[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='751219' date='Mar 1 2009, 09:06 AM']With Shitna and Shitspatrick out of play, who do you think we are going to target? Of the QB's out there id like to see us going after Leftwich.[/quote]
The only name I've heard mentioned is Patrick Ramsey. Aside from him, we could potentially see the return of Radio.

[quote name='Draftman' post='751225' date='Mar 1 2009, 09:20 AM']Give me Dan Orlovsky formerly of the Detroit Lions. Right size and Arm to be a great backup to Carson.[/quote]
I'm not a fan, but he does have starting experience, and after last season, Cincinnati would seem like New England to him.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='751233' date='Mar 1 2009, 09:27 AM']I'm thinking it will be one of these three:

Ramsey
Wright
Batch

Don't know if he's on their radar, but I'd like to see what improvements Zampese could get out of Boller.[/quote]
Watch what you say about Boller 1181. I was scorned for a day for mentioning him as my #1 choice. Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else show interest in him.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='751235' date='Mar 1 2009, 10:28 AM']Watch what you say about Boller 1181. I was scorned for a day for mentioning him as my #1 choice. Anyway, I'm glad to see someone else show interest in him.[/quote]

he's got the arm strengh and he's got the experience. Give him a real QB coach and real WR's and see what he does.

From what i'm hearing were gonna end up with one of these three

Ryan Fitpatrick for our 6th round pick
Jay Cutler for our 2nd round pick
or Kige Ramsey as a UFA.

Be on the lookout for these within the 48 hours.

We should look for someone who could run the same plays as Carson. That means a strong arm. He might have to take most of the training camp snaps but won't get many practice snaps inseason, so he should have some starting experience. Boller would qualify. So would Patrick Ramsey or JP Losman. Hell Grossman might qualify though there are a lot of others I'd rather have.

[quote name='sparky151' post='751282' date='Mar 1 2009, 11:35 AM']We should look for someone who could run the same plays as Carson. That means a strong arm. He might have to take most of the training camp snaps but won't get many practice snaps inseason, so he should have some starting experience. Boller would qualify. So would Patrick Ramsey or JP Losman. Hell Grossman might qualify though there are a lot of others I'd rather have.[/quote]

Those would be the 4 I'd consider, too. I know Brat's got some connection to Ramsey, and he and the other 3 are all former #1 picks with some starting experience and strong arms.

[quote name='texbengal' post='751285' date='Mar 1 2009, 12:45 PM']Those would be the 4 I'd consider, too. I know Brat's got some connection to Ramsey, and he and the other 3 are all former #1 picks with some starting experience and strong arms.[/quote]

Those are the 4 that should be considered. And Carson and Zampese should be the 2 to pick it.

honestly.. if i have to watch a shitty qb.. id enjoy it being palmer II, atleast there is some interest there.. but im cool with a ramsey type guy.. i kinda want wright back.. he seemed like the only one who could manage to not lose a game if needed.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='751387' date='Mar 1 2009, 05:37 PM']Hobson recently said that it would take a long time to figure out the backup QB spot. I think that's a shame. QB seems to be the position where you want to get someone very early so that they can learn the system and start working with the starter.[/quote]
I think it is b/c its hard to find a guy who is willing to sit behind carson. Most if not all of these guys have dreams and want to start and are not going to sign until they know there is no team out there who will give them that chance. Its why Fitz went to the Bills, Edwards has been hurt alot, at least once a year so he figures he has a better shot there than here

[quote name='JC' post='751247' date='Mar 1 2009, 03:37 PM']From what i'm hearing were gonna end up with one of these three

Ryan Fitpatrick for our 6th round pick[/quote]

Give up our 6th round pick for a QB we decided not to resign?

Mmmm sensible. Let me know if you hear any other earth shattering tidbits like trading our first for Andrews or something.

Archived