What team should be relocated and where?

Scout200

[quote name='Scout200' timestamp='1292454904' post='951140']
If you had the ability to relocate a NFL team, where would it be and why?

-Scout
[/quote]

Cleveland should relocate to Parma.
Their new uniforms should be bowling shirts,
checked polyester high water pants, white socks and penny loafers.
Helmets replaced with Elmer Fudd hunting caps with the original
fairy logo on the ear flaps.
Team song played at every game, often, will be the Too Fat Polka played
by Stosh and Ski and The Cleveland Symphony polka band.
Cheerleaders should be required to blow dry their leg hair and braid their arm pit hair with ribbons in team colors.
Team cheer will be "You buy me beer, eh?"

Piggsturd should relocate to Fire Island, Key West or the Castro District of San Fransissyco where they will
all fit right in and all will fit right in them, too. Especially Hiney Hole Ward.
Team cheer will be "Go Theelersss" and Mike Tomlin will be replaced by Ru Paul and no one will notice because
they look so much alike. Really.
Rather than drug testing for the team, all players will be required to take a weekly HIV screening and anyone failing to show positive
will be relegated to the practice squad.
Tampex machines will be installed in the locker room. Ben Rothlisbugger will immediately put one up each nostril.
Masingail douch will be made readily available for gargling.

Baltimore will stay where they are, wherever in the Hell that is, however the team will be led onto the field for every home game
by the mummers that march at every Thanksgiving Day parade wearing exotically feathered bustles and playing "I'm Looking Over
a Four Leaf Clover (That I Overlooked Before)" on banjos and kazoos rather than the National Anthem. The fans will join in.

"A bored mind is a terrible thing. To waste."

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1292538989' post='951361']
Plasky said on Around the Horn that 5 stadium designs were debuted in LA this week and said within 2 years a team will be out there.

Mentioned the chargers due to lease problems, Minnesota, and Jacksonville as likely teams
[/quote]

I don't think the Vikings will move out of the Midwest.. I'd have to say, probably the Chargers or Raiders to Los Angeles. Chargers want a new stadium, so a move is probably likely. That way, they won't have to realign divisions.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1293553265' post='954645']
I think Jacksonville. Pro football doesn't seem like that big a draw down there once the novelty of upstart dominate expansion team wore off.

That franchise should have went to Baltimore.
[/quote]

yea, its tough for them, the economy and a poor team for a few years is sinking in a state with 2 other NFL teams already..... no one my age has any childhood memories of that jags, and probably has childhood memories of a different florida team.. converting fans is tough, you would at least need a bordering state to steal fans from, like NY has, 3 teams in NY, all supported quite well, even if they blow..

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1293553265' post='954645']
I think Jacksonville. Pro football doesn't seem like that big a draw down there once the novelty of upstart dominate expansion team wore off.

That franchise should have went to Baltimore.
[/quote]

I agree that it should be Jacksonville, but they actually sold out all of their games this year.

Here's the LA Daily News' take on this from just a few week back (10/26/2010)
Linky: http://www.dailynews.com/sports/ci_16419166
[quote]The NFL would love to return to Los Angeles, but doesn't want to expand beyond its 32 teams right now. That leaves six teams vying for the chance to start over in the City of Angels, or in three teams' cases — the Chargers, Rams and Raiders — making a return engagement.

[img]http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site513/2010/1024/20101024_122828_24-MAP2_500.gif[/img]

[b]SAN DIEGO CHARGERS[/b]
Why they will come: The Chargers have been fighting for a new stadium in vain for more than two decades now, and if the latest downtown proposal doesn't pass they are pretty much out of options. They've already signed a L.A.-based deal with Wasserman Media to market themselves in Los Angeles and Orange County, and with attendance slipping in and the ability to terminate their lease at Qualcomm Stadium each offseason, the Chargers are positioned perfectly to make a run to Los Angeles.

Why they won't come: In case you missed it Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed controversial legislation last week to lift the cap on downtown redevelopment spending in San Diego, clearing a significant hurdle for efforts to build a new stadium for the Chargers. In short, the bill that will allow the city to spend billions more in redevelopment dollars instead of abiding by a cap of $2.9 billion set in 1992, and it will pave the way for the Chargers new downtown stadium.

[b]OAKLAND RAIDERS[/b]
Why they will come: Aside from their Super Bowl season in 2002, the Raiders have been a disaster since moving back to Oakland from Los Angeles in 1994, with attendance waning, the team playing horribly and no real progress being made on a new stadium. And let's face it, owner Al Davis didn't want to leave Los Angeles in the first place, he just couldn't get a viable stadium built. Davis will exhaust his remaining options up north, then bolt back to Los Angeles.

Why they won't come: The NFL will argue the Raiders couldn't make it work when they called Los Angeles home for 12 years, and will push for a different team to get the next shot in the nation's second-biggest market. If the Raiders don't get their new stadium on the site of their current home, they'll move to Santa Clara with the San Francisco 49 ers and share a new venue.

[b]BUFFALO BILLS[/b]
Why they will come: Poor attendance and a bad economy in Buffalo leave the Bills no choice but to look west for a new home.

Why they won't come: Owner Ralph Wilson has vowed not to move the Bills out of Buffalo as long as he's alive — granted he's 92 years old — and Wilson and the NFL are intent on maintain a presence in Western New York and into Canada. The Bills will play three regular season games in Toronto — expanding their brand in the process — and don't be surprised if they play more home games there in the future. Finally, it is very hard to believe New York government allowing a team to leave.

[b]JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS[/b]
Why they will come: Florida might be a hotbed for football, but turns out its more for college ball than the NFL. The Jaguars have been a decent team, but they've never been able to capture the attention of Jacksonville. They gave it a shot, it didn't work like people thought, and now they'll move to Los Angeles and give it a try there.

Why they won't come: The NFL might be against eliminating a team from Florida for the sake of adding one in California. There have actually been some positive signs in terms of season-ticket sales in Jacksonville, and with first-generation Jaguar fans now hitting adulthood and spawning more new fans, it's only a matter of time before the Jags hit their stride in Jacksonville.

[b]MINNESOTA VIKINGS[/b]
Why they will come: The Vikings lease at the outdated Metrodome expires after next season, and unless local government comes together with the team on a financing plan during its January session, the Vikings will be out of options and looking for a new home.

Why they won't come: Just like the OK for the Minnesota Twins new stadium, which came in the 11 th hour, Minnesota government will come together with the Vikings on a new stadium deal in January and the Vikings will remain where they belong.

[b]ST. LOUIS RAMS[/b]
Why they will come: Edward Jones Dome, where the Rams play, opened in 1995 but ranks in the oldest one-third of NFL stadiums, and with a lease that states the Rams must be in the league's upper 25 percent in stadium revenue or they can opt out and a new owner who is adamant about a new stadium, a return of the Rams to Los Angeles is not as crazy as it sounds.

Why they won't come: New owner Stan Kroenke is a Missouri native and accustomed to making things happen. He'll hold the cities feet to the fire, threaten to move the Rams back to Los Angeles and he'll get his new stadium.[/quote]

[quote name='Scout200' timestamp='1292454904' post='951140']
If you had the ability to relocate a NFL team, where would it be and why?

-Scout
[/quote]

[b]The Bengals...to a prison facility.......[/b]

The Bengals have the most overall arrests since 2000 with 31.

Weighed down by too much money and drugs? Bored with slapping women and spitting drinks in their faces? Weary of running down construction workers drunk and high at dawn? Finally out of jail?

Get away and start over at the luxurious Cincinnati Bengals Halfway House and Resort. We’ll be your home away from home, paying you millions of dollars to play a game and bring shame to our organization.

Domestic violence? Drug possession? Gun possession? Murder? No problem. All are welcome, here at lovely Paul Brown stadium.

Well, what are you waiting for? Call Marvin Lewis and book a private workout free of charge!

Have the Bengals ever heard of the draft? The waiver wire? I am all for thinking outside the box when it comes to player acquisitions but even I wouldn’t have thought of going down to the local penitentiary to find my team a corner back. I just don’t get it. It is like Marvin Lewis is trying to create his very own version of the movie “The Longest Yard.”

[quote name='Brownsgold' timestamp='1293895678' post='955518']
[b]The Bengals...to a prison facility.......[/b]

The Bengals have the most overall arrests since 2000 with 31.

Weighed down by too much money and drugs? Bored with slapping women and spitting drinks in their faces? Weary of running down construction workers drunk and high at dawn? Finally out of jail?

Get away and start over at the luxurious Cincinnati Bengals Halfway House and Resort. We’ll be your home away from home, paying you millions of dollars to play a game and bring shame to our organization.

Domestic violence? Drug possession? Gun possession? Murder? No problem. All are welcome, here at lovely Paul Brown stadium.

Well, what are you waiting for? Call Marvin Lewis and book a private workout free of charge!

Have the Bengals ever heard of the draft? The waiver wire? I am all for thinking outside the box when it comes to player acquisitions but even I wouldn’t have thought of going down to the local penitentiary to find my team a corner back. I just don’t get it. It is like Marvin Lewis is trying to create his very own version of the movie “The Longest Yard.”
[/quote]

Keep it in the Trash Talk forum, dumbass...

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1293633856' post='954891']
I agree that it should be Jacksonville, but they actually sold out all of their games this year.
[/quote]

I didn't know if they sold out or not. I know they have crazy low season ticket prices. I think you can go for 30 bucks a game.

I know in the past they had to expand the stadium in order to get the Superbowl, but afterward the NFL allowed them to cover seats to help with blackouts.

The thought of any city, even Pittsburgh or Cleveland, losing it's franchise because LA is lousy football town with a lot of televisions pisses me off. Expand if you absolutely have to, but don't stick it to a city of football fans because LA sucks.

Archived