Rep. Tom Price is a gigantic ass

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='07 November 2009 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1257649804' post='823757']
Good for him. I can't believe anyone is for pushing this 2000 page monstrosity of gobbledygook through.
[/quote]

I object.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='08 November 2009 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1257656915' post='823770']
Anyone who's happy about that isn't paying attention.
[/quote]

I object.

Parliamentary inquiry.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='08 November 2009 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1257656915' post='823770']
Anyone who's happy about that isn't paying attention.
[/quote]
Agreed, Backer. [url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-stranahan/kucinichs-brave-health-vo_b_349857.html"]Though I suspect from a different shade of the spectrum.[/url]

[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='08 November 2009 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1257729302' post='824753']
Agreed, Backer. [url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lee-stranahan/kucinichs-brave-health-vo_b_349857.html"]Though I suspect from a different shade of the spectrum.[/url]
[/quote]

Yup. Different shade.

More than any of the other multitude of reasons I don't like this, it looks to me like a major step toward Totalitarianism.

I honestly believe that some of you obviously intelligent people are stuck in the game of "defending your side". At all costs.

We're swirling down a shithole in case you haven't noticed. Some of you seem to be smiling and waving as we go down. I may not be able to save myself, or anyone else as we're being flushed, but I sure as hell ain't gonna be happy about it.

We are giving government control of every aspect of our lives. Classify that 'ism' however you like, but whatever it is, it isn't freedom.

Well... the dude on the video is an idiot because he's playing out of the book the democrats always used... object to any movement or change but don't offer legitimate alternatives...

Jamie - anymore I'm just going to call you the Obama apologist... because it appears as though no matter what happens you wouldn't admit to having made a mistake voting for him no matter what.

Folks... At least acknowledge that they're all shady as hell and you're best interests aren't #1 on their agenda.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='09 November 2009 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1257771992' post='824892']
Well... the dude on the video is an idiot because he's playing out of the book the democrats always used... object to any movement or change but don't offer legitimate alternatives...

Jamie - anymore I'm just going to call you the Obama apologist... because it appears as though no matter what happens you wouldn't admit to having made a mistake voting for him no matter what.

Folks... At least acknowledge that they're all shady as hell and you're best interests aren't #1 on their agenda.
[/quote]

The choice was between McCain and Obama. It was an easy choice. That doesnt mean I agree with everything he has done, but it does mean he was and is still a hell of a lot better than John "Keeting Five, but Phil Graham doesnt speak for me even though I believe the same deregulation ideas he does" McCain.

Spare me.

[quote name='Bunghole' date='09 November 2009 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1257782630' post='824978']
I've got ten fingers, and at least eight of them are plugging holes in the dike right now, and I've got two to spare.
[/quote]
[img]http://images.politico.com/global/070530_rosie.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='09 November 2009 - 11:47 AM' timestamp='1257781669' post='824968']
The choice was between McCain and Obama. It was an easy choice. That doesnt mean I agree with everything he has done, but it does mean he was and is still a hell of a lot better than John "Keeting Five, but Phil Graham doesnt speak for me even though I believe the same deregulation ideas he does" McCain.

Spare me.
[/quote]

Spare you????

Both of those two were, and still are, a joke...

Yet, I've not seen you critical of this current administration yet. Maybe you have been - but I've not seen it. Everything I see get thrown up here you've got a witty retort that defends the current administration...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='09 November 2009 - 02:30 PM' timestamp='1257791438' post='825047']
Spare you????

Both of those two were, and still are, a joke...

Yet, I've not seen you critical of this current administration yet. Maybe you have been - but I've not seen it. Everything I see get thrown up here you've got a witty retort that defends the current administration...
[/quote]

Well then hell, I should not have participated in the electoral process and done my civic duty at all, maybe then Obama wouldnt have won, oh wait...that means McCain might have.

Who did you vote for Vol?

Now as to being critical, you must have missed where I was critical of the closeness of Obama to the banks, that I dont like Geitherner or Summers, and am pissed that Obama wants to close GITMO (which I am for) but set up other things (which the technical term is escaping me at the moment), and that I think Hilary is just as big a neo-con as the past admin was.

So again, am I happy with everything he has done? NO!!

But lets take a step into the other dimention where McCain (your lesser evil) would have won.

Phil Graham is now treasury secretary... the man responsible (along with Clinton by signing it) for some of the biggest deregulation problems in our history as a country now has the keys to the castle.

There was not one inch of fiber in my being that was going to not vote for Obama and let that happen. Not one.

So yes, spare me the "Don't blame me I voted for the other guy?" stuff.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='09 November 2009 - 06:20 AM' timestamp='1257762042' post='824875']
Yup. Different shade.

More than any of the other multitude of reasons I don't like this, it looks to me like a major step toward Totalitarianism.

I honestly believe that some of you obviously intelligent people are stuck in the game of "defending your side". At all costs.

We're swirling down a shithole in case you haven't noticed. Some of you seem to be smiling and waving as we go down. I may not be able to save myself, or anyone else as we're being flushed, but I sure as hell ain't gonna be happy about it.

We are giving government control of every aspect of our lives. Classify that 'ism' however you like, but whatever it is, it isn't freedom.
[/quote]

:good:

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='09 November 2009 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1257796400' post='825114']
Well then hell, I should not have participated in the electoral process and done my civic duty at all, maybe then Obama wouldnt have won, oh wait...that means McCain might have.

Now as to being critical, you must have missed where I was critical of the closeness of Obama to the banks, that I dont like Geitherner or Summers, and am pissed that Obama wants to close GITMO (which I am for) but set up other things (which the technical term is escaping me at the moment), and that I think Hilary is just as big a neo-con as the past admin was.

But lets take a step into the other dimention where McCain (your lesser evil) would have won.

Phil Graham is now treasury secretary... the man responsible (along with Clinton by signing it) for some of the biggest deregulation problems in our history as a country now has the keys to the castle.

There was not one inch of fiber in my being that was going to not vote for Obama and let that happen. Not one.

[/quote]

People laughed at me when I voted for Bob Barr.......are they still laughing?

I will say this again....

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.....

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='09 November 2009 - 02:12 PM' timestamp='1257801157' post='825161']

[b]Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.....[/b]
[/quote]

^^This

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='09 November 2009 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1257801157' post='825161']

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.....
[/quote]

and yet you gave me crap for considering Paul in the primaries.

Voting for someone that has no chance only lets the worst of the two evils win.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='09 November 2009 - 05:41 PM' timestamp='1257802873' post='825174']
and yet you gave me crap for considering Paul in the primaries.

Voting for someone that has no chance only lets the worst of the two evils win.
[/quote]

In hindsight, I wish I would have considered Ron Paul more seriously.....

OMG this country needs a more viable third party...

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='09 November 2009 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1257796400' post='825114']

[/quote]

Jamie, you for once in your life (:ninja:), expressed eloquence. I completely agree.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' date='09 November 2009 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1257804357' post='825186']
In hindsight, I wish I would have considered Ron Paul more seriously.....

OMG this country needs a more viable third party...
[/quote]

Completely agree, but it's not likely to happen.

[quote name='CincyInDC' date='09 November 2009 - 07:11 PM' timestamp='1257808296' post='825198']
[color="#FF0000"]Jamie, you for once in your life (:ninja:), expressed eloquence.[/color] I completely agree.
[/quote]

Better bookmark that, because it's few and far between. :lol:

Archived