Black Monday and Coaching changes (non Bengals related)

7 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I'm a big fan of Harnaugh .

Hrs been a  great coach wherever he's been.

U know it too

Mehhh...still can't past their whiney ass behavior...doesn't help John that he coaches the <spit> Ravens...and that Jim has multiple NCAA allegations against him.  But sure, what's not to like?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Mehhh...still can't past their whiney ass behavior...doesn't help John that he coaches the <spit> Ravens...and that Jim has multiple NCAA allegations against him.  But sure, what's not to like?

What's not to like?

Ask Stanford, Michigan, 49ers.

.Ask any QB he's mentored.

Hate the man if u must but not the brilliant coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

What's not to like?

Ask Stanford, Michigan, 49ers.

.Ask any QB he's mentored.

Hate the man if u must but not the brilliant coach.

Hate's a strong word, I just think he's a crybaby-ass bitch and it has everything to do with the way he coaches.  He may be a saint off the field, no idea but I kind of doubt it from someone who has a screaming fit any time things don't go his way.  Sportsmanship counts for a lot with me and he displays none of it.

IDK about Jimmy but Johnny also dances like he's stepping on Legos so there's that.  I might hate him a little bit for that, tbh.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Hate's a strong word, I just think he's a crybaby-ass bitch and it has everything to do with the way he coaches.  He may be a saint off the field, no idea but I kind of doubt it from someone who has a screaming fit any time things don't go his way.  Sportsmanship counts for a lot with me and he displays none of it.

IDK about Jimmy but Johnny also dances like he's stepping on Legos so there's that.  I might hate him a little bit for that, tbh.

Yet they win..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Nothing not to like if a team wants to win.

No?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Good people?

Win games is what they do.

You took issue with the fact I think they're both kind of dickheads.  Your counterargument is that they often win football games.  You see the disconnect?

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

You took issue with the fact I think they're both kind of dickheads.  Your counterargument is that they often win football games.  You see the disconnect?

I see you as Allways finding anything negative to say about the Harbaughs.

What's your actual gripe aside you don't find them as buddy buddy types in your world.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

I see you as Allways finding anything negative to say about the Harbaughs.

What's your actual gripe aside you don't find them as buddy buddy types in your world.

Well thank goodness they have you to rally in their defense. Im sure they appreciate it deeply.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Yet they win..

putting his recent obvious big win aside, he is like 86-25 at michigan which as far as contenders go, isnt very good. ryan day for example, is 56-8, which is what like double the winning percentage or double the wins per loss or whatever? and is on the hot seat to get fired semi regularly. hell he didnt even make the college playoffs  for 6 years.

he is likely a good coach and he has always had some good success, the 49ers did in fact fire him, he seems like the guy who can come in and ramp up a squad once but doesnt maybe have what it takes to sustain it long term. Many coaches are like that, id put Vrabel in that category, he lifted the titans but couldnt get them over the hump. it would be interesting to know what that is in those type of coaches. is it that new players or first year or two buy in but once they hear the same old routine year after year they buy in a lot less? a personality that gets old? 

coaching is a wild business.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

putting his recent obvious big win aside, he is like 86-25 at michigan which as far as contenders go, isnt very good. ryan day for example, is 56-8, which is what like double the winning percentage or double the wins per loss or whatever? and is on the hot seat to get fired semi regularly. hell he didnt even make the college playoffs  for 6 years.

he is likely a good coach and he has always had some good success, the 49ers did in fact fire him, he seems like the guy who can come in and ramp up a squad once but doesnt maybe have what it takes to sustain it long term. Many coaches are like that, id put Vrabel in that category, he lifted the titans but couldnt get them over the hump. it would be interesting to know what that is in those type of coaches. is it that new players or first year or two buy in but once they hear the same old routine year after year they buy in a lot less? a personality that gets old? 

coaching is a wild business.

Was thinking Vrabel might be an interesting choice if Anarumo got poached, assuming he'd take a DC job.

I’ve never been a Harbaugh the person fan but there’s no denying he’s had success. Not only at Michigan but at every stop he’s had. When he took over, they simply didn’t have the horses and it started at QB, where they didn’t seem to be able to find a guy… and his recruiting classes were good, but not as star-studded as some other places….

i think he’ll continue to do well in LA. They’ve got a helluva QB and some very good skill guys… plus some great pieces on D like Mack, Bosa, James… I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see them in the playoffs next year.  

• Upvote 1

• Montana Bengal changed the title to Black Monday and Coaching changes (non Bengals related)