i really hope we dont have jeff reed next year, but i could see it happening too...

[quote name='sois' date='09 January 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1263087244' post='854945']
Dude, it's just a game. I'm just as sad as everyone else here. Have you never made a mistake at your job? If you forget to put the fries in the customers bag, do they come back and rip your head off? You suck.
[/quote]
when did this board become so afraid to insult players? when was the last time you guys sat in the stands of a football game? insulting players is part of the territory... you think any of them give a shit? i was pissed when i said that about shane, but im not stupid, i know that even if she passed the message on, hed just laugh about it, not care, and go back to being rich... this stuff doesnt matter to him, the only reason hes even upset is because he knows his career is probably over... no ones going to take a chance on an old washed up kicker who has shown to be mike vanderjagt in the clutch

[quote name='DontPushMe' date='09 January 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1263087434' post='854954']
the question im still not seeing answered, is why is it a deletable offense to tell someone to call their brother a pussy, but the laundry list of insults thrown at myself and whoever else mentioned sis's username is ok?

my guess is, you guys think its so cool that a relative of a washed up kicker on your local football team posts here, that you dont want anything to upset her to the point of not coming here anymore
[/quote]

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Your post/ thread was not deleted. It was merged
with a thread that was made just before your's,
on the same topic. I made a thread too. Mine was
also merged.

There was a post that personally attacked Sis.
IT AND ALL REPLIES TO IT WAS DELETED.

Got it now?

[quote name='DontPushMe' date='09 January 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1263087434' post='854954']
the question im still not seeing answered, is why is it a deletable offense to tell someone to call their brother a pussy,
[/quote]
[b]That wasn't deletable, what I removed was some random troll poster cursing at Sis and insulting her personally - which is an even higher level of being personal because Shayne is her literal brother - not merely a player of a team she roots for. [/b]

never saw the post insulting bengalsis... i have nothing against her, ive been on forums with her for a long time, since before she came to this one... i was just mad about the kick and wished i had the means to let him know... then i calmed down and now i just want to see him get cut

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='09 January 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1263087655' post='854965']
Because when you're being a douchebag you get called on it
[/quote]
and when youre a shitty kicker who cant convert in the clutch you get called on it? or is it only ok to insult posters on here? im just trying to get everything straight, since i really dont post much anymore im kinda out of the loop

seems were heading in the direction where i cant even insult ben roethlisburger

Gentlemen,

I understand everyone's frustration with today's game and missed opportunities. I think we should see some roster moves this year if the organization plans on making a push to the superbowl (open for debate, feel free to prove me wrong, front office). That being said, frustration with the outcome and individual performance is no reason to talk shit to players families that have been welcomed like family on this message board over the past several years. I know I've enjoyed having a player's family member on this message board and hope she remains despite the horseshit attitudes of some folks that will never understand what it means to play football at this level or be in the public eye. Shane has done a lot of good for this team and I know I've appreciated his body of work. Whatever happens during this off-season, should management choose to go a different direction, you have to appreciate what he's done for this team.

DPM, Reproach is not a personal attack but an honest telling of public sentiment. Don't feel attacked, but do consider how what you say affects people. Be responsible for what you say.

That was a terrible game for Shayne tonight no doubt. What was it?
A 28 yarder and a 35 yarder? Can't even recall right now because
I'm so disgusted by it. I'm sure some will want to defend him and
throw out the "He's the 3rd or 4th most accurate Kicker in NFL history".
Big fuckin deal! I think Vanderjagt was #1 when he was run out of the
league. Shayne can join him for all I care. No doubt we can add
Kicker to our offseason needs list. Draft or Free Agency.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='09 January 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1263087722' post='854970']
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Your post/ thread was not deleted. It was merged
with a thread that was made just before your's,
on the same topic. I made a thread too. Mine was
also merged.

There was a post that personally attacked Sis.
IT AND ALL REPLIES TO IT WAS DELETED.

Go it now?
[/quote]
[img]http://assumecrashpositions.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/failure2.jpg[/img]

Careful DPM... don't piss off the man with no eyes!!!

[img]http://www.g21.net/Decgrax/CHLGodfrey.jpg[/img]

[quote name='DontPushMe' date='09 January 2010 - 06:28 PM' timestamp='1263083325' post='854716']
tell your brother he sucks

what a fucking bitch

did anyone actually think hed make that? biggest pussy in the nfl, what a waste of a roster space
[/quote]

See???

Your post telling Sis to tell Shayne he is pussy is still there.

The only difference is it isn't a thread titled to and addressing Sis.

Happy now?

[quote name='oldschooler' date='09 January 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1263088036' post='854981']
See???

Your post telling Sis to tell Shayne he is pussy is still there.

The only difference is it isn't a thread titled to and addressing Sis.

Happy now?
[/quote]
no, my team just lost and im pissed off

how about you?

btw, technically all i told her to tell him is that he sucks... thats not even a personal attack ;)

[quote name='Randle P McMurphy' date='09 January 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1263087998' post='854977']
I'm sure some will want to defend him and throw out the "He's the 3rd or 4th most accurate Kicker in NFL history".[/quote]

I don't think anyone, even Shayne himself will try and defend those misses.

[quote name='DontPushMe' date='09 January 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1263088096' post='854983']

how about you?

btw, technically all i told her to tell him is that he sucks... thats not even a personal attack [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I was too shocked to be pissed.

I went straight from shock to depression.

It was a great season with a horrible THUD of an ending.

With all the shit talking the Jets have done for the
past 2 weeks, I really wanted to beat them. Plus get the
"no playoff wins since 1990" off our back.

Oh well. I just depressed myself more. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/default/suicide_fool-edit.gif[/img]

[url="http://twitter.com/NFLFanHouse"][b][color="#0a0501"]NFLFanHouse[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] Flipped to "Man vs. Wild" for a second. One of Shayne Graham's field goal attempts just buzzed by Bear Grylls in the Dominican Republic.
[url="http://twitter.com/NFLFanHouse/status/7576323833"]38 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/"]TweetDeck[/url]

Sorry, but that is funny.

[url="http://twitter.com/ctrent"][b][color="#0a0501"]ctrent[/color][/b][/url] [url=""] [/url] RT @[url="http://twitter.com/34inXXIII"][color="#0a0501"]34inXXIII[/color][/url]: Did he leave wide left or wide right? @[url="http://twitter.com/ctrent"][color="#0a0501"]ctrent[/color][/url] [url="http://twitter.com/search?q=%23bengals"][color="#0a0501"]#bengals[/color][/url] k (or soon-to-be-former kicker) ducks out before talking to media
[url="http://twitter.com/ctrent/status/7577157640"]10 minutes ago [/url]from [url="http://www.seesmic.com/"]Seesmic[/url]

That's funny too.

Folks - you can be pissed...

But, don't talk shit to BengalSIS - she isn't paid to take it. I'll guarantee she feels as bad, if not worse, than everyone else.

As for Shayne - great percentage kicker... but an NFl kicker less than 40 yards in those situations has to make them. It isn't THE reason - but he hits those two it is 24-20 (given everything else that had gone on...) and we have the ball with north of 3 minutes at the 45 yard line.

I'd like my odds in that situation - especially how well Ced had run.

Couple observations...

Bobbie will be replaced. Draft a left tackle. Also, need to get 5 guys that can pass block adequately. Playing 6-7 (swapping guards) means you don't have true studs on the line. Just like quarterbacks - if you have 2-3, then you don't have one.

Coles needs to be taught how to tuck the ball away... not carry it with two hands away from his body. Cost him a fumble and that incompleted pass on the sideline where he basically used it to slow down his fall.

We'll be getting a new kicker for next season. The fans would scream murder if Graham's still here next year. Just can't pay that kind of money to a guy who has proven to not be "clutch". Don't give me that he's 80% of whatever on a kick that put the Bengals in the lead for good with 9 minutes to play in the game, etc. You make your money when the game has 2-3 minutes left, team is down 8-10, or 2... you need to get them the lead or at least get it to within one score... in this playoff game, two different opportunities... FAIL. Feely hit from 42, penatly, backs them up 10 and he hits it from 52... penalty again so they didn't count but that is money.

Palmer looked like shit. Nice drive to get those field goal tries but he seems to be back pedaling on most passes...

I sometimes don't like Benson's attitude but that guy can flat run it. We should have given him 35 carries (probably would have had we not had the turnovers and had the lead).

I really felt like Coles fumble early just killed us. Great kickoff return, start from their 35-40, I believe, shove it down their throat and put up 7. That is what you want.

2 Turnovers will get you beat in the playoffs...

I'm still pissed. Granted, they did more this year than I anticipated... but I was fired up for this game and it hurts... Once I saw playoffs I just wanted 1 win. That was all. Oh well... think I'll start drinking the beer - drown the hurt away...

[quote name='easternshore Bengal' date='09 January 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1263087546' post='854959']
First ever post, but longtime reader. Thank you mods for bringing some order to this thread..read it earlier and was disgusted.

Thank you Shane for your service as a Bengal. You were an accurate kicker, and also an asset to the community from what I understand. The reality is that it is time to go after tonight, and best wishes on your next stop.

The pricks that call out his sister cause she dares post here are the reason why I choose not to post on internet message boards much, even though I love the information that can be gained on them.

It was a great season with a sad ending....this team making the playoffs was amazing.
[/quote]
x2...very nice 1st post...you should post more.

[quote name='DontPushMe' date='09 January 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1263088096' post='854983']

how about you?

btw, technically all i told her to tell him is that he sucks... thats not even a personal attack ;)
[/quote]
Hey man we're all pissed, but even mentioning BengalSis, and then telling her to tell her brother he's a pussy is classless and a whiney little bitch thing to do. Be mad at Shayne all you want. If you can't see anything wrong with what you posted then I don't know what to tell you. When you're pissed at one of your friends do you always take it out on their sisters?

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='09 January 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1263089679' post='855026']
Folks - you can be pissed...

But, don't talk shit to BengalSIS - she isn't paid to take it. I'll guarantee she feels as bad, if not worse, than everyone else.

As for Shayne - great percentage kicker... but an NFl kicker less than 40 yards in those situations has to make them. It isn't THE reason - but he hits those two it is 24-20 (given everything else that had gone on...) and we have the ball with north of 3 minutes at the 45 yard line.

I'd like my odds in that situation - especially how well Ced had run.

Couple observations...

Bobbie will be replaced. Draft a left tackle. Also, need to get 5 guys that can pass block adequately. Playing 6-7 (swapping guards) means you don't have true studs on the line. Just like quarterbacks - if you have 2-3, then you don't have one.

Coles needs to be taught how to tuck the ball away... not carry it with two hands away from his body. Cost him a fumble and that incompleted pass on the sideline where he basically used it to slow down his fall.

We'll be getting a new kicker for next season. The fans would scream murder if Graham's still here next year. Just can't pay that kind of money to a guy who has proven to not be "clutch". Don't give me that he's 80% of whatever on a kick that put the Bengals in the lead for good with 9 minutes to play in the game, etc. You make your money when the game has 2-3 minutes left, team is down 8-10, or 2... you need to get them the lead or at least get it to within one score... in this playoff game, two different opportunities... FAIL. Feely hit from 42, penatly, backs them up 10 and he hits it from 52... penalty again so they didn't count but that is money.

Palmer looked like shit. Nice drive to get those field goal tries but he seems to be back pedaling on most passes...

I sometimes don't like Benson's attitude but that guy can flat run it. We should have given him 35 carries (probably would have had we not had the turnovers and had the lead).

I really felt like Coles fumble early just killed us. Great kickoff return, start from their 35-40, I believe, shove it down their throat and put up 7. That is what you want.

2 Turnovers will get you beat in the playoffs...

I'm still pissed. Granted, they did more this year than I anticipated... but I was fired up for this game and it hurts... Once I saw playoffs I just wanted 1 win. That was all. Oh well... think I'll start drinking the beer - drown the hurt away...
[/quote]

Coles needs to be FUCKING taught to tuck the ball after 9 years in the NFL? Are you fucking kidding me? Graham made himself look like a JOKE, and Carson looked like Roethlisberger in his first year, minus the success.

^^^ trust me, there are very few things id rather admit than this, but carson palmer is no ben roethlisburger... ugh i need a shower

[quote name='esjbh2' date='09 January 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1263089861' post='855034']
x2...very nice 1st post...you should post more.

Hey man we're all pissed, but even mentioning BengalSis, and then telling her to tell her brother he's a pussy is classless and a whiney little bitch thing to do. Be mad at Shayne all you want. If you can't see anything wrong with what you posted then I don't know what to tell you. When you're pissed at one of your friends do you always take it out on their sisters?
[/quote]
never meant to take it out on his sister... but lets not make her out like shes helpless... shes a strong grown woman with a family, she couldnt care less about what i think

i just said to tell him he sucks though btw, the pussy comments were just random anger... my post said "tell your brother he sucks"... really dont see a big deal... if someone really did insult her (i didnt see the post that was deleted apparently) it sucks, but i still dont see how its any different than the insults i recieved in this thread

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='09 January 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1263090133' post='855037']
Coles needs to be FUCKING taught to tuck the ball after 9 years in the NFL? Are you fucking kidding me? Graham made himself look like a JOKE, and Carson looked like Roethlisberger in his first year, minus the success.
[/quote]

Dude... take some Rolaids...

I think I mentioned pretty plainly that Graham sucked hind tit, and Palmer looked like shit.

But, last I looked Coles fumbled on the first drive that the Jets recovered... because he was holding it out with both hands instead of high and tight against his body... then the same thing on the pass on the sideline. Same damn thing.

I can't believe you're defending those two plays... there is blame to go around for several players so don't point to Graham and Palmer ONLY.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='09 January 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1263090968' post='855065']
Dude... take some Rolaids...

I think I mentioned pretty plainly that Graham sucked hind tit, and Palmer looked like shit.

But, last I looked Coles fumbled on the first drive that the Jets recovered... because he was holding it out with both hands instead of high and tight against his body... then the same thing on the pass on the sideline. Same damn thing.

I can't believe you're defending those two plays... there is blame to go around for several players so don't point to Graham and Palmer ONLY.
[/quote]

Wow.......

I am not defending Coles...Just saying that after 9 fucking years in the league, he shouldn't need to be taught to tuck the ball. he just sucks ass as a receiver. if he hasn't learned that yet, get rid of him...

[quote name='sois' date='09 January 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1263087244' post='854945']
Dude, it's just a game. I'm just as sad as everyone else here. Have you never made a mistake at your job? If you forget to put the fries in the customers bag, do they come back and rip your head off? You suck.
[/quote]

If I performed the way he did today, I would expect a firm kick in the ass out the door. Unfortunately, working a real job, unlike you douchebags at Fatburger, we understand that and would expect it. Once for me was forgivable, the second, get real. So shove the order of fries right up your ass.

Archived