team would win that division, but I'd say that about most of them.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Still think any AFCN team would win that division, but I'd say that about most of them.b

The AFCN is truly the monsters of the midway .

Every team is classified as the hardest hitting team in the AFC.

Put them in one division and see if they fear any team outside it.

They don't..

Just each other.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

The reality is it’s a 2 year $6.5 mil a year contract.  $13 mil guaranteed and they can easily get out after year 2.  It is a very reasonable contract. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I question whether 1k yards & 8-10 TD's actually are worth $10M+/year.  Half the starting backs in the NFL were in that range last season.  Only 6 of them were pulling down more than his $8.5M & that was on a reduced deal.

Well, the contract is only guaranteed for $13 mil and has an out after year 2.  Basically, it is a 2 year, $6.5mil per year guaranteed contract.   The backloaded “maybe” numbers are just for ego. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Still think any AFCN team would win that division, but I'd say that about most of them.

If only we could move to the NFC South.