This thread is for the suggestion and debate of possible OCs. Several names have floated around and i was curious to see not only what people think of Chilly or Ken, but of potential dark horses like Jeremy Bates, Norm Chow, or even some QB coach somewhere with ties to someone with the Bengals who you think would do well at the job.

Float anything: free discussion, no GB bitchfesting. Today is a day for hope!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1296509668' post='966989']
I don't know a lot about him, but I think Jeremy Bates may be a distinct possibility.

I wouldn't mind someone from the Titans either as they run a system similar to what Marvin wants it seems.
[/quote]
I'm a fan of Bates, he has a similar attitude to Marvin and I think he wasnt loose enough for Carroll and thats why he was fired, more so that than actual on the field play calling.

I also like Mike Heimerdinger from the Titans, that thing is a total cluster fuck right now and everyone is looking to get out.

Anything's possible. I just think firing Brat was way outside Mike's comfort zone, and that he'd try to get comfy with the hire. I think they'll interview others, but probably lean toward Zampese.

Who knows though? What a crazy couple of weeks!

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1296509432' post='966988']
I have to believe it's Zampese. He's cheap, knows the system, comes from within the organization, and has family pedigree.
[/quote]

ding!

i agree. and he will run whatever type of offense marvin wants.. and knows the same system and terminology, so it wont be a big change in those areas, which will be good for palmer and co. not drumping a completely new everything in there.. kinda like when the steelers got that new OC, and he had a buncha meetings with ben and changed his offensive calls to terminology that ben liked.. same idea, wont have that change in all things offense.. which is wise in case of cba nightmwares (which seems more unlikely as time passes)

funny though.. ill have to see how many people are dying for zampese and how many were calling for him to be fired cause obviously he sucked since palmer threw picks...

but back to the point.. zampese is the safe bet for sure.. and marvin brought him in with the drafting of palmer in 2003.

huge comfort zone for EVERYONE involved...

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1296512410' post='967012']
Anything's possible. I just think firing Brat was way outside Mike's comfort zone, and that he'd try to get comfy with the hire. I think they'll interview others, but probably lean toward Zampese.

Who knows though? What a crazy couple of weeks!
[/quote]

heck i dunno if they even interview much... probably announce it by weeks end.. or maybe right after the superbowl..

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1296513016' post='967020']
Who cares...........it's not going to be Bratkowski and that alone is enough for me. Hell, they could hire [size="3"][b]Koko the gorilla from the zoo[/b][/size] and the playcalling will be improved.
[/quote]

OMG.... I just blew pop out of my nose!

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1296509164' post='966982']
This thread is for the suggestion and debate of possible OCs. Several names have floated around and i was curious to see not only what people think of Chilly or Ken, but of potential dark horses like Jeremy Bates, Norm Chow, or even some QB coach somewhere with ties to someone with the Bengals who you think would do well at the job.

Float anything: free discussion, no GB bitchfesting. Today is a day for hope!
[/quote]

i suggested bates a few weeks ago after he got shit canned in seattle. i would like to see him get an opportunity as he did pretty well considering the lack of play makers in seattle. at this point, cincinnati seems to have much more talent offensively than seattle. he would have a chance to do pretty well if given the opportunity in cincinnati.

[quote name='Bengalee' timestamp='1296516338' post='967036']
I like Lance's thinking on GB's Tom Clements: http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/tom-clements/bb67e02f-a2b1-4543-83af-00f437249c9f
[/quote]

yeah, i love that thinking, but lance also thinks mike sheppard is a good candidate and you can put me in the camp that has BIG TIME problems with that.

lance just interviewed hobson and he said marvin is going the extra mile in making this decision, interviewing guys both in the college and pro ranks. you have to feel good about that vs. the in house process. i can only hope his final decision is reflective of the effort he's putting into this task. from the way geoff's talking, it would appear marvin will have a major impact on who ends up here. if that's the case, you have to feel good about that.

can somebody help me out here?

I think I remember hearing or reading something about the Bengals wouldn't have been able to coach in the Sr Bowl if the had made any changes to their staff beforehand? I can't find a link anywhere but I could've sworn I saw it somewhere. Anybody have any idea?

[quote name='spicoli-2' timestamp='1296518932' post='967054']
can somebody help me out here?

I think I remember hearing or reading something about the Bengals wouldn't have been able to coach in the Sr Bowl if the had made any changes to their staff beforehand? I can't find a link anywhere but I could've sworn I saw it somewhere. Anybody have any idea?
[/quote]

i remember something about that but can't provide any proof. i'm only weighing in to add that lance just asked hobson about that and hobson said they could have made the change and still coached the sr bowl. now, i don't know if hobson is correct, here...just thought i'd share that with you.

[quote name='Missya15' timestamp='1296520436' post='967060']
Dude your mouth is still wet from sucking his dick. Ever since i joined these forums last year all i hear is u saying mike leach... u got issues. and if its a joke it aint funny...
[/quote]

No less funny than those who pimped Brat as the offensive coord. for the last 10 years... :ninja:

Archived