Bengals' biggest decisions include Tee Higgins, Joe Mixon

12 minutes ago, JC said:

Thanks for sharing. Very interesting in regards to Dax. Wouldn’t even commit to him playing safety next year.

Didn’t play well at the perimeter his rookie year. Didn’t play safety all that well and now they need to decide where to play him? Would be pretty devastating after they had their sights set on karlafitis.

Sounds like if a Safety falls they may take one and find a different spot for Dax, if not he's your starter again.

34 minutes ago, JC said:

Very interesting in regards to Dax.

I've always thought his best position was in the slot near the line of scrimmage, which he did alot in college.

Most of his big plays so far in the NFL have also been when he's up near the line. He could be devastating as a blitzer ala Mike Hilton, but also great at playing the run and knifing in for TFLs. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

I've always thought his best position was in the slot near the line of scrimmage, which he did alot in college.

Most of his big plays so far in the NFL have also been when he's up near the line. He could be devastating as a blitzer ala Mike Hilton, but also great at playing the run and knifing in for TFLs. 

We still have Hilton for another year, if they find a safety in the draft that may be what they do with Dax. Don't hate the idea. I'm a bit tired of us taking guys and trying to fit them into new positions, Zack Cater and Dax come to mind here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I love the idea of Tee signing a multi year deal but with Chase's upcoming contract for 30mil or so you can't have that much tied into receivers..J

JB..55..Chase. 30..Tee.23.

100 mil..

Not happening here.

Tag and trade..

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I love the idea of Tee signing a multi year deal but with Chase's upcoming contract for 30mil or so you can't have that much tied into receivers..J

100 mil..

Not happening here.

Tag and trade..

Uno alone isn’t going to cut it. He’s exceptional, but there is no one receiver in the present game who can carry the whole load. If they are so intent on kicking Boyd to the curb, they are now two receivers down. And with no dominant TE to turn to, they are down even further. 

Iosivas and Chuck Fizzle are hope-fors…better to both be on situational targets as opposed to go-to’s. At least until they show they can be go-to’s. 

Tee is not a luxury, he is a necessity. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Uno alone isn’t going to cut it. He’s exceptional, but there is no one receiver in the present game who can carry the whole load. If they are so intent on kicking Boyd to the curb, they are now two receivers down. And with no dominant TE to turn to, they are down even further. 

Iosivas and Chuck Fizzle are hope-fors…better to both be on situational targets as opposed to go-to’s. At least until they show they can be go-to’s. 

Tee is not a luxury, he is a necessity. 

But at what cost?

100 mil for 3 players??

Hell I'd rather sign Boyd at 6 mil (?)

than tie up that much in 3 players.

Not good for cap space especially if one goes down..

• Upvote 1

On locked on titans podcast the guy talks about not trading for tee with a second round pick. That’s great cause we ain’t trading him for free I hope they figure a way to keep him and he worth more than a 2nd rounder you in comment about the pie is bs spend to the cap Mike figure it out like other teams do. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

But at what cost?

100 mil for 3 players??

Hell I'd rather sign Boyd at 6 mil (?)

than tie up that much in 3 players.

Not good for cap space especially if one goes down..

“Cap space” is an illusion. Always has been. There are so many ways to maneuver around it. Every year, the teams jettison players from either existing or expiring contracts. The “cap space” becomes heightened by the losing of said contracts. 

Where there is a will there definitely is a way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Salary caps going up we need to convert some salary forward go in win now mode. Convert things from cap hit to bonus then in three years deal with cap issues. I rather do that than piss away all this talent like we did in Palmer years with other wr. Team building hard and we obviously can’t draft oline. Hopefully they do better this time as things have changed. Cleveland and rams have done this if we are gonna have few years to rebuild let’s have some stacked teams nfl cap is doing nothing but going up and swift may dump Kielce so jamarr could date her. Sell some jerseys. I hope this never happens. 

also whoever picking these players needs fired. Ross over maholmes was obvious Patrick was hof talent. 2 lineman first rounders one with bad knee the other sucked was only drafted because he went to Ohio state, the draft guides are out of date guys let’s get some good players. Murphy sucked compared to laportis te lions. We needed a te and picked a position of strength. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Mikeslumina said:

Salary caps going up we need to convert some salary forward go in win now mode. Convert things from cap hit to bonus then in three years deal with cap issues. I rather do that than piss away all this talent like we did in Palmer years with other wr. Team building hard and we obviously can’t draft oline. Hopefully they do better this time as things have changed. Cleveland and rams have done this if we are gonna have few years to rebuild let’s have some stacked teams nfl cap is doing nothing but going up and swift may dump Kielce so jamarr could date her. Sell some jerseys. I hope this never happens. 

also whoever picking these players needs fired. Ross over maholmes was obvious Patrick was hof talent. 2 lineman first rounders one with bad knee the other sucked was only drafted because he went to Ohio state, the draft guides are out of date guys let’s get some good players. Murphy sucked compared to laportis te lions. We needed a te and picked a position of strength. 

Strong 

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

“Cap space” is an illusion. Always has been. There are so many ways to maneuver around it. Every year, the teams jettison players from either existing or expiring contracts. The “cap space” becomes heightened by the losing of said contracts. 

Where there is a will there definitely is a way. 

Point taken..

• Upvote 1

I am often wrong. But I'm taking a hatchet to a portion of this roster.

I agree with @claptonrocks - you cannot tie up that much money with a QB and 2 receivers - and Ja'marr Chase cannot go anywhere else - I think after all is settled, we will pay him more than we probably estimate right now. If you can get picks for Tee, then you have to take them and use that money for other areas.

Mixon - gone. BJ Hill - gone. Reader - not re-signed. Scott - gone. Really go after revamping the D-Line. 

2 hours ago, Cat said:

I am often wrong. But I'm taking a hatchet to a portion of this roster.

I agree with @claptonrocks - you cannot tie up that much money with a QB and 2 receivers - and Ja'marr Chase cannot go anywhere else - I think after all is settled, we will pay him more than we probably estimate right now. If you can get picks for Tee, then you have to take them and use that money for other areas.

Mixon - gone. BJ Hill - gone. Reader - not re-signed. Scott - gone. Really go after revamping the D-Line. 

I get, but strongly disagree with the Mixon crowd (for what has become a bunch of tropes with no real meat) but BJ Hill? I am of the belief we need a 3 DT rotation and losing Hill makes no sense along those lines. Reader is a question mark for me, how healthy will he be and when and how long do they think he can still play?

• Upvote 1

RBs I like on that list are more reasonable than Barkley or Jacobs (both of whom I like)

Swift - explosive, does a lot of things well

Pollard (he didn’t look good post-injury but turned it up late). He’s explosive and he’s a very good receiver (former WR). 

Moss - really underrated. Hasn’t been over-used but has shown he can be a feature RB

Singletary - slippery, gets yards after contact. Can be featured if needed. Very productive

Clyde Edwards-Helaire - hasn’t been used a lot in KC, versatile. Good receiver. 
Rico Dowdle - runs hard. Hasn’t been used much but showed me something this year. Gonna be an underrated get for someone. 
Dobbins… has had terrible injury luck but if he checks out medically, he runs really hard. Very talented runner. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2024 at 6:17 PM, claptonrocks said:

100 mil..

Not happening here.

Tag and trade..

Bengals can easily afford all 3 of Joe, Ja'Marr, and Tee. The cap hits get spread over the life of the deal and the cashflow is already available. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, texbengal said:

RBs I like on that list are more reasonable than Barkley or Jacobs (both of whom I like)

Swift - explosive, does a lot of things well

Pollard (he didn’t look good post-injury but turned it up late). He’s explosive and he’s a very good receiver (former WR). 

Moss - really underrated. Hasn’t been over-used but has shown he can be a feature RB

Singletary - slippery, gets yards after contact. Can be featured if needed. Very productive

Clyde Edwards-Helaire - hasn’t been used a lot in KC, versatile. Good receiver. 
Rico Dowdle - runs hard. Hasn’t been used much but showed me something this year. Gonna be an underrated get for someone. 
Dobbins… has had terrible injury luck but if he checks out medically, he runs really hard. Very talented runner. 

I love Dobbins if he can pass a physical. He’s uber talented and has low mileage. Not sure how much injuries have taken a toll though and if the bengals  would be willing to take that risk.