On 3/8/2024 at 1:37 PM, sparky151 said:

Dehner's roster prediction has us signing S Darnell Savage, DT Teair Tart, TE Hayden Hurst, RT Mekhi Becton, CB Kristian Fulton, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, P Tommy Townsend, and RB Zach Moss.

He has us drafting

JC Latham

Ricky Pearsall

Kris Jenkins

Ben Sinnott

Isaac Guerendo 

Drake Nugent

Justin Rogers

Darius Muasau

https://theathletic.com/5324461/2024/03/08/bengals-53-man-roster-projection-2024/

Rogers didn't do much at DL for Aubie after leaving the shadow of Deone Walker at UK.  Was a five-star at OL coming out of High School.  Might make a decent conversion project to OG that late in the draft.  I'd take Walker as the Bengals first round pick and be damned happy.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Maybe the "league is out to get us" folks can give it a rest now?

OR…they can say that this was more proof, but just got caught with an egregious infraction and once caught decided they had to make the correction…this time.  :shrug: 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

* Bengals basically traded Bates for a 3rd Rd pick. 

I can live with that. 

The “problem” is that those picks come a year later.  

I know at least one of the value charts also listed values for “next year’s draft” and they were greatly reduced.  I don’t know that teams view it that way, but I always thought that during the draft, we should trade perhaps our 4th-rounder (for a team looking to move up for a specific player) for next years 2nd-rounder…and then do that every year.  You take the hit (lose the 4th-round pick) in the first year, but after that you have turned your 4th-rounder into a 2nd-rounder in each year’s draft.  [Of course, this assumes you can find the needed trade partner each year…which is not a given.  Those “next year” (or even the year after that) draft picks can also be accumulated through trades of draft picks and/or players.]. 

We should try to get our trade partners to throw in a pick in a future draft.  Say, instead of a 2nd and a 5th this year for Tee, make it a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.  It would hurt a bit for this year, but pay off next year.  

New England Cheatriots recently went through a string of drafts where they seemed to always have one or two extra picks in early rounds that were “earned” by trade a year or two before.  

Let’s take advantage of the lower value associated with future year draft picks.  

🦗

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Cricket said:

OR…they can say that this was more proof, but just got caught with an egregious infraction and once caught decided they had to make the correction…this time.  :shrug: 

I'm sure they will.

2 hours ago, Cricket said:

The “problem” is that those picks come a year later.  

I know at least one of the value charts also listed values for “next year’s draft” and they were greatly reduced.  I don’t know that teams view it that way, but I always thought that during the draft, we should trade perhaps our 4th-rounder (for a team looking to move up for a specific player) for next years 2nd-rounder…and then do that every year.  You take the hit (lose the 4th-round pick) in the first year, but after that you have turned your 4th-rounder into a 2nd-rounder in each year’s draft.  [Of course, this assumes you can find the needed trade partner each year…which is not a given.  Those “next year” (or even the year after that) draft picks can also be accumulated through trades of draft picks and/or players.]. 

We should try to get our trade partners to throw in a pick in a future draft.  Say, instead of a 2nd and a 5th this year for Tee, make it a 2nd this year and a 3rd next year.  It would hurt a bit for this year, but pay off next year.  

New England Cheatriots recently went through a string of drafts where they seemed to always have one or two extra picks in early rounds that were “earned” by trade a year or two before.  

Let’s take advantage of the lower value associated with future year draft picks.  

🦗

This is a good idea. Typically picks are discounted by 1 round per year delayed. And teams usually use the middle of the round on their pick value chart but sometimes you know a team will be bad and their pick will be worth more. That's one of the reasons it was a mistake for the Bengals to not take advantage of the Titans last year when we picked Myles Murphy as they were trying to trade up for Will Levis. We could have had Dawand Jones and Darnell Washington last year plus the Titans second rounder this year. 

• Upvote 1

Guessing Brock still hasn’t hit the time he wants to in his training. Can’t see a scenario where he doesn’t test at all before the draft. If he doesn’t - he’s going to be in the realm of possibilities.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Loading up the bullets 🔫

IMG_20240314_212624.jpg

Well well, for a 7th round pick, #224 is pretty good all things considered...it's the FOURTH pick of the 7th round...I previously assumed it was Houston's pick at #247.

• Upvote 1