2013 Draft and Free Agency

My man.  He injured his knee week 6 this year.  That was in October.  Most guys don't recover from the ACL injury in 6 months.

my bad, yet my point remains the same. let the UDFA, who never saw a snap last year with green bay, return to full health before generating any interest. if he makes it all the way back and we still have a need for an UDFA type RB, bring him in for a tryout at that point in time. again, if he'd shown all that much promise, the RB needy packers, who also run a WCO, wouldn't have cut him loose at this point in time.

I dont feel like walter football is all that reliable, but Idk.

I would be a little disappointed at first with lacy, but im sure i could be convinced to like him.

Sign felix after the draft or draft another faster back later and that would make me feel better.

The thing is, Lacy may not have great straight-line speed, but he's very quick and has a great spin move. Plus he can be a three-down back. I am fine with Lacy at 21 as long as his medical issues check out. The Bengals have had horrible injury luck with RBs drafted early.

SC_DougFarrar‏@SC_DougFarrar1m
Prepare your abuse! The Shutdown Corner Mock Draft (Final Cut) http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-mock-draft-final-cut-010709026--nfl.html …

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Surprised? Well, it's the Bengals. Watson has actually impressed a lot of NFL teams with his athleticism, and though he's very raw (especially in space), he's got enough going for him to either replace Andre Smith in the short term or eventually become an exciting left tackle if Smith is re-signed.

Don't like it. 

when was the last time we went someone that raw in the first round?

Dre not raw

Aj not raw

gresh not raw

smith not raw

Z not raw

hall not raw

joseph not raw

chris perry not raw

palmer not raw

rivers not raw

pollack not raw, although changing positions

do i need to keep going?

Sports Illustrated‏@SInow4m
.@SI_PeterKing's 2013 NFL Mock Draft: http://bit.ly/XXFboI

21bengals_80.png

Eddie Lacy

RB

alabam_40.png

Alabama
Jr.130402.02.png5-11130402.02.png231

NFL sign of the times: No RBs in the top 20 of the draft. There's a legit chance none go in the first round, but the Bengals love this guy.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/-nfl-draft/news/20130424/2013-nfl-draft-mock-draft-peter-king/#ixzz2RRCUIkLW

If I was the Bengals GM, here's my Pick Six to take in the first round

In yet another edition of how sometimes I might see things differently than Mike Brown at times, here is my short list of six players who I think will be available for the Bengals when they are on the clock at 21:
1. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
2. Eric Reid, S, LSU
3. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
4. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
5. Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
6. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

http://sulia.com/channel/cincinnati-bengals/f/ea5ff9dd-7a50-429c-b2a0-b8318131cee9/?source=twitter

Rambo and TJ McDonald both.

Rambo's off field stuff doesn't help, and he's a bit stiff, too. I've read 3rd round or later. Loved what he did to Murdoch, though, and the mud man thing was totally awesome.

McDonald doesn't impress me much. Big and physical but looks limited as an athlete.

interesting take on the safeties....

24) kenny vaccaro

36) eric reid

53) matt elam

56) john cyprien

80) dj swearinger

yea, both Brandt and Mayock have Cyprien 4th which I thought was noteworthy.

Mayock has 

Vaccaro

Elam

Reid

Cyprien

Swearinger

That's what I have too, though think Swearinger is a better Bengals fit than Cyprien.

Archived