Jason Taylor for Chad Johnson

The Miami Herald reports Jason Taylor quietly wants out of Miami. Would you swap him for Chad Johnson? Not sure what either team would give up, but I could envision a straight swap. I believe that Jason could function in either a 3-4 or 4-3 due to his talents, even though they're on the decline a bit.

[quote name='ValleyBengal' post='643054' date='Mar 13 2008, 10:19 AM']The Miami Herald reports Jason Taylor quietly wants out of Miami. Would you swap him for Chad Johnson? Not sure what either team would give up, but I could envision a straight swap. I believe that Jason could function in either a 3-4 or 4-3 due to his talents, even though they're on the decline a bit.[/quote]

Hell no. Chad has a lot more years left than Taylor. It would also be a major cap hit for the Bengals.

Chad is not going anywhere.

Somebody please make it stop!

I guess beat writers get as bored as us fans in the offseason and keep rehashing all the same shit over and over with no merit. Parcells wants to get rid of Taylor b/c obviously the "Nice Guy of the Year" doesn't mean anything as far as winning games. Jason Taylor is on his way out and as someone else said he's more of a name than a player now. As annoying as Chad has been this offseason, there aren't really any options other than keeping him here whether it's against his will or not. CHAD TRADE TALKS NEED TO STOP!!! :0stfu:

Jason Taylor will be 34 in September....
No way Id trade CJ for him.....
You better be damn sure you have a number one reciever in Chad's place before thinking about letting him go.
He's a baby and he gets on people's nerves but he opens things up for other wideouts and his own totals would be hard to replace.

[quote name='claptonrocks' post='643114' date='Mar 13 2008, 12:57 PM']Jason Taylor will be 34 in September....
No way Id trade CJ for him.....
You better be damn sure you have a number one reciever in Chad's place before thinking about letting him go.
He's a baby and he gets on people's nerves but he opens things up for other wideouts and his own totals would be hard to replace.[/quote]

Absolutely true ,Clapton. 1400 yds and double teams are almost impossible to replace.Of course,a 7-9 record needs to be improved which was the result of Chad's achievements.Chad is at his peak.Trade him and upgrade the overall team play.

[quote name='Patmo' post='643119' date='Mar 13 2008, 02:06 PM']Absolutely true ,Clapton. 1400 yds and double teams are almost impossible to replace.Of course,a 7-9 record needs to be improved which was the result of Chad's achievements.Chad is at his peak.Trade him and upgrade the overall team play.[/quote]

how does sabotaging the offense improve the overall team play?

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='643121' date='Mar 13 2008, 01:15 PM']how does sabotaging the offense improve the overall team play?[/quote]

Depends on the replacements.If you use Chad to upgrade the defense it's more than a push if you get a productive WR.

[quote name='Patmo' post='643122' date='Mar 13 2008, 02:22 PM']Depends on the replacements.If you use Chad to upgrade the defense it's more than a push if you get a productive WR.[/quote]

and where might this said WR be coming from? A draft pick isn't going to do it right off the bat.

[quote name='ValleyBengal' post='643054' date='Mar 13 2008, 10:19 AM']The Miami Herald reports Jason Taylor quietly wants out of Miami. Would you swap him for Chad Johnson? Not sure what either team would give up, but I could envision a straight swap. I believe that Jason could function in either a 3-4 or 4-3 due to his talents, even though they're on the decline a bit.[/quote]

Aging, just above average player for a top 5 receiver -------- straight up? Never.

Who will play wide out for this team? Ch has never proved he is an every down player and if Chad leaves everyone will find out that Tj is one hell of a #2 but lacks the speed of a #1.

Holt/Chatman --------- maybe Holt without the kickoff duties but he has not been productive enough to rely on him.

not a chance in hell...

No way. But maybe trade Chad for Tory Holt, I heard that was an option. :ninja:

Archived