Which RB would be the best compliment to Law Firm?

Now that BJGE is in the fold  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Also taking Cap space into account and where we pick in the draft, which RB would be the best compliment to Law Firm?

• Trent Richardson
    • Doug Martin
    • David Wilson
    • Lamar Miller
    • Chris Polk
    • Isaiah Pead
    • Robert Turbin
    • Bernard Pierce
    • Terrance Ganaway
    • LeMichael James
    • Bernard Scott (already on team, but talent has been under-utilized)
    • Michael Bush (probably won't sign him as well, but put it out there anyway)
    • Jonathan Stewart (give up 3rd round draft pick)
    • Ronnie Hillman
    • Chris Rainey
    • Vick Ballard
    • Other

The BEST compliment would be Richardson. If Gruden can't have a successful offense with Law Firm, Richardson and Bernie, he needs to find a new career.

But the most feasible, realistic compliment would be one of the projected 2nd round guys. Richardson won't drop to 17 and it's not worth losing picks to move up and get him. It doesn't look like they're getting another FA RB since they probably could've gotten Bush also. That would've been a nice combo.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1332505032' post='1110859']
The BEST compliment would be Richardson. If Gruden can't have a successful offense with Law Firm, Richardson and Bernie, he needs to find a new career.

But the most feasible, realistic compliment would be one of the projected 2nd round guys. Richardson won't drop to 17 and it's not worth losing picks to move up and get him. It doesn't look like they're getting another FA RB since they probably could've gotten Bush also. That would've been a nice combo.
[/quote]
So what would you do if Richardson fell to #17?

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1332506481' post='1110876']
[/quote]
You have to take him if he falls to 17. I just can't see how you don't. The WC offense is much more lethal if linebackers have to play a real threat at running back. The 69ers were lethal when they had Roger Craig in the backfield. It really depends on Gruden's opinion of BJGE. I imagine we could actually trade down from 17 for a lower round 1st and possibly a second to the right team who REALLY wants him.

[/quote]

Definitely. I thought that I implied that by saying he was the best, but not realistic option. They can afford him with the new rookie cap and would probably be cheaper than any vet they bring in. i just don't think he will drop and I don't want to give anything up for him since we're not that desperate at RB to sacrifice picks for other positions after signing the Law Firm.

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1332507696' post='1110887']

use about 1.3 seconds to get the card up to the commish with Richardson name on it....
[/quote]
Troy would probably pull a hammy running up so fast.

[/quote]

Honestly, I might be tempted to call the Pats and see if they want to trade up first. Take the 27th and both 2nds in exchange for Trent.

I doubt they'd do it, but I'd check first.

[quote name='BBR' timestamp='1332518088' post='1110966']

Honestly, I might be tempted to call the Pats and see if they want to trade up first. Take the 27th and both 2nds in exchange for Trent.

I doubt they'd do it, but I'd check first.
[/quote]

I would have to give this some real thought as well.. You would have to look at how the draft is unfolding, and what the projected value to you is for those picks. but getting three picks in the first 2 rounds in exchange for drafting Richardson is pretty damned tempting..

Don't get me wrong.. I love Richardson, and think he is likely the best RB prospect i have seen in years.. But I'm not sure the dropoff from him to one of the 2nd tier guys is big enough to pass on the picks.. Plus there is no accounting for rotten luck, which multiple picks tends to reduce the affect of.

Lemichael james in the third round. I said it before the BJGE signing, and i believe it even more now after. I also think the james pick will be preceded by a wr in the second and OG and DB/LB in the first. Thats how i see the first three rounds playing out.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1332439586' post='1110520']

Either Scott sucks or the coaching staff sucks for not realizing he is good and getting him on the field. Either way, the Bengals are losers.[/quote]
Metamucil. I've heard it helps.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1332444972' post='1110569']
After further research, I'm beginning to think anyone of T-Rich, Martin, or Miller. Could be a fit.

After watching this video of Miller, I AM CONVINCED HE CAN BE AN EFFECTIVE RECEIVER out of the backfield in Gruden's offense. Also, alot of people are saying he gives good effort as a pass blocker but needs to improve at it (that's good enough for a start). Like Law Firm he wasn't asked to do it much but if you look at Miller's athletic ability when hauling passes and being elusive after the catch still, I am impressed. Look at his catches at 2:20, 3:19 of this video and see for yourself.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt8lcelGD6A[/media]
[/quote]

all of two catches would be enough to convince you?

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1332448786' post='1110587']

Why WASN'T he the #1 back? Either he sucked or the coaches are dumbasses. Is there any other option? Benson wasn't productive enough to keep anyone off the field. If Scott had the spark, he should have gotten way more touches.
[/quote]

let's be honest, marvin gave him even more than he likely should have, somewhat to the detriment of the offense. he didn't produce in the running game, and was even less effective than that in the passing game.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1332507242' post='1110883']

Definitely. I thought that I implied that by saying he was the best, but not realistic option. They can afford him with the new rookie cap and would probably be cheaper than any vet they bring in. i just don't think he will drop and I don't want to give anything up for him since we're not that desperate at RB to sacrifice picks for other positions after signing the Law Firm.
[/quote]

again, i don't see where a very average law firm changes ANYTHING. the guy should be titled "insurance policy" rather than "law firm".

Benson or Scott would benefit from an upgrade at the OG spots, especially because they seemed intent on running both within the tackles. If Scott gets more open field looks, they play to his strength and we see what he can do.

If they don't get Martin after trading down from 21, they'll take Pead/James in the 3rd. I agree with a scenario like this.

... unless there are good players at other positions that drop, in which case BPA is best course of action considering they have signed people and have people on the roster.

I've also added Hillman, Rainey and Ballard to the poll. See if anyone likes these guys.

I know I like Hillman. He would actually be a nice fit next to Law Firm and Scott. He's small but is a tough with great vision, is speedy, and is an everydown back. He's an excellent receiver with experience playing in the slot and is a good blocker for his size. He's coming out of the same college as Marshall Faulk and without any bias, Faulk thinks he could be a steal for someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIL2BMOmOAk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbSeGoaNilE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyNWPk7Oq90

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1332589248' post='1111411']
I've also added Hillman, Rainey and Ballard to the poll. See if anyone likes these guys.

I know I like Hillman. He would actually be a nice fit next to Law Firm and Scott. He's small but is a tough with great vision, is speedy, and is an everydown back. He's an excellent receiver with experience playing in the slot and is a good blocker for his size. He's coming out of the same college as Marshall Faulk and without any bias, Faulk thinks he could be a steal for someone.

[[/quote]

I just updated my vote from Wilson to Rainey now that he is an option. I like L. James alot and I see alot of people saying to take James in the 3rd....thats highly unlikely that he'll be there in the 3rd. I have doubts that he will even be there when we pick in the 2nd round. Rainey/Pead/Polk are more likely targets if your thinking 3rd round.

Archived