The Pac is Back

[quote name='CougarQuest' timestamp='1332476860' post='1110815']

You haven't retracted that yet?
[/quote]

How could you possibly hate on a starting CB that started 7 games and over that 7 game stretch gave up an average of 2.25 catches per game for 45 yards?

So against Mike Wallace, Torrey Smith, Andre Johnson, whoever he guarded he gave up 45 yards a game to. Woop de do.

That stat also doesnt take into account the dozens of other plays a game that they didnt throw his way because he had his guy defended. using passer ratting for a CB is beyond dumb.

I like this move. Guy gave up 1 TD last year and it was against Andre Johnson in the playoffs. That works for me. Probably the only corner that we have that has the ability to turn an interception into 6 points.

[b] [size=6]Adam Jones confirms 1-year deal[/size][/b]

By GEOFF HOBSON
Posted 7 hours ago

Cornerback/return man Adam Jones said Thursday night he's agreed to a one-year deal and it's believed they are also continuing to have interest in bringing back defensive tackle Pat Sims and offensive lineman Anthony Collins in an effort to solidify their depth.

Jones, 28, has already revived his career here, and he's trying to take the next step. Last month he finished all his probation commitments and he reports he's healthier than he's been since a season-ending neck injury in late October of 2010.

Plus, he's settled in his new Cincinnati home with his fiancée and daughter and he's never felt better spiritually as well.

"It's the first time in my life it's just football and Adam Jones and I can't wait to get started," Jones said. "I'm really excited about what I can do playing in all 16 games. I feel like I really know the defense and I'm just as comfortable as I've ever been both on and off the field."

Jones is believed to have had interest from two other teams, although agent Peter Schaffer wouldn't confirm it, but he did confirm Jones' comfort level with the Bengals is key.

"I'm so proud of him getting this contract," Schaffer said. "It's another milestone in his development of becoming a better person, teammate, husband, and father."

Jones started the final eight games last season in place of the injured Leon Hall (Achilles), including the Wild Card loss in Houston. Especially the Wild Card loss in Houston. The one where Texans wide receiver Andre Johnson buckled him with a double move on a 40-yard touchdown pass for a 24-10 lead with 1:08 left in the third quarter.

"I couldn't sleep for a couple of weeks after that game. That double move," Jones said. "I know what I did. I knew what I did wrong with my technique. I took my eyes off him. I've been going over it ever since.

The closest Jones came to playing 16 games came in his first two seasons of 2005 and 2006, when he played 15 each before his crushing off-field problems limited him to just nine games from '07-09 before the Bengals gave him a shot in 2010. The neck rehab and a hamstring pull kept him from taking a snap until Nov. 20 last season.

"I really feel like I can do some good things if I can play all 16," Jones said. "I think the secondary is really good. We know each other and we've got experience in the same system."

Jones, who becomes the sixth corner under contract, says he wasn't surprised the club signed the Texans' Jason Allen on Tuesday for two years at a reported $8.2 million. Plus, the Bengals are still expected to draft one.

"You need four or five corners," Jones said. "My man (Hall) is coming back from (Achilles') surgery, and we've got some solid guys behind him."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-working-to-re-sign-regulars-Adam-Jones-confirms-1-year-deal/428be42c-119a-430f-9997-1eba7346c854

I really like this signing.. It helps to make the first round picks BPA for sure... And to the people bitching about it, it's not like he is the number 1 corner and will be playing against the number 1 receiver every game.... I still think if they take a corner in the 1st round like Jenkins, he will probably come in and start right away....

[quote name='unleashed' timestamp='1332474653' post='1110799']If we take Jenkins, I'm not as worried about him infecting the locker room as much as I'm worried about him just continuing to just do stupid things. A good locker room didn't keep Rey from being stupid and punching a dude in the face[/quote]

This!!!!

He is a decent player when on the field. Injuries have been an issue. We still need more depth but he knows the system. Hopefully, he is eligible come game 1 but I would have thought any punishment would have already been handed out. Still, Goodell might just be waiting for the Draft and FA to be over so he can really fuck us over.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1332471095' post='1110776']Crocker i hope goes no where, when i have my memories of ohlete, you can't have enough depth.

Here's to hoping we get [b]kilpatrick [/b]in the 1st round or the Alabama safety. I think if we draft a safety though it says alot about what they think of the WVU and USC guy we have( having a tough time with names right now lol).[/quote]

Why would the Bengals draft a shooting guard?

:D

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1332473027' post='1110788']

I agree about BPA in general. There are only a couple positions (QB, OT) that you couldn't just take BPA.

That being said, I see a very glaring hole still at WR. That is going to be addressed early. I still see a pretty big need at RG. I think the D Line has some definite holes. Those could be addressed with low level FAs or mid-rounders, but an early pick there makes a ton of sense. Still could use some speed and big play ability at RB. LB has a lot of question marks. All of those spots are bigger needs than CB at this point.

I still think a dream scenario is to be able to trade down from 21 out of the 1st and pick up a couple #2s. In that case, you could draft D Line or OG at #17, just BPA and there should be a real talent there. Then with the 2nds, I think you can add a nice #2 WR and #1 RB. And with our own #2 go OG or D Line (whichever you didn't draft in the 1st).

Something like....Fletcher Cox, Rueben Randle, Doug Martin and Kevin Zeitler would be my "dream draft" if they could pull it off.[/quote]

I'm right there with you on trading down to get an extra #2, giving them 4 in the top 60. They could snag an OL, DL, DB, and RB as you cite, or a LB, or more than one at one position. They've got a lot of flexibility, and some upcoming signings of their own guys that I anticipate will help that even more.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1332504587' post='1110853']
Why would the Bengals draft a shooting guard?

:D
[/quote]

Should they also draft Yancy Gates at TE or DE?

Edit: I can actually see people here seriously considering him at TE. Not necessarilly excluding myself.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1332505326' post='1110861']
I'm right there with you on trading down to get an extra #2, giving them 4 in the top 60. They could snag an OL, DL, DB, and RB as you cite, or a LB, or more than one at one position. They've got a lot of flexibility, and some upcoming signings of their own guys that I anticipate will help that even more.
[/quote]

I'm really starting to think that unless someone falls to them, they are going to be shopping the #21 pick.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1332505675' post='1110864']

I'm really starting to think that unless someone falls to them, they are going to be shopping the #21 pick.
[/quote]
That wouldn't be a bad thing. Get some more young talent in here and complete the process.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1332505675' post='1110864']

[/quote]

Maybe, but if we won't have a hard-on for anyone at 21, there's a good chance no one else will either.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1332506262' post='1110872']

Maybe, but if we won't have a hard-on for anyone at 21, there's a good chance no one else will either.
[/quote]
There is always that team out there that has someone rated higher than the "experts" and don't wont to lose him even at 21. If Cleveland would pull the move they did to get Quinn at 22 there is certainly another stupid team out there who will do the same.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1332506412' post='1110875']
There is always that team out there that has someone rated higher than the "experts" and don't wont to lose him even at 21. If Cleveland would pull the move they did to get Quinn at 22 there is certainly another stupid team out there who will do the same.
[/quote]

lol good memories.

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1332506823' post='1110880']

lol good memories.
[/quote]
Not as good as these:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo[/url]

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1332506262' post='1110872']

[/quote]

it doesn't necessarily have to be someone the bengals would want, nor does it necessarily have to be someone we think is worth the spot. It may be a guy that a team isn't confident will be there when they pick 5-6 spots later.

As long as he can stay out of trouble, stop being a douchebag to his teammates, and stop refering to himself in third person I don't have a problem with this. He could be a steal if he can stay healthy and focused this offseason. I wish him the best.

Does anyone know if he will suspended for last offseason's incident?

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left]According to Aaron Wilson, cornerback [/left][/size][/font][/color][url="https://twitter.com/#!/RavensInsider/statuses/185599016661291009"]Adam Jones' one-year contract is worth $950,000[/url][color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][left] with a handful of incentives, including a $125,000 roster bonus, a $75,000 signing bonus and a $50,000 workout bonus, concluding a base salary of $700,000, which is roughly the league minimum for a player heading into his sixth season.[/left][/size][/font][/color]

[url="http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/30/2913623/breaking-down-the-contract-of-bengals-cornerback-adam-jones"]http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/30/2913623/breaking-down-the-contract-of-bengals-cornerback-adam-jones[/url]

Archived