Super Bowl LVIII Game Thread

15 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I always wonder if they mass produce  the championship gear in advance for both teams…or go into high speed in Vietnam or Bangladesh to make them after the final whistle? 

The commercials are offering the gear like pronto 

I think they mass produce it for both teams and the losing team's gear gets shipped to Africa somewhere.

Kids in Africa are running around in Bengals Super Bowl Champs gear somewhere. 

https://www.swagcycle.net/what-happens-to-the-losing-teams-championship-merchandise/#:~:text=Branded merchandise companies pre-print,created for the losing team%3F

Also, hubby had a 7 stage parlay on the game. All that had to happen for it to come in was for SF to win by 2 points. :( All the player bets came in. 

• Upvote 2

Some of the 49er players said they did not know both teams have to possess the ball now in OT. How f#cking dumb are these guys? That is a pretty basic rule, I get they may not know the rulebook front to back but come on...soem thought when they gotthe field goal they won LOL. 

On another note, Joe can definitlely go toe to toe with Kermit and Lou can go toe to toe with Spags but I am not sure Zac is anywhere near Reid and Tobin's group is anywhere near the Chiefs personnel group. They are not invincable by any measure but they will always be formidable with the coaches and personnel people (and Kermit) they have.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On another note, Joe can definitlely go toe to toe with Kermit and Lou can go toe to toe with Spags but I am not sure Zac is anywhere near Reid and Tobin's group is anywhere near the Chiefs personnel group. They are not invincable by any measure but they will always be formidable with the coaches and personnel people (and Kermit) they have.

OL & more recently the secondary.  Everywhere else they match up well enough to beat anybody.

Far as Zac goes we're comparing 5 years of NFL head coaching XP with Reid's 25.  With that in mind my only complaints with him are with trying to do both the HC and OC job.  He seems to lose the plot on one or the other at times, I think it's too much for him to juggle right now, maybe give it another go in 2 decades. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Shebengal said:

I think they mass produce it for both teams and the losing team's gear gets shipped to Africa somewhere.

Kids in Africa are running around in Bengals Super Bowl Champs gear somewhere. 

https://www.swagcycle.net/what-happens-to-the-losing-teams-championship-merchandise/#:~:text=Branded merchandise companies pre-print,created for the losing team%3F

Not just Africa. Saw this one here in Prague in 2019.

IMG_0447.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Let me guess: Crumbl? 

No. Some outfit called Carrie's Cookies from New Albany. One of my clients hosts a weekly meeting of New Albany merchants and businesses in one of our conference rooms, so I'm guessing that's where they came from. 

5 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

No. Some outfit called Carrie's Cookies from New Albany. One of my clients hosts a weekly meeting of New Albany merchants and businesses in one of our conference rooms, so I'm guessing that's where they came from. 

Carrie’s is a good place. I’m just seeing Crumbl shops springing up everywhere.