Simpson and Collins part of a drug investigation (Collins looks to maybe be in the clear)

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316692703' post='1034772']

Well.. That is likely the official line.. But it's not like he let a friend use his cell phone to go get an eight ball.. It was part of a fairly extensive FBI operation for trafficking. Anyway, my point is that Simpson may not actually miss any time this season, and may not spend long in jail.. The jails are so full they are having trouble keeping real criminals to be too concerned with an NFL player who had shit loads of weed.

If this goes down I would bet Simpson loses the house and spends some time in jail but misses little playing time besides whatever suspension comes down from the commissioner's office.
[/quote]

Oh.. I am not disputing that.. I was just reminding everyone what happened to Lewis in the end...

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1316692703' post='1034772']

Well.. That is likely the official line.. But it's not like he let a friend use his cell phone to go get an eight ball.. It was part of a fairly extensive FBI operation for trafficking. Anyway, my point is that Simpson may not actually miss any time this season, and may not spend long in jail.. The jails are so full they are having trouble keeping real criminals to be too concerned with an NFL player who had shit loads of weed.

If this goes down I would bet Simpson loses the house and spends some time in jail but misses little playing time besides whatever suspension comes down from the commissioner's office.
[/quote]

He'll probably lose a LOT of playing time--you know GODell will suspend him for 4 - 8 games.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1316693067' post='1034777']

the article does apparently say its Simpson's home, but they may have just been going off of property records.

As long as Collins didn't have anything on him at the time, he may end up alright. I'm not remotely knowledgeable on drug laws though.
[/quote]

From what I gather. It's Simpson's home and Collins lives there with him. And they both were there
when the package arrived.

[quote name='Arkansas Bengal' timestamp='1316693730' post='1034782']

He'll probably lose a LOT of playing time--you know GODell will suspend him for 4 - 8 games.
[/quote]
[quote]

If this goes down I would bet Simpson loses the house and spends some time in jail but[b] misses little playing time [i]besides[/i] whatever suspension comes down from the commissioner's office.[/b][/quote]

And I agree.. He will definitely get bitch slapped by Roger.

Well, from everything I'm reading here it doesn't look good. What the fuck is that kid's problem? Are football players retarded or what? Jerome was around when henry was here. Didn't he learn a lesson about that chosen path or was he just too fucking stupid?
MULLY

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' timestamp='1316695262' post='1034792']
Always trying to keep a black man down.

[img]http://bank.imgdumpr.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/give-me-a-blunt-640x640.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/8/15/081a3e56-cd99-4097-9495-e37ceda1de7c.jpg[/img]

[img]http://pophangover.com/images/black-man-8.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

:lol:

:thumbsup:

[quote name='Jackie Treehorn' timestamp='1316695680' post='1034797']
The one thing someone brought up to me that I hadn't thought about is if he was selling this, who were his clients? Would whatever authorities involved try and go down that road and would that include more Bengal players?
[/quote]

The whole team is likely to be tested however why did they have 6 lbs laying around and another 2 just coming in? Did they even have any buyers? What's the deal with stockpiling all that weed?

My guess is Jerome has someone watch or stay at the house while they're gone on away games. I'll go ahead and assume some asshole was storing his pot there without Jerome knowing about it?

IDK Jerome is pretty f'n stupid to have 8lbs of pot in his house if he knowingly knew about it.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1316697474' post='1034808']
My guess is Jerome has someone watch or stay at the house while they're gone on away games. I'll go ahead and assume some asshole was storing his pot there without Jerome knowing about it?

IDK Jerome is pretty f'n stupid to have 8lbs of pot in his house if he [b]knowingly knew[/b] about it.
[/quote]

:39:

I guess a key piece of info would be who the package was addressed to. The GF signed for it. Was it hers?

If it was her, how long have they been together, known each other, etc?

If it was only a month or so, who knows what is going on. If they have been together 6 months or a year it might not look good.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1316697474' post='1034808']

IDK Jerome is pretty f'n stupid to have 8lbs of pot in his house if he knowingly knew about it.
[/quote]

I can't conceive of a situation where someone could have 8 lbs of pot (and scales, bags, etc...) in my home without me knowing it. The smell of that much pot alone would tip me off. Who knows what gets proven, but I'd bet my next paycheck he at least knew about all of it.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1316698049' post='1034815']

I can't conceive of a situation where someone could have 8 lbs of pot (and scales, bags, etc...) in my home without me knowing it. The smell of that much pot alone would tip me off. Who knows what gets proven, but I'd bet my next paycheck he at least knew about all of it.
[/quote]

idk, I had roomates in college who smoked the stuff, and a cousin who does. they had a ton of it hidden in their room. You couldn't really smell it, maybe if you went in there room, but if a friend is renting a room from me, i usually give them their rpivacy and don't bother to go in their room.

Now if the scale were just sitting out, sure, wtf? but if they were in a buddies room sitting in a closet, you'd have a tough time smelling that. If they were in Rome's room. Game over.

Archived