So, I'm having my first kid

BengalsOwn

Crazy stuff. It was planned, but even still, it is nuts.

To make things even wilder, I've known for a couple of weeks now, and my best friend called me tonight and told me that him and his wife are expecting their first kid on December 17th.

It's amazing how much life can change within a 3 week period.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='14 May 2010 - 12:36 AM' timestamp='1273811792' post='888311']
Crazy stuff. It was planned, but even still, it is nuts.

To make things even wilder, I've known for a couple of weeks now, and my best friend called me tonight and told me that him and his wife are expecting their first kid on December 17th.

It's amazing how much life can change within a 3 week period.
[/quote]

Glad your husband finally got you preg! :locomotive: :ninja: Congrats!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' date='14 May 2010 - 03:27 AM' timestamp='1273822031' post='888327']
Don't you mean a 3 minute period? I know you don't last any longer than that.
MULLY

Super congrats, man!
[/quote]

I am scared to ask...but how do you know?? :smoke:

All kidding aside....Congratulations!

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='14 May 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1273822387' post='888328']
Congratulations.

Your life from here on out is about that child. Be the best Dad you can be.
[/quote]
This.

That just became your most important job... and most enjoyable.

dont listen to all the sleepless stuff... one kid is f'ing CAKE.... unless you're wife/g/f/whatever is all lazy about it..

now if you have a second one.... youre fucked.. youll never have quiet or sleep again..

but one kid is a cakewalk...

its fun and awesome..

enjoy and congrats...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='14 May 2010 - 11:44 AM' timestamp='1273851861' post='888383']
dont listen to all the sleepless stuff... one kid is f'ing CAKE.... unless you're wife/g/f/whatever is all lazy about it..

now if you have a second one.... youre fucked.. youll never have quiet or sleep again..

but one kid is a cakewalk...

its fun and awesome..

enjoy and congrats...
[/quote]

This!

The biggest change is from one to two....

One Kid - I never watched so much football in my life. Really. Just get little one curled up, plop down on the recliner and put on the game.

You get to watch and your wife thinks your such a great caring person.

Multiple kids it changes big time. One kid is a cake walk although you don't really learn that until the 2nd one comes.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='16 May 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1274026424' post='888610']
I was at the ER until 5:30 this morning because of my wife's morning sickness...She just can't stop throwing up. Nurse said she was extremely dehydrated.
[/quote]

wow, thats rough, shes gotta keep hydrated, did they tell her to drink a pedialyte-like drink to help or just liquids in general?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='16 May 2010 - 11:13 AM' timestamp='1274026424' post='888610']
I was at the ER until 5:30 this morning because of my wife's morning sickness...She just can't stop throwing up. Nurse said she was extremely dehydrated.
[/quote]

You might already know this... and hopefully the ER had some good advice for keeping liquids down. Wonder if she can take that anti-nausea syrup? It helps a little, might be worth asking the doc.

My wife got really sick too, she had to eat crackers every morning just so she'd have something to throw up instead of dry heaving. Again, it's not the perfect solution, but it IS better than dry heaving.

Some women have it worse than others, some women don't get sick at all. Either way, it certainly makes our 10 seconds worth of work seem pretty small, eh?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='16 May 2010 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1274026424' post='888610']
[/quote]

That is horrible...

don't know if it'll help or not but when my wife was sick with our 4 the obstetrician prescriber her phenergan.

It says it is for allergy / motion sickness but it eased her morning sickness off. The one side effect is it does make them drowsy - she'd sleep quite a bit when she took it. But, at least she wasn't throwing up!

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='17 May 2010 - 12:13 AM' timestamp='1274026424' post='888610']
[/quote]
You might want to give anti-nausea wristbands a shot. My wife gets carsick/seasick without them, but never has a problem if she's wearing them.

I would never have thought of this, but she just bought a new set, and the packaging recommended them as a possible solution for morning sickness. Surely cheap enough to be worth a shot.

And congrats. :)

[quote name='Cat' date='16 May 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1274033792' post='888616']
Wonder if she can take that anti-nausea syrup? It helps a little, might be worth asking the doc.
[/quote]

We haven't tried any syrup, I'll have her mention it to her doctor.

[quote name='Cat' date='16 May 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1274033792' post='888616']
It certainly makes our 10 seconds worth of work seem pretty small, eh?
[/quote]

That's for sure...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' date='17 May 2010 - 08:28 AM' timestamp='1274099318' post='888700']
That is horrible...

don't know if it'll help or not but when my wife was sick with our 4 the obstetrician prescriber her phenergan.

It says it is for allergy / motion sickness but it eased her morning sickness off. The one side effect is it does make them drowsy - she'd sleep quite a bit when she took it. But, at least she wasn't throwing up!
[/quote]

She started with phenergan, but it didn't work, so they tried zophran, and it doesn't work.

[quote name='Bengal Migration' date='17 May 2010 - 09:32 AM' timestamp='1274103151' post='888715']
You might want to give anti-nausea wristbands a shot. My wife gets carsick/seasick without them, but never has a problem if she's wearing them.

I would never have thought of this, but she just bought a new set, and the packaging recommended them as a possible solution for morning sickness. Surely cheap enough to be worth a shot.

And congrats. :)
[/quote]

I'll have to pick one up. I guess the benefit is that she can't puke it up. I gave her a bonine Friday, but she threw it up 5 minutes later. They gave her a prescription for a suppository :blink: form of phenergan, so that she would be able to keep it down... obviously the wristband is a better alternative...

• 2 months later...
And I forgot to update on the nausea, she was under the care of a home health agency (all we had to do was call them, and they'd do what they needed), which would give her fluids, and they gave her a zophran pump that pumped anti-nausea medication into her 24/7.

It's a lot better now though.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1274155700' post='888896']
I gave her a bonine Friday, but she threw it up 5 minutes later.
[/quote]

Dude, why are you trying to make her do this to you while she's so sick? Oh, and nitpick: you misspelled "boning".

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1281799706' post='905599']
wow, congrats on the girl (until shes like 13 anyway, then good luck with that)
[/quote]

Hahaha.

It was weird, my mind was set on this baby being a boy, so when we were doing the ultra sound, and found out it was a girl, I had to throw every strategy and idea out the window.

I'm looking forward to having a little angelic girl running around though.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1281808749' post='905641']
How did I not see this?

Congrats Own.
[/quote]

Thanks Jamie!

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1281804432' post='905606']
Dude, why are you trying to make her do this to you while she's so sick? Oh, and nitpick: you misspelled "boning".
[/quote]

Trust me, there was no "boning" going on for several weeks...good times good times

Archived