27 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Reminds me of when Fisher went from guard to tackle to H-back to TE or whatever.  He might not have been good to begin with but he never had a chance.

Typically switching positions at the NFL level is a huge red flag doesn't work out for the player, I remember the kid from Michigan, last name was Peppers and he got drafted by the Giants, he was playing all over the field in college and got to the NFL and tried to do the same...did work out, I think he ended up settling in at safety, at some point a player has to settle on one position at rock out. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Typically switching positions at the NFL level is a huge red flag doesn't work out for the player, I remember the kid from Michigan, last name was Peppers and he got drafted by the Giants, he was playing all over the field in college and got to the NFL and tried to do the same...did work out, I think he ended up settling in at safety, at some point a player has to settle on one position at rock out. 

It's also a good sign to have players

that are flexible enough to play more than one role 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

And it's all patchwork and smoke and mirrors until they figure out the Oline. MAYBE they might get a RT that can be like Willie Anderson was in the running game, that changes the conversation. Until then or until they get some guards that can pull like Stienbach did, it's going to continue to be smoke and mirrors. Having Joe work on getting under center.....which they were doing before he got hurt last year.... would do wonders for not just the running game, but for protecting Joe. We don't have to make it the primary offense but we do need to do it alot more.

And that is fair, and I think that’s the next progression in the offense. The Chiefs run 12, the Bills run 12, and the Ravens run a ton of 12. The NFL is starting to see that shift and the Bengals are lagging behind, but they are still looking at the tight ends that could give them the edge to run 12.  12 gives you seven guys on the line and the ability to double up both interior and edge as well as getting big athletic guys to the second level.

Problem right now is they signed a tight end that has played 90% of his snaps split out and another tight end who doesn’t pose much of a receiving threat. It looks like another year of 11. They’ve done well enough with it, but you’re absolutely right. ADOT has fallen each year since they’ve signed Jamarr. They either get a slot who can burn that middle seam of T2 or they start running it more efficiently.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, New Jersey Bengal said:

Supposedly squealers and Boyd have mutual interest anyone but those dickbags

This should be expected and it’s going to suck. I think I’d rather see the Bengals overpay just on principle.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Battle and Stone should start

Hill backup to them plus snaps at slot.

Keeps all fresh .

thats all well and good, but its a physical sport what do you do when one of them goes down,  it would not hurt to have Bell (a player that produced in this system) as a back up,  of course we dont break the bank on him and make it clear his job is to mentor and back up the safeties . 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

thats all well and good, but its a physical sport what do you do when one of them goes down,  it would not hurt to have Bell (a player that produced in this system) as a back up,  of course we dont break the bank on him and make it clear his job is to mentor and back up the safeties . 

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

and you wasted time reading it...so what's your point? You didn't actually refute anything I posted you just made bitchy remark, sounds about right for you.

I do appreciate you acknowledging that your post was absolute nonsense. Thanks Smoov! 

Pls be my friend 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

"He might not have been good."

Correct ..

Yeah…anchored an offensive line for perennial powerhouse Oregon 2012-2014. Protected Marriota. Was routinely projected into the first round. 

Yeah…guy just sucked really bad.