Callahan to Titans

Just now, claptonrocks said:

I don't..

I want Browning to stay as our backup.

Well you are going to get your wish. No one is trading for him. Not even Brian Callahan to have him hold a clipboard for the Titans next year.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Backup QBs are not expensive. You have a buy low sell high chance with Browning, it would be a shame to not take advantage of that.

Noooo you dont understand, Burrow is fragile and washed up and a 9-8 QB is the future :ninja:  A 100 sack season is the path to a championship, you'll see!

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Fine, you're looking at it from Tennessee's perspective. In regards to missing on an early WR pick, I present a name to think about: John Ross

As to what a WR is worth at Tee's age in a trade: Tyreek Hill

Granted Tee is not T. Hill but if Hill is worth a 1st, 2nd, 4th, 4th and 6th rd picks, Tee is easily worth a first

Ross tore his ACL and labrum at the UW. The fact the Bengals chose the winner of the underwear Olympics because he could run fast is a straight line is their fault.  

6 WRs were chosen before Higgins.  All of them are good except Jalen Reagor.   Ruggs was on his way to being a superstar until the car crash. 

Tee is a good #1 receiver but not  as good as guys like Hill, Jefferson, Waddle, Smith, Lamb and Chase.  He is NOT worth the 7th pick.  No way.  

They can trade that pick and get multiple picks.  Some of the best receivers were picked in the 20s. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Noooo you dont understand, Burrow is fragile and washed up and a 9-8 QB is the future :ninja:  A 100 sack season is the path to a championship, you'll see!

That’s kind of the point. Who’s going to trade for him when his ceiling is middle of the pack.  Why are second and third picks even being spoken about? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JC said:

That’s kind of the point. Who’s going to trade for him when his ceiling is middle of the pack.  Why are second and third picks even being spoken about? 

teams who watch brock purdy play football, and are like, hmmm can i pay jake browning $50 million over 6 years and pay star players around him, an give him easy safe targets but know he has the arm to make some big throws as needed. 

A jared Goff, Purdy, Mayfield without the picks, etc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

teams who watch brock purdy play football, and are like, hmmm can i pay jake browning $50 million over 6 years and pay star players around him, an give him easy safe targets but know he has the arm to make some big throws as needed. 

A jared Goff, Purdy, Mayfield without the picks, etc.

Yup 

Even if you think he is that caliber of player - which id say is way closer to Andy Dalton/Taylor Heinicke - those quarterbacks required minimal capital to acquire. Goff was a salary dump. Mayfield was cut. Purdy was the 9th 49ers pick in the draft. And they were all young.

There isn’t a team in the league that has superstars at skill positions that is going to reset with 28 year old Jake Browning. Justin Fields maybe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Depends on how high..

I'm thinking a 5th for him .

Sometimes we over value our own and undervalue prospective trade partners judgements on value.

Maybe true on the over-value and he's likely staying for 2024 anyway... but a guy who showed what he showed with smarts and toughness, where he wasn't a bus driver, and made some big-time throws... and is only 27, which is young for a QB... I believe he could fetch a day 2 pick.

But I don't believe it'd happen anyway. As much as we love JB, he has had injury issues, and the recklessness with which he plays can put him in harm's way. So I'd want a very solid backup who could win games for you, if/when called upon. So I'd be wary of trading him, unless it's an offer deemed to be too good to refuse. We know that McCarron was supposedly gonna fetch a 2nd from Cleveland before the paperwork snafu, and IMO Browning is a better QB. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

Maybe true on the over-value and he's likely staying for 2024 anyway... but a guy who showed what he showed with smarts and toughness, where he wasn't a bus driver, and made some big-time throws... and is only 27, which is young for a QB... I believe he could fetch a day 2 pick.

But I don't believe it'd happen anyway. As much as we love JB, he has had injury issues, and the recklessness with which he plays can put him in harm's way. So I'd want a very solid backup who could win games for you, if/when called upon. So I'd be wary of trading him, unless it's an offer deemed to be too good to refuse. We know that McCarron was supposedly gonna fetch a 2nd from Cleveland before the paperwork snafu, and IMO Browning is a better QB. 

If this playing reckless means suiting up behind the current Bengals OL I agree but this idea that he's somehow doing it to himself ehhh..  Oh he's holding on to the ball too long? Which is what, 2.5 seconds behind our OL?

He gets hurt because he's the most-sacked QB in the NFL. 

Before the season, most expected Lou would be the coordinator more likely to move on as a HC so seeing Callahan leave is a bit of a surprise.  The fact that he wasn’t the primary play caller makes it tough to say exactly how he impacted the offense good or bad.  To me he seemed like a sharp guy and I can’t remember any issues he had with any player.  I suspect his tenure in Tennessee could be difficult given the young quarterbacks in the division and the relatively weak roster he’s inherited.  Taking his father with him is a nice bonus as it hurts Cleveland but he also might end up taking some of our players/coaches.

As far as a replacement is concerned, it seems like Pitcher is the obvious choice in house but he also has interest from other teams.  If it’s not him, I would cast a wider net for new blood from outside.  It might be hard to get since the new OC won’t call plays.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Before the season, most expected Lou would be the coordinator more likely to move on as a HC so seeing Callahan leave is a bit of a surprise.  The fact that he wasn’t the primary play caller makes it tough to say exactly how he impacted the offense good or bad.  To me he seemed like a sharp guy and I can’t remember any issues he had with any player.  I suspect his tenure in Tennessee could be difficult given the young quarterbacks in the division and the relatively weak roster he’s inherited.  Taking his father with him is a nice bonus as it hurts Cleveland but he also might end up taking some of our players/coaches.

As far as a replacement is concerned, it seems like Pitcher is the obvious choice in house but he also has interest from other teams.  If it’s not him, I would cast a wider net for new blood from outside.  It might be hard to get since the new OC won’t call plays.  

Nailed it..

Callahan was on the field alot

His opinions on the offense were valued.

Smart and player friendly.

Bill Callahan will build an efficient

linefory him.

It's a plus start for the Titans..

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JC said:

Well you are going to get your wish. No one is trading for him. Not even Brian Callahan to have him hold a clipboard for the Titans next year.

Exactly. People talking about 2nd and 3rd Rd picks for him? 😂 He’s not worth a 2nd or 3rd alone, never mind both picks. At best, maybe someone would give a 6th or 7th Rd pick but that’s not likely either. There are a thousand Jake Brownings out there. 

Purdy has everything you want in a QB except for size. His instincts, pocket movement, ability to read defenses are on par with Burrow, unfortunately he’s a midget with elf sized hands. The great neutralizer. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3