5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'd rather replace Mixon with Gus Edwards and draft a power back on day 3 as an Evans replacement.  We'll probably re-sign Williams if he'll take a vet min deal. If not, so be it.

I will not complain if they don't bring back Mixon. He just seems like the type they want for the ride. Captain, 1000yard rusher, 50 catches. We see he doesn't have the explosion but he gives them some stability. 

I get most excited about a 2 year deal for Moss. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/15/2024 at 8:53 PM, spicoli said:

17 year old freshman in the B1G

A young Derrick Henry type. I’d welcome his addition to this team as a Mixon replacement, now or eventually. 

Mixon is as reliable as it gets, meaning you know he’s not pass blocking (kind of a big deal) but the other aspects of the position he performs fairly well without providing the explosion of most backs. A great pass catcher and a great teammate. Great teammate but a dick to everyone outside of Paycor, with the exception of charity events (an extension of Paycor almost). Will that be enough to keep him here this final year? I think they keep him around for this final run at a SB. I’m ok either way if he stays or goes this year but he’s very replaceable. An average back at best these days. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Agree that Mixon is average but he's paid as a top 10 back. He should be replaced. 

Ther other side of that is just don't pay him as well!

I have been ignoring the possibility Perine is back. 

Whats better

Mixon-Brown-Rookie-Williams

Brown-Perine-Rookie-Williams

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Whats better

The latter.

5 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I'd rather replace Mixon with Gus Edwards and draft a power back on day 3 as an Evans replacement.  We'll probably re-sign Williams if he'll take a vet min deal. If not, so be it.

Gud Edwards is a power back.

6'1 238 lbs..

4.53 forty 6 yrs ago.

He and Brown would make a thunder and Lightning duo.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Whats better

The second would be addition by subtraction but Perine didn't have a good year in Denver. 

20 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Gud Edwards is a power back.

6'1 238 lbs..

4.53 forty 6 yrs ago.

He and Brown would make a thunder and Lightning duo.

Yes, Edwards runs with power, which is what Mixon gave us. Gus is an older RB but relatively low mileage. So I'm not afraid of bringing him in but we should be looking for a younger version in the draft as well. I'd prefer Estime but Allen would be ok too. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

The second would be addition by subtraction but Perine didn't have a good year in Denver. 

Yes, Edwards runs with power, which is what Mixon gave us. Gus is an older RB but relatively low mileage. So I'm not afraid of bringing him in but we should be looking for a younger version in the draft as well. I'd prefer Estime but Allen would be ok too. 

Doubt we have a chance at Estime or Allen.

Believe they'll be gone before Bengals would pull the trigger on a RB..

But yeah both are ballers.

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

At what salary?

He won't get 6.5 on the open market.

You think teams don't know he wont

block?

He just said he expects him to be back they didn't get into salary (he was not asked). We both know they aren't going to ask him to take a pay cut two years in a row.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

He just said he expects him to be back they didn't get into salary (he was not asked). We both know they aren't going to ask him to take a pay cut two years in a row.

Probably not but he's not worth the money if so.

Hes afraid to death to block a Blitzer unless it's a CB.

Anyone else and he's already bailing out for a swing pass which the QB might have to throw under duress instead of blocking and letting the QB 

look for his main targets.

Same ole same ole..

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Probably not but he's not worth the money if so.

Hes afraid to death to block a Blitzer unless it's a CB.

Anyone else and he's already bailing out for a swing pass which the QB might have to throw under duress instead of blocking and letting the QB 

look for his main targets.

Same ole same ole..

Unbelievable that the team accepts this

:derp-min:

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

At what salary?

He won't get 6.5 on the open market.

You think teams don't know he wont

block?

According to Spotrac, Mixon will make $5.75 million in 2024 with a cap number of $8.85 million.  He will count $2.75 million in dead cap space if released.  He’s no longer one of the highest paid RB after restructuring his deal last year and I doubt he’ll be cut.  

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

According to Spotrac, Mixon will make $5.75 million in 2024 with a cap number of $8.85 million.  He will count $2.75 million in dead cap space if released.  He’s no longer one of the highest paid RB after restructuring his deal last year and I doubt he’ll be cut.  

Dehner says the team saves 6.1 mil by cutting Mixon so there must be some workout or roster bonuses in there too.

• Upvote 1