Justified or not?

OneHeartBeat

[quote name='Squirrlnutz' timestamp='1340208361' post='1136037']
I heard on the radio that the father placed a frantic call to 911 after he stopped attacking the perpetrator, where he was hysterically asking for help as the guy was dying. Sure a sociopath could do this too, but if this is the case I'm sure it helps to paint him as a guy who snapped out of his rage to realize that he had gone too far.
[/quote]

yup, the quotes show me there was no intent to kill. This was no execution. This wasn't him looking for justice or revenge. This was a man protecting his daughter.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1340205274' post='1136030']
[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/us/father-not-charged-in-killing-of-man-molesting-his-daughter-5.html"]http://www.nytimes.c...daughter-5.html[/url]

[b]The girl was taken to a hospital and examined, and the authorities say that forensic evidence and witness accounts corroborated the father’s story that his daughter was being sexually molested. [/b]

This case has nothing to do with Zimmerman.
[/quote]

Thanks.

ANd I think it does. Zimmerman did not try to kill Trayvon. He was defending himself from an attacker.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1340210395' post='1136042']
Thanks.

ANd I think it does. Zimmerman did not try to kill Trayvon. He was defending himself from an attacker.
[/quote]

A man armed with a gun was defending himself from being attacked by someone with skittles and iced tea.....poor guy. Glad he shot and killed that barbarian that was attacking him.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1340215817' post='1136065']
A man armed with a gun was defending himself from being attacked by someone with skittles and iced tea.....poor guy. Glad he shot and killed that barbarian that was attacking him.
[/quote]

Hey maaan have you ever "tasted the rainbow"? That shit is lethal.

:ninja:

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1340214200' post='1136055']
[url="http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/father-daughter-attacker-beat-death-texas-151942957.html"]No charges.[/url]
[/quote]

I have no problems with the grand jury on this. Sad to read some of the comments on the article quoted here though. More or less proves my point.

[/quote]

This article presents a man who killed another man with his own fists. You have no idea what happende that night. Stop painting it like this kid who was suspended from school was skipping down the street eating skittles and iced tea. The reality is that we don't know, you are assuming you know.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1340219575' post='1136072']
This article presents a man who killed another man with his own fists. You have no idea what happende that night. Stop painting it like this kid who was suspended from school was skipping down the street eating skittles and iced tea. The reality is that we don't know, you are assuming you know.
[/quote]

My post did assume that I knew what happened, which I don't, even though I can deduce but over and over you keep saying we don't know what happened and have been exulting others to refrain from forming an opinion until we know the facts....very admirable....then you go on to say "Zimmerman did not try to kill Trayvon. He was defending himself against an attacker". You're either very dumb or a hypocrite, or maybe both. Seems you've formed an opinion on the subject without knowing the full facts, formed an opinion on bias, just as you ask others not to.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1340225176' post='1136080']
My post did assume that I knew what happened, which I don't, even though I can deduce but over and over you keep saying we don't know what happened and have been exulting others to refrain from forming an opinion until we know the facts....very admirable....then you go on to say "Zimmerman did not try to kill Trayvon. He was defending himself against an attacker". You're either very dumb or a hypocrite, or maybe both. Seems you've formed an opinion on the subject without knowing the full facts, formed an opinion on bias, just as you ask others not to.
[/quote]

Sorry that was me playing with what other people are doing, taking the opposite side just to show how absurd the other side is. ....I am no linguist or englishist but I will look up hyperbole to see if it fits...I don't have any idea what happened. I have formed no opinion other then people who have formed opinions are wrong. I dont expect you to read or remember everyone of my posts on this but I have been consistent on the fact that George Zimmerman could very well be a premeditated murderer, and Trayvon Martin could very well have brutally and vicously attacked George Zimmerman who acted in self defense.

[/quote]

How would he know, in the heat of the moment, that he was only armed with skittles and iced tea? I don't know that I would take that chance.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1340249444' post='1136101']
How would he know, in the heat of the moment, that he was only armed with skittles and iced tea? I don't know that I would take that chance.
[/quote]

I agree, I also find it best to shoot anyone I think looks threatening or suspicious. Sorry, postal service! The lamp was out on my porch and I forgot I'd ordered that book from Amazon. My bad, jogger; it was dark in the alley when I was taking my trash out and you startled me, running up like that. Tough luck, high school football mascot - how was I supposed to know you were only armed with a Mountain Dew underneath that giant otter costume, when you started jumping around all crazy like that? Better safe than sorry!

Yes sir, when in the "heat of the moment", your best option is definitely shoot to kill.

Welp, gotta go - I'm pretty sure I've seen the same car drive by my house 3 times now, so they must be getting ready for a drive-by. How am I supposed to know?

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1340249444' post='1136101']
[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfFjb3B9RRw

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1340250901' post='1136103']
I agree, I also find it best to shoot anyone I think looks threatening or suspicious. Sorry, postal service! The lamp was out on my porch and I forgot I'd ordered that book from Amazon. My bad, jogger; it was dark in the alley when I was taking my trash out and you startled me, running up like that. Tough luck, high school football mascot - how was I supposed to know you were only armed with a Mountain Dew underneath that giant otter costume, when you started jumping around all crazy like that? Better safe than sorry!

Yes sir, when in the "heat of the moment", your best option is definitely shoot to kill.

Welp, gotta go - I'm pretty sure I've seen the same car drive by my house 3 times now, so they must be getting ready for a drive-by. How am I supposed to know?
[/quote]

Liberal spin at its finest right here

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1340289177' post='1136140']
Liberal spin at its finest right here
[/quote]

It must be so reassuring to have that "liberal" stamp handy whenever your ideas are threatened. You get to wrap yourself in the flag and march right the fuck off the cliff with a smile on your face. Kudos, sir. I ask only that you hurry up about it, so as to leave the course of history to people thoughtful enough to entertain doubt where their own beliefs are concerned.

[quote name='IKOTA' timestamp='1340225176' post='1136080']
My post did assume that I knew what happened, which I don't, even though I can deduce but over and over you keep saying we don't know what happened and have been exulting others to refrain from forming an opinion until we know the facts....very admirable....then you go on to say "Zimmerman did not try to kill Trayvon. He was defending himself against an attacker". You're either very dumb or a hypocrite, [u][b]or maybe both.[/b][/u] Seems you've formed an opinion on the subject without knowing the full facts, formed an opinion on bias, just as you ask others not to.
[/quote]

clearly both.

as for THIS case.. just the thought of such things happening to my kids is instant rage and someone isnt walking away from the altercation... the parental instinct to protect your children and the worst posible abuse happening is instant rage for any parent...any decent human being parent that is...

hell some old hillbilly fuck at my youngests tball game last night half swatted at my son (like "stop that") kinda thing, my kid was pulling on the electrical tape that hillbilly fucks dad put on his helmet to distinguish it from other helmets, (its a red helmet, with a hude wide black cross across the tope and "JOEY" spelled in black tape like 5 inches tall on the front) part of the tape was coming up a little, and my son was basically picking at it.. he wasnt going to pull it off or anything, mostly curious as to why it was on the helmet... and had he actually touched my kid me and that motherfucker would have had words....

other people messing with your kids on any level is a big f'n problem for most any parents...

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1340410725' post='1136405']
It must be so reassuring to have that "liberal" stamp handy whenever your ideas are threatened. You get to wrap yourself in the flag and march right the fuck off the cliff with a smile on your face. Kudos, sir. I ask only that you hurry up about it, so as to leave the course of history to people thoughtful enough to entertain doubt where their own beliefs are concerned.
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't entertain doubt when it comes to my beliefs. Doubt isn't worth the effort and not much positive comes from it.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1340775954' post='1136864']
Sorry, I don't entertain doubt when it comes to my beliefs. Doubt isn't worth the effort and not much positive comes from it.
[/quote]

This is pretty mind blowing.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' timestamp='1340802395' post='1136891']
Throw a flag for illegal procedure? :blink:

BTW, Bung, it appears that your avatar is a broken link, at least on my screen.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with it. The site won't let me upload a new image, so I just left it blank.

Archived