Patriots Cheating?

FloridaBengal

From our friends at PFT:

[quote]POSTED 4:05 p.m. EDT, September 11, 2007

BELICHICK SUMMONED TO NEW YORK?

WVCB in Boston reports that Pats coach Bill Belichick has been summoned to New York by Commissioner Roger Goodell to answer questions regarding allegations that the Patriots were stealing defensive signals on Sunday against the Jets.

WEEI in Boston reports that the Patriots deny the WVCB report.

Either way, this issue is generating all sorts of buzz in league and media circles. Though it could be driven by the perception that the Patriots are the top organization in the league and the other 31 franchises would love to seem them take a fall, there's just too much smoke on this one to disregard it.

Still, we doubt that the Pats are the only team stealing signals, if the final decision is that they are or have been. Multiple readers have told us that the Eagles were taking great pains to shield their own defensive signals from prying eyes against the Packers, which suggests that this could be a fairly common thing.[/quote]

[quote name='GoBengals' post='545235' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:50 PM']if its proven it happened more than once, they should lose a draft pick for each game they can prove it happened, starting with 1st round pick... that would put a REAL quick stop to this shit around the league... 7 cheats = no draft at all.[/quote]

wouldn't surprise me if they lose a draft pick, as well as some kind of small fine/suspension.

Granted, I wouldn't be surprised if they barely get a slap on the wrist.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='545248' date='Sep 11 2007, 07:00 PM']How many times will this be mentioned on the MNF game we have against the pats on Oct 1? My money is on wayyyyy too fucking many, but it won't be as bad as the Mike Vick Show earlier this season.[/quote]

This will be a dead issue (unless there is more to it) in 3 weeks.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='545256' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:07 PM']LaDainian Tomlinson dissed the Pats.

"They actually live by the motto that if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying"[/quote]

He's right.

But he better watch out for Belichick's revenge next Sunday

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='545302' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:00 PM']i dont know if it was mentioned before but sportscenter just said goodell said he believed they were guilty of filming the d coordinators signals and would wait to hear the pats side before doling out a punishment that would probably include a loss of draft pick[color="#FF0000"]s[/color][/quote]

s???

that would be awsome

Archived