Tee Higgins requests a trade !

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals might want to consider boycotting all players represented by world class shitbag agent David Mulugheta (left) in the future. 

IMG_20240311_151637.jpg

Can't both left and right be shit bags?

• Upvote 1

I'm not surprised and I'm sure some of that is agent-driven. I"m sure he and his camp are frustrated; I would be, too. I see this as part of negotiations... he's not the first franchised player to express frustration and demand a trade. 

But the Bengals have leverage; the franchise tag was there for them to use, and it was signed off on by the union that represents Tee and every other NFL player. Bottom line, there's no way that Tee is not gonna play for $21 mil this year... and if they don't get a long-term deal done, I'd consider franchising him again, and also consider a tag and trade. 

I love Tee and hope he signs a long-term deal. While I don't discount his unhappiness, come September, I expect he'll be playing, and it's in his best interest to have a great year to position himself for greater $ and options going forward. 

• Upvote 1

hi-res-96d3897cb0de0d1d05bbe43a4166ebc3_crop_north.jpg

Mike: "David, did you forget who the fuck I am? Do I look like some weak ass bitch owning the Broncos? I do not budge. Your client will report to work or I will fine him $20,000 every day and purposefully keep cap space to franchise him 3 years in a row. Nobody rat fucks me! Ask that whiny cunt Carson what happens when you wrestle with the Lumina Grizzly. (hangs up)"

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Gonna take a 1st or a high 2nd to get the Bengals to trade him otherwise he plays on the tag.

I agree, Bengals will likely hold their ground. Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if they end up double tagging just so 9, 1, and 5 get two cracks at it

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Griever said:

I agree, Bengals will likely hold their ground. Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised if they end up double tagging just so 9, 1, and 5 get two cracks at it

Double tagging is a possibility but man that usually ends badly when teams do that.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

There is no way there haven't been contract talks. The national media never knows anything because Bengals don't talk. 

The Bengals make it standard practice to not negotiate during the season.  There probably have not been talks from March till the end of the season, but I would be surprised if they had not talked since the season ended.

I think it is personal between Mulugheta and the Bengals after the Jessie Bates situation.

Tee is not served well by having an agent that is more worried about getting a flashy headline contract number, than securing his client's financial future. 

I'm sure the Bengals would give 20 a year for 4 years (which is fair). But his agent likely wants an unreasonable 30 (which Tee is not worth). 

• Like 1

This is not a surprise.

He wasn't in their future plans.

I mentioned a while ago that if he wasn't signed last year, the Bengals weren't resigning him.

Someone will pay him WR1 money, but not the Bengals.

My bet is, the Titans, Panthers, or Bears, in that order.

• Upvote 1

That's all fine and stuff for him to request a trade - but it depends on what offers they get. I would expect at a minimum a first round pick plus another higher end pick at some point.

1 minute ago, BlackJesus said:

I think it is personal between Mulugheta and the Bengals after the Jessie Bates situation.

Tee is not served well by having an agent that is more worried about getting a flashy headline contract number, than securing his client's financial future. 

I'm sure the Bengals would give 20 a year for 4 years (which is fair). But his agent likely wants an unreasonable 30 (which Tee is not worth). 

It's the 2nd year guarantees that the Bengals don't do. 

Personally I think it's stupid as guaranteeing into a 2nd year for a player you aren't going to cut if he has a down year or gets hurt in the 1st year of the new contract isnt going to hurt you to just extend the guarantee into year 2. This stuff is hurting the Bengals by not being able to keep good players. 

This is on them imho

But we all know they wont budge on how they do business. 

They probably don’t have the extra liquid cash to put into escrow. Once you do it for one non-QB, the rest are going to start coming for it.!

Jamarr will be the first real test.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JC said:

They probably don’t have the extra liquid cash to put into escrow. Once you do it for one non-QB, the rest are going to start coming for it.!

Jamarr will be the first real test.

At one point they were trying to change that. I don't know if they did

3 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

we all know they wont budge on how they do business. 

... Bengals are the most cap healthy team in the league every year. Hard to argue with how they manage their finances. 💯

• Upvote 2