1 minute ago, alleycat said:

That’s an amazing draft. 

Even though I don't like waiting until the 5th for a WR, I would still take this mock draft in a heartbeat. This draft even adds a late 7th round punter to give Robbins some competition. So yeah, it's too good to be true.

Yeah - that would be solid. I’d belly ache about not taking a WR at 80, but getting two more defensive tackles and a guard that could possibly play right away would be great.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if the Bengals would pass on a prospect because his agent is very difficult to deal with?

Muleghetta, the agent who represented both Bates and Higgins, also represents Taliese Fuega.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dex said:

Wonder if the Bengals would pass on a prospect because his agent is very difficult to deal with?

Muleghetta, the agent who represented both Bates and Higgins, also represents Taliese Fuega.

I doubt it. At some point they are going to have to get a deal done with him. Dont pass on talent just because of an agent.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I doubt it. At some point they are going to have to get a deal done with him. Dont pass on talent just because of an agent.

Agree if the there is a real graded difference between 2 players. But maybe as a tiebreaker factor...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dex said:

That would be very petty and stupid...ultimately the player makes the decisions, not the agents so blaming the agents is misguided, they are fiduciaries, not decision-makers. 

If Bates wanted to be a Bengal he would be, if Tee wanted to sign a long-term deal he would... the agent just gets his clients the best deals possible.  

21 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Sheldon was a 4th rounder. Not a major toss of dice. Boom or bust. Carman was a bad pick in that he was a natural LT and they not only used him too early, they put him at a position he had no business (or experience) playing. Both, however, were above average at the collegiate level. 

A flub-up on a night out on the town does not discount what he did on the field at Texas. There may be better “value” picks at NT later on, but for a true description of what the Bengals need as a pure NT, he is it. 

The Bengals met with him…he’s been vetted. If they suspected a chronic issue, then that is one matter. 

A lot of people suspect Sweat is an alcoholic, based on his BAC combined with pretty good performance on the tests the cops gave him. They read it as he's a highly functional problem drinker. Getting to his .105 at his weight required a lot of drinks and if he was inexperienced, he would have been swaying and slurring his speech more. 

9 hours ago, texbengal said:

For sure… forgot he’d played in Canada. Very good player. 

Off the top of my head, Andrew Hawkins played in Canada too. Always liked him. 

Moonpie Wilson, hadn't thought about him in a long time.

I think the Bengals have had some DBs from the CFL in camp before.

55 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

A lot of people suspect Sweat is an alcoholic, based on his BAC combined with pretty good performance on the tests the cops gave him. They read it as he's a highly functional problem drinker. Getting to his .105 at his weight required a lot of drinks and if he was inexperienced, he would have been swaying and slurring his speech more. 

Moonpie Wilson, hadn't thought about him in a long time.

I think the Bengals have had some DBs from the CFL in camp before.

Winston Rose was on the PS for a year or two a few years back. 

9 hours ago, dex said:

There are a lot of 7 round media mock drafts, but I always pay special attention to the Dane Brugler one in The Athletic. Yeah, these things are always a crapshoot, but The Beast is just so detailed. Here is what he came up with for Cincinnati:

1 (18). Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas
2 (49). Cooper Beebe, G, Kansas State
3 (80). Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State
3 (97). D.J. James, CB, Auburn
4 (115). T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
5 (149). Anthony Gould, WR, Oregon State
6 (194). Erick All, TE, Iowa
6 (214). Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia (Can.)
7 (224). Sam Hartman, QB, Wake Forest
7 (237). Ryan Rehkow, P, BYU

We need a OT earlier than round 6 IMHO, like one of our 3rd rounders or our 4th.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I would like to see these “people” and their expert findings. If it is just supposition from tank-topped TV blabbermouths, then question the source strongly. 

Are there any actual medical/psychological opinions? Otherwise it appears to be bollocks 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, spicoli said:

It’s not so much what he did that’s causing the concern, it’s when he did it. Piss poor judgement is not the endearing quality NFL teams are looking for.

His mama raised him by herself.

tough place to grow up in.

He's was bigger than kids from the start.

Mama feed and babied him.

He wasn't a bully .exact opposite..

Passively funny...

Needs mentorship..

Maybe BJ Hill could take a role in it..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

I would like to see these “people” and their expert findings. If it is just supposition from tank-topped TV blabbermouths, then question the source strongly. 

Are there any actual medical/psychological opinions? Otherwise it appears to be bollocks 

The discussion is in the NFL News forum at Football's Future. Some of the participants are alcoholics themselves. There are posts from counselors, lawyers, and police officers on various aspects of Sweat's arrest and analysis of the police report. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, dex said:

There are a lot of 7 round media mock drafts, but I always pay special attention to the Dane Brugler one in The Athletic. Yeah, these things are always a crapshoot, but The Beast is just so detailed. Here is what he came up with for Cincinnati:

1 (18). Byron Murphy II, DT, Texas
2 (49). Cooper Beebe, G, Kansas State
3 (80). Theo Johnson, TE, Penn State
3 (97). D.J. James, CB, Auburn
4 (115). T’Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
5 (149). Anthony Gould, WR, Oregon State
6 (194). Erick All, TE, Iowa
6 (214). Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia (Can.)
7 (224). Sam Hartman, QB, Wake Forest
7 (237). Ryan Rehkow, P, BYU

Passable with Sweatand Murphy...

Beebe is intriguing but at 2 ?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, dex said:

Even though I don't like waiting until the 5th for a WR, I would still take this mock draft in a heartbeat. This draft even adds a late 7th round punter to give Robbins some competition. So yeah, it's too good to be true.

So it will be .😎

11 hours ago, dex said:

Damn right Katys aware of this guy.

Owners hate him..

Players love him.

If they could land Fuaga for 4 rook yrs do it 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

This...

8 hours ago, sparky151 said:

The discussion is in the NFL News forum at Football's Future. Some of the participants are alcoholics themselves. There are posts from counselors, lawyers, and police officers on various aspects of Sweat's arrest and analysis of the police report. 

Will look that over. Thanks.