Keeping our enemies close: 2024

4 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Anything that isn't similar to this mock up is a colossal failure. The Broncos had one of the best uniforms in all of sports, plus a great color scheme and helmet. Truly a thing of beauty. And then ruined them. 

IMG_20240325_202457.jpg

Sadly, the logo and colors are not changing. I've also heard rumors that the shoulder panels on the side are going to have mountains on them. I shit you not. Getting rid of the 90s side panels and other craziness will be an improvement, but it sounds like an overall failure is in the works.

23 hours ago, spicoli said:

He is Pittsburgh born and bred

I don't care if he was conceived at the 50-yard line at Three Rivers Stadium and raised in an apartment at Heinz Field, next door the Stealers locker room. As a member of the Bengals family, you do not associate with or wear the colors of that franchise, much less take actions to help them win games. I will forever be pissed at one of my all time favorite players for this (Ken Anderson).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bleeds Orange said:

Sadly, the logo and colors are not changing.

I despise how so many NFL teams changed out their bright blue for the same bland dark navy blue that many teams have now. Eagles did the same with their Kelly green. Brighter colors almost always look better. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Anything that isn't similar to this mock up is a colossal failure. The Broncos had one of the best uniforms in all of sports, plus a great color scheme and helmet. Truly a thing of beauty. And then ruined them. 

IMG_20240325_202457.jpg

Yeah, that is nice uni.  I like the red and blue above as well.  

2 hours ago, Griever said:

Will be interesting to watch...for about five minutes

Well, typically the Reds are already out of contention so I will take it.  

Just saw where Stoolers signed Cordarelle Patterson on a 2-year deal. He's not/never was a great WR (which is the position he was drafted to be), but out of the backfield, he's done some really good things, and he's a hella KR too - which, given the new KR rules, is a great pickup for them.

That said, I don't think that takes them out of the Tyler Boyd sweepstakes, and I'm thinking they'll take a WR early in the draft regardless... but he's definitely an interesting pickup. Arthur Smith had him in Atl, and as the new OC in Pitt, he's very familiar with his skill set and how he can be used. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39815804/sources-Stealers-sign-ex-falcons-rb-cordarrelle-patterson

5 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

League office shafted the Bengals across the entire globe. 🌍 Even in Germany (which would have made sense based on Cincinnati's heritage). 

IMG_20240326_232345.jpg

Germany and Cincinnati a great match.

Let the German beer flow!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gupps said:

Remember this fashion statement from the color rush era?

jets-bills-color-rush.jpg

That would be a great game to watch for the almost 10% of the population with red/green color blindness...not the mention the players with it.  :)

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

That would be a great game to watch for the almost 10% of the population with red/green color blindness...not the mention the players with it.  :)

Never thought about that.  

6 hours ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

That should not be the case this year if the Reds get decent pitching they can win their division 

Sorry, been on this ride too many times.  The key phrase is always, “If they get decent pitching.”  

Also, the Stealers signing Patterson is an interesting move.  If he still has some of that All-Pro return ability he could do some damage.  Then again, this new rerun thing may be a bust.  Guess we will see. Certainly gonna look goofy. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Sorry, been on this ride too many times.  The key phrase is always, “If they get decent pitching.”  

Also, the Stealers signing Patterson is an interesting move.  If he still has some of that All-Pro return ability he could do some damage.  Then again, this new rerun thing may be a bust.  Guess we will see. Certainly gonna look goofy. 

Its Allways about pitching in MLB.

The average inns per starter is now 5.2.

The bullpens have to pitch damn near half the game .

The Reds zeroed in in some good relievers.

Hopefully the bats will come thru as well as this team is loaded with good hitters 

They're in a good position for a playoff run.