2 hours ago, JC said:

Sheldon is another 3T. DJ is still in play. Might just mean Murphy/Newton are no longer in play.

Probably takes us out of play for Fuller but maybe in play for Q.Mitchell in the draft.

Yes..

Members here seem to like the play of DeJean with hopes he may fall to them which would be excellent..

Then T. Sweat in Rd 2 cuz I like him

alot..😎

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Members here seem to like the lay of DeJean

If the Bengals don't sign any CB in free agency, the "Great White Hype" becomes a very real possibility at 18. 

Which is fantastic, because he's going to be a baller. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

After the. Weds signed Jonah they cut DJ Humphries. Of interest? Coming off an ACL injury and was an All Pro in 2021. 

Doubt it.

Word is Humphries won't be ready until midway thru the season.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JC said:

And that is fair, and I think that’s the next progression in the offense. The Chiefs run 12, the Bills run 12, and the Ravens run a ton of 12. The NFL is starting to see that shift and the Bengals are lagging behind, but they are still looking at the tight ends that could give them the edge to run 12.  12 gives you seven guys on the line and the ability to double up both interior and edge as well as getting big athletic guys to the second level.

Problem right now is they signed a tight end that has played 90% of his snaps split out and another tight end who doesn’t pose much of a receiving threat. It looks like another year of 11. They’ve done well enough with it, but you’re absolutely right. ADOT has fallen each year since they’ve signed Jamarr. They either get a slot who can burn that middle seam of T2 or they start running it more efficiently.

I'm not arguing for running 12 personal, 11 is fine amd subbing the TEs based on the package. 11 is fine just run under center more. I'm not sure our linemen are good enough to run shotgun and not get Joe killed. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Jefferson can catch X amount of passes to be sure but

if our interior is leaking teams will run to keep JB off the field more so.

It was like a floodgate after Readers loss.

And here I thought that RB’s are only good for blocking? 

Sometbing I read somewhere. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

I'm sure Lou "the Alchemist" Anarumo will make something happen with Hill's skill set. I just hope he gets to settle in on position and master it for his long term development, moving around and playing different positions sounds cool but it doesn't help you specialize on one role. Dime or Nickel corner/safety.... whatever..he just needs to be on the field. 

As much as those guys move around to disguise coverage I'd bet there's a lot of overlap in responsibility.  Just needs snaps like any young DB, IDK if it matters so much where he's lined up beyond taking advantage of his strengths.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Griever said:

Screenshot_20240313-223955.png

Yes just take care of the 2 biggest glaring holes that are also by far the most difficult to fill and they'll be golden. Or write off another season to growing pains when rookies predictably play like rookies.

Kind of silly arguing about the quality of the free agent market when they don't currently have a starter at RT or NT.  I'm cool with them taking their time but they're going to have to bring in a couple of vets.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

Now I realize why we didn't get Eluemunor even though he wanted to be here ... Because the financial terrorist Mulugheta is his agent! 💩 

IMG_20240314_025752.jpg

Calvin Ridley..92 mil..

Unbelievable..

• Upvote 3

Heading into day 4

QB: I assume still they don't really target anyone. Logan Woodside makes sense down the road. 

RB: Probably done. CEH has some momentum from fans I just think he sort of sucks at sports. Maybe Ty Johnson but I doubt they do that. 

WR: Higgins here long term. Surprised they haven't re-signed Irwin. Jones will likely get a real chance at the slot. The slot free agent list is long and distinguished. This is a scenario where they really should sign someone for at around league minimum: Samuel, Harty, Scott Miller, Jamal Agnew, Quez Watkins, Braxton Berrios, Paris Campbell, Renfrow. Too much sense not to sign someone and hedge for Jones. 

TE: They don't have a complete guy yet but I don't think that guy is in free agency at this point. Deeper dive for the draft needed. I bet Hudson is back. 

OL: Becton visits today and should sign. He is a huge guy and a huge risk but we almost certainly draft a T round 1. Trent Brown also available. Nijman also available. 

There are a couple of guys out there still with high upside. Connor Williams, Dalton Risner, At some point if they have no market....Risner was coached just last year by our new passing game coordinator. 

We need interior depth. Scharping is probably back but we also have connections to Schlottman, Allen, McGovern, Elfein,

DL: It really feels like Reader is going to the Lions and then we sign Teiar Tart. 

DE: Wouldn't surprise me if we added Carl Lawson or Ogbah on league minimum deals. Both have ties to our staff. 

LB: Bachie and Bailey both still available. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they walked. Essentially they are 3rd string now. If they have no suitors they are back. 

S: I think we are tapped out here. 

CB: The list is too long. They will likely sign someone who you could see starting. If the money isn't used for Reader they might just go after Fuller. 

• Upvote 1