Tee Higgins requests a trade !

I saw someone suggested the Bengals trade Tee to the Giants for Dexter Lawrence.

It would make sense for both teams. 

Edit: probably too much dead money for the Giants to trade Lawrence. He signed a big extension before last year. Even if traded after June 1, it would be costly for the Gents.

15 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Kay shut him up.

She's right and if they ever get Jefferson   Lord look out .

Smart woman she is 

Wait, she was talking?  All I saw was my future daughter in law. 

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Kay shut him up.

She's right and if they ever get Jefferson   Lord look out .

Smart woman she is 

she sure did... so good.

I loved her on Good Morning Football on the NFL Network.. What isn't to like about a smart hottie Bengals fan? 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Cricket said:

…or was that your son’s future mother-in-law?  😎

Mrs. SF2 might have a problem with that.  So would my retirement fund. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If it’s not a 1st AND another pick, take a hike. Bengals benefit more by having Tee out there playing for them versus giving him up for a day 2 pick who is anything but a sure thing. Tee is a sure thing and I’d rather have him play this year (and maybe next as well) on the tag and get nothing in return down the road then give him up for a day 2 pick. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, IKOTA said:

If it’s not a 1st AND another pick, take a hike. Bengals benefit more by having Tee out there playing for them versus giving him up for a day 2 pick who is anything but a sure thing. Tee is a sure thing and I’d rather have him play this year (and maybe next as well) on the tag and get nothing in return down the road then give him up for a day 2 pick. 

The draft is loaded with WRs, both top end and depth wise. The Bengals aren't going to get a 1st for Higgins, much less another pick. They could have gotten that last spring when Higgins still had a year left on his rookie contract and the WR draft class wasn't particularly strong. That opportunity has now passed them by.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, dex said:

The draft is loaded with WRs, both top end and depth wise. The Bengals aren't going to get a 1st for Higgins, much less another pick. They could have gotten that last spring when Higgins still had a year left on his rookie contract and the WR draft class wasn't particularly strong. That opportunity has now passed them by.

Getting NEs 2nd is a start in the right direction for trades.

Your right that no team will give a 1 for him unless it's late 1st Rd.

• Upvote 1

I'd trade Tee for NE's 2nd rounder. They have lots of cap room to pay him and we can get a good player, not necessarily a WR at that pick. If AD Mitchell was still available there, then he'd be the pick. Or maybe we take Brian Thomas at 18 and come back for a tackle at 34. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

I'd trade Tee for NE's 2nd rounder. They have lots of cap room to pay him and we can get a good player, not necessarily a WR at that pick. If AD Mitchell was still available there, then he'd be the pick. Or maybe we take Brian Thomas at 18 and come back for a tackle at 34. 

Wondering if his value might go up the closer they wait until the trade deadline on Halloween.  Fine with holding out for a relevant pick next year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I just don't see a WR in the 1st unless it's Odunze.

He won't be there

Upgrade our lines.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... Bengals are on record as liking Nabers the best. But he might go top 7. 

Agree.

I mentioned he's in the Chase mold.

Wouldn't surprise if the Giants or Chargers took him..

Both need more aerial weapons .

I'm still riding with all our receivers right now.

They drafted and signed them to perform and better the team.

Let them do that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I mentioned he's in the Chase mold.

He’s really not. 
Chase is a WR in a RBs body. There’s no one like him in the NFL. 

Nabers is basically Jaylen Waddle. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He’s really not. 
Chase is a WR in a RBs body. There’s no one like him in the NFL. 

Nabers is basically Jaylen Waddle. 

Both 6'0" 200 lbs.

They may specialize in different routes on the tree..

Maybe Nabors is like you say as a slot.

• Upvote 1

Bengals should only trade Tee if, and only if, they are this >< close to signing a free agent or two and need the cap space. Otherwise, keep him and pay him the tag money. He's got more value than mere draft picks.

I really want to see Tee, Chase, Gesicki, Hudson and one of the other receivers on the field at the same time. How do you defend against that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I wouldn't trade our first round pick in addition to Tee to get up high enough to take MHJ or Nabers. They'd be upgrades on Tee but we have enough needs on the lines that we need pick 18. Since we signed Brown, I don't think we absolutely have to take a tackle in round 1, so we could consider a WR, DT, or CB in addition to RT. But Brown is only signed for 1 season and has a long injury history. We can't count on him to play every game and none of us want Carman or Ford out there as Burrow's protection. 

• Upvote 1