Which RB would be the best compliment to Law Firm?

Now that BJGE is in the fold  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Also taking Cap space into account and where we pick in the draft, which RB would be the best compliment to Law Firm?

• Trent Richardson
    • Doug Martin
    • David Wilson
    • Lamar Miller
    • Chris Polk
    • Isaiah Pead
    • Robert Turbin
    • Bernard Pierce
    • Terrance Ganaway
    • LeMichael James
    • Bernard Scott (already on team, but talent has been under-utilized)
    • Michael Bush (probably won't sign him as well, but put it out there anyway)
    • Jonathan Stewart (give up 3rd round draft pick)
    • Ronnie Hillman
    • Chris Rainey
    • Vick Ballard
    • Other

Speed guys like Wilson or Miller are the best choice, but we won't draft a RB that high.

My guess is that we get Pead or Hillman 3rd round or later. Best case I could see (my vote) is that Lemichael James drops to us in the third round.

[quote name='BengalsRZ' timestamp='1332367114' post='1110059']
I've been watching some Doug Martin highlight videos and he looks so agile and explosive! I'm seeing his 40 time at 4.55, but he looks a lot faster than that. Can anyone give me some more info on this guy? When would we realistically take him?
[/quote]

he'll probably go early-mid 2nd round depending on how certain teams feel about certain guys. At this point I could see martin, miller, wilson or maybe even polk being the 2nd RB off the board. It will likely be miller though.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1332367118' post='1110061']
I want Martin. I want a RB that can carry the load if there are injuries.
I think not having a true bell cow (doesn't mean he has to have 30 carries a game, just means he can handle it if needed) is a recipe for disaster.
[/quote]

Well, the Bell Cow is the one who gets hurt first, usually. Like Benson in 2009.

david wilson but i doubt we use pick 21 on him and he wont be there at 53. i doubt we use 17,21,or 53 on a rb now so im gonna say chris rainey. rainey would be a great change of pace guy for us in the 3rd round. trich at 17 is a pipe dream...wilson and martin will be long gone by 53. i think miller and james could make it to 53 but there will be other good players as well...plus miller goes down if you sneeze in his direction. chris rainey can also line up all over the place return kicks and punts. he is going to be one of the biggest steals of the draft. didnt really include polk because i wouldent use anything higher than a 4th rounder on him and he'll probably go somewhere in the 3rd round.

Id take TRich at 17
If hes not there I wouldnt consider anyone at 21
Id consider Martin, Wilson, Miller or maybe polk at 53 and thats about it
Id consider James or Pead in the third

If none of those guys are there in their respective rounds Id go with Bernie as the back up, but get him 10-12 carries a game instead of 5-6.

My favorite RB in this draft not names Trent is Doug Martin. 5'9" 222lb, 263carries, 1266yds 16tds, 28reps in the bench.
He's quick and can juke people and he's explosive as a pass catcher out of the backfield. He seems to always get the extra yards at the end of his runs.
I like him a lot based on what I have seen as he is short, thick, strong and explosive with great hands.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1332366015' post='1110048']
I was clutching at straws, but I plumped for Turbin. He has a nice combination of vision, speed, strength, and pass catching ability that would make him a very nice every down back.
[/quote]

x2

Pead or James... you can take them later and still get a playmaker.

I'd still rather have Martin or Wilson though but if you can get a CB, G, S/LB/WR in the first three picks and then go RB and still get one of these guys... it's probably the way to go.

Archived