How did you all become Bengals Fans

Well for me i was a small kid back in 2005 and madden 06 had came out and i knew nothing about football and one of my friends encouraged me to try it and i asked him if there is any cincinnati team on there and he showed me the bengals. I started playing and kept throwing the ball to O which was chad and i was dominating. So i decided to watch them on tv and fell in love and started playing street football with 16-17 year olds when i was 10 and the rest is history

This sounds really stupid, but my brother has an NFL poster with all the teams helmets on them (back before expansion teams) and I told myself that I wanted a team of my own to root for and I wanted to pick the one with the coolest helmet. It was down to the Rams and Bengals. I picked Bengals. Ive been diehard ever since...and possibly regretting that ever sinceeee

My dad tried hard to make me a Cowboys fan but when they fired Landry, I got mad. Boomer Esiason was my favorite player so I joined the Bengals fan club. Started in 1991 for good.

I should have stayed with the Cowboys. Jimmy Johnson ironically is my favorite pro coach ever.

[quote name='ButchWalkerRokks' timestamp='1314050322' post='1019398']
This sounds really stupid, but my brother has an NFL poster with all the teams helmets on them (back before expansion teams) and I told myself that I wanted a team of my own to root for and I wanted to pick the one with the coolest helmet. It was down to the Rams and Bengals. I picked Bengals. Ive been diehard ever since...and possibly regretting that ever sinceeee
[/quote]
da rams arent any better bro,even though they did win a superbowl

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1314050639' post='1019402']
da rams arent any better bro,even though they did win a superbowl
[/quote]

That's like two dudes complaining about their sex lives where both are lonely, old, fat, balding and poor and haven't touched a girl in ages except one boned Zooey Deschanel 10 years ago and the other is a virgin.

One is vastly superiour.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1314050955' post='1019403']

That's like two dudes complaining about their sex lives where both are lonely, old, fat, balding and poor and haven't touched a girl in ages except one boned Zooey Deschanel 10 years ago and the other is a virgin.

One is vastly superiour.
[/quote]

I was about to say exactly the same thing.

[quote name='ButchWalkerRokks' timestamp='1314050322' post='1019398']
[/quote]

The first team I ever rooted for was the Rams in Super Bowl XIV. Even before I became a Bengals fan I didn't like the stealers.

I became a Bengals fan in 1975. I was just changing channels on the TV and came across a Bengals game.
Back then you only had 4 or 5 channels to chose from, if you were lucky.
I just sat and watched the game and was hooked.

My Dad never was much of a sports fan. I actually watched the games so much
that I got him watching them. I went to my first Bengals game with friends.
It was in 1985 against the Steelers and the Bengals won 26-21. The Bengals
kicked the Stealers ass. The Stealers just made it closer at the end.

Never got to to go to a game with my Dad. :(

I was getting married when the Bengals beat the Redskins to clinch a Playoff spot
in 1988. I was in Hawaii for the Playoff game against the Seahawks. The game was
on there at like 7 o'clock in the morning. I made it back to Ohio just in time to watch
them beat the Bills to go to the Super Bowl. Cried when they lost to the 49ers with 34 seconds left.

I also went to the their last Playoff win against the Houston Oilers. That was an
absolutely awesome game. Ickey did the shuffle about 10 feet from me.

Went to quite a few games through the 90's where the stardium was filled with other team's fans.
Worst game I ever went to was against the Colts. It was colder than hell. And nothing was scored
but FGs. I think the Bengals lost 9-6 or 6-3 or something like that.

I tried to get my older kids to be Bengals fans. But one ended up liking the Vikings and the other
the Dolphins. I am still waiting on the DNA test results to come back ...

I really don't know. I know I used to have a black satin jacket with the old style Bengals helmet on it and I wore it everywhere.

My parents weren't really big football fans vs. baseball. We went all the time to Reds games. Never Bengals.

I can remember bits and pieces of the 1981 season, I just remember you'd go to places and people would have these Orange and Black wigs and just crazy acting.

My favorite player then was John Riggins. So that don't add up. I remember being home on a snowday when the Bengals came back and they televised the rally to welcome them back from SB 16. I hated 49ers then.

Followed them since and then 1988 happened and it was 100 times better as I was older and remember so much from that season.

Really don't know.

Moved to Dayton in 1974 from Nawlins before the days of cable TV and ESPN. Dad took me to a couple of games and they were good. They had up and down seasons but it seemed every couple of years they would put it all together. IN the next 8 years they would go to the playoffs 3 times and make it to the Superbowl. That was from 4th to 12th grade for me so hell yeah I loved the Bengals growing up.

I still remember watching that playoff game against the Jets in 82. I was going to school in New York and had to put up with fucking Jets fans for 4 God Awful years. Jets led 23-17 starting the 4th and dropped 21 on us in the last quarter..... AT HOME. Fuck Klecko, Gastineau and Richard fuking Todd.

[quote]I still remember watching that playoff game against the Jets in 82.[/quote]

You want to talk about wasted opportunity? Bengals were damn good in 1982 and I think went out 14-0 in that playoff game. I remember the back that ran all over them.

Archived