8 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

IMG_20240314_221911.jpg

Becton is not someone you abandon a 1st round RT for. This would be a huge mistake, if they move up move up to go get Alt. But really they will need to move up in 2 to get Sweat imho

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Well well, for a 7th round pick, #224 is pretty good all things considered...it's the FOURTH pick of the 7th round...I previously assumed it was Houston's pick at #247.

I guess then when it was initially a conditional 7th rounder it was conditional on Mixon signing an extension?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Dem thighs tho #thicc  

Too bad he runs a 4.8 40. He’s a football player though. Damn good one at that. 

Also, Odunze is going to bust in the NFL. I feel that in every cell that compromises me. 

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

Well well, for a 7th round pick, #224 is pretty good all things considered...it's the FOURTH pick of the 7th round...I previously assumed it was Houston's pick at #247.

Punter

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Still not getting how we went from trading Higgins for a high draft pick to giving up our own draft picks along with him. 

Just tossing it around 

Would u trade Tee and our 18 for Tenn at 7?

• Upvote 1

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Just tossing it around 

Hell no.  I'm not giving up a first round pick and a proven first round-quality WR just to move up 11 spots. 

Their 2nd round pick at #38 for Higgins straight up, maybe.  I suppose the fact they'd have to negotiate a fresh contract with his somewhat delusional agent is worth consideration.

That aside, the Bengals tagged him for a reason.  I don't see the logic in giving up draft picks along with him when they could've just let him walk.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IKOTA said:

Also, Odunze is going to bust in the NFL. I feel that in every cell that compromises me. 

Why on Odunze?

Is it the Ross from Wash factor?

He reminds me of a former Packer 

who I wanted in the draft

Jordy Nelson.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Why on Odunze?

Is it the Ross from Wash factor?

He reminds me of a former Packer 

who I wanted in the draft

Jordy Nelson.

Much different player than Ross but same vibes. Not sure about pinpointing it, just feel that way. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That aside, the Bengals tagged him for a reason. 

Because they want him to play on their team this season. And he will. A vital part of the offense…but I read somewhere that he’s “nothing special”.

2 hours ago, IKOTA said:

Your cells compromise you? You might want to get that checked out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alleycat said:

Your cells compromise you? You might want to get that checked out. 

😂 Spellcheck man, gets me so often. Usually I’m able to catch it but sometimes it gets the better of me. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Because they want him to play on their team this season. And he will. A vital part of the offense…but I read somewhere that he’s “nothing special”.

I'd say because they know his value..  If he's not going to play here they want to get something towards replacing him.  However if they were listening to trade offers, his speaking out about it might have ended negotiations.  The public didn't need to know, that's a bad look.

Higgins vs TN 2023 postseason

^ that's immediate WR1 on, say, 20 teams at least?  I think that's worth a first round pick even with the veteran contract he's earned.

Having forced their hand though my bet's on reporting halfway through camp and then balling out, maybe another tag but with a trade already in place.  I wouldn't rule out an extension yet either once reality sets in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I'd say because they know his value..  If he's not going to play here they want to get something towards replacing him.  However if they were listening to trade offers, his speaking out about it might have ended negotiations.  The public didn't need to know, that's a bad look.

Higgins vs TN 2023 postseason

^ that's immediate WR1 on, say, 20 teams at least?  I think that's worth a first round pick even with the veteran contract he's earned.

Having forced their hand though my bet's on reporting halfway through camp and then balling out, maybe another tag but with a trade already in place.  I wouldn't rule out an extension yet either once reality sets in.

Good stuff

Agree except negotiating long term with Tee's agent.

Ya know?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

However if they were listening to trade offers, his speaking out about it might have ended negotiations.  The public didn't need to know, that's a bad look.

I work in the civil litigation world. In higher profile cases (even at the small town local levels), it is never uncommon for plaintiff lawyers to spout crap off to the press…”my client was harmed beyond belief by the negligent/corrupt fill-in-the-blank defendant. This isn’t about money—it’s about justice!” Bollocks…it’s always about money. In any event, courting the court of public opinion goes right along with the “process”. Mileage always varies, but it’s always expected. 

Agents/Lawyers try to work the press. It’s not that—at the same time—they aren’t sweetness and light to their opponents with the cash. “Let’s work something out together.” I noted that the normally attack-dog media, tempered the headlines with the phrase “…requests a trade”, as opposed to “…demands a trade”. It indicates—to me anyway—that it isn’t nuclear launch levels at the negotiating table. Way too early in the process. Agent/lawyer is simply giving an appetizer of red meat to the media to check what the temperature of interest by the public is. Other than on message boards, I have not seen or heard of on-the-street chatter by John Q AverageFan exclaiming “Tee Higgins wants to be traded!!!”. The “look” isn’t being perceived good/bad one way or the other.

This is not a canary in a coal mine stuff..just off-season theatre production. In the conference rooms or Zoom Meetings—be advised the discussions are all dispassionate business on both sides. 

40 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I work in the civil litigation world. In higher profile cases (even at the small town local levels), it is never uncommon for plaintiff lawyers to spout crap off to the press…”my client was harmed beyond belief by the negligent/corrupt fill-in-the-blank defendant. This isn’t about money—it’s about justice!” Bollocks…it’s always about money. In any event, courting the court of public opinion goes right along with the “process”. Mileage always varies, but it’s always expected. 

Agents/Lawyers try to work the press. It’s not that—at the same time—they aren’t sweetness and light to their opponents with the cash. “Let’s work something out together.” I noted that the normally attack-dog media, tempered the headlines with the phrase “…requests a trade”, as opposed to “…demands a trade”. It indicates—to me anyway—that it isn’t nuclear launch levels at the negotiating table. Way too early in the process. Agent/lawyer is simply giving an appetizer of red meat to the media to check what the temperature of interest by the public is. Other than on message boards, I have not seen or heard of on-the-street chatter by John Q AverageFan exclaiming “Tee Higgins wants to be traded!!!”. The “look” isn’t being perceived good/bad one way or the other.

This is not a canary in a coal mine stuff..just off-season theatre production. In the conference rooms or Zoom Meetings—be advised the discussions are all dispassionate business on both sides. 

100%. It’s pretty standard stuff and really, I’d do the same thing if I were his agent (and I’m sure - with Tee’s approval - that is where it’s coming from).  Tee doesn’t have much leverage, and they all know it, especially with Mike Brown and fam, who is as stubborn as they come. 

Yes, Tee could decide not to sign, and choose to sit out. But for his sake, he needs a big year to show he can be healthy and put up big stats to position himself for a long-term bag… and what’s more, he appears to really love the game, given his willingness to sneak in a late-season game this past year, hurt, to help the team). So it’s highly, highly doubtful that he will pass on a $21M payday, which still puts him among the best-paid WRs in the NFL. 

Personally, I had hoped they’d get him on a longer-term deal, but it really looks like that won’t happen… at least not at this point. Maybe they will get some awesome offer to deal him… or maybe they don’t, and the Bengals decide to franchise him again… who knows. But I firmly expect him to be starting on 2024 opening day, and having a great (and hopefully healthy) season. 

• Upvote 2

If they franchise him again next year I think I’ll rip my hair out. If you are going to guarantee two years in full - why not do it now and get an extra two years of control.

I think it’s certainly possible. But it will be frustrating and probably a signal that things are changing as much as we would hope or they’re cash poor.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Just tossing it around 

No, but how about their 2nd and we swap 4th rounders  (I don't think they have a 3rd). Or better yet, are the Pats in need of a WR? Their 2nd and swap 3rds. I don't want to trade him but everyone has their price. 💰