2013 Draft and Free Agency

Wilcots on the radio this morning.    I have no idea who his source is or how up to date his info was.   He was hearing Andre has decided to fold and he expects him to be back with bengals.

1.  Talked a whole bunch about a great fit Ogletree would be for Bengals.

2. Referenced a conversation with Mike Brown about he mentioned Bengals always used to be stocked with RB in 80s/90s.   M. Brown said they would get back to that thought you needed an army or RBs and CBs.

There you go.   Something to chew on. 

I personally would not have a problem in the first 4 picks if it was flooded with RB, LB, and DB.   I say DB instead specific position like CB and S because I that will be a situational role and believe that is what our LB crew cold become.   Lot of subbing and mix and match pending situation.   

He was just saying that he'd rather have Swearinger in the second instead of taking Reid in round 1.  Not in chronological order.  I'm not exactly sure what your gig of caling people out while adding nothing to the conversation is, but it's gotten old.  And in an ironic twist, I've now stooped to that level so I'll have to put myself on ignore too I guess...

I'm at least happy that we'll be gettigng SOMEONE to play SS. That someone has to be better than Taylor Mays or the unsigned Chris Crocker.  I only hope that whoever that person is can become a vocal leader we need and get people lined up like Crock did....

+1

Dude, we gave up a 7th round pick for Mays and Iloka was a fifth round pick. And neither one has seen much playing time, if any. How do you equate that to an obsession?

How tall have our starting safeties been the last few years? Barely six foot?

Zimmer wanted to trade up to get Mays. Marvin has made it clear about what it takes to play in their division. These coaches are size kings. Bottom line, Elam is 5-9 and won't be a Bengal.

Zimmer wanted to trade up to get Mays. Marvin has made it clear about what it takes to play in their division. These coaches are size kings. Bottom line, Elam is 5-9 and won't be a Bengal.

Elam is less than an inch shorter than Crocker, who's spot they are looking to fill. If they think Elam is the most worthy of the pick, he'll be a Bengal.  His height won't keep them, or any team from taking him high.

Height is a bonus, but teams care most about whether you can cover, and support the run.

Elam is less than an inch shorter than Crocker, who's spot they are looking to fill. If they think Elam is the most worthy of the pick, he'll be a Bengal.  His height won't keep them, or any team from taking him high.

Height is a bonus, but teams care most about whether you can cover, and support the run.

I like Elam slightly more than Reid myself. But I still think Cincinnati will select either Reid or Lacy with their first pick. There's still a chance that Vaccaro slides, though. All it would really take is one or two surprises in the teens for Vaccaro to suddenly be available at 21.

I like Elam slightly more than Reid myself. But I still think Cincinnati will select either Reid or Lacy with their first pick. There's still a chance that Vaccaro slides, though. All it would really take is one or two surprises in the teens for Vaccaro to suddenly be available at 21.

yea I rank Elam higher, but am starting to think Reid might be the better fit based on how they use their safeties.

Wilcots on the radio this morning.    I have no idea who his source is or how up to date his info was.   He was hearing Andre has decided to fold and he expects him to be back with bengals.

1.  Talked a whole bunch about a great fit Ogletree would be for Bengals.

2. Referenced a conversation with Mike Brown about he mentioned Bengals always used to be stocked with RB in 80s/90s.   M. Brown said they would get back to that thought you needed an army or RBs and CBs.

There you go.   Something to chew on. 

I personally would not have a problem in the first 4 picks if it was flooded with RB, LB, and DB.   I say DB instead specific position like CB and S because I that will be a situational role and believe that is what our LB crew cold become.   Lot of subbing and mix and match pending situation.   

Wilcots also said on NFL Network that the Browns could draft "Sonny" Vaccaro, so there's that. 

You know...after 121 pages...it is safe to say, the Bengals will get a very good football player at #21. About all you can ask for in the draft. 

And we will all have the pick elevated to Canton-levels by the end of the night anyway...so I will already proclaim the night a rousing success!  

Wilcots also said on NFL Network that the Browns could draft "Sonny" Vaccaro, so there's that. 

That would seem sillier that grabbing that CB they keep giving them.  The team needs playmakers on offense more than DBs in the first round.  Or pass rush if they go defense.  Or, god help them, a QB again,

Nothing against these players, but with Haden and a decent S already, they can go CB later to fill in the backfield.  

They already are losing games 20-10.  Losing 17-7 isn't much better. 

When I type on my phone it autocorrects "than" to "then". So while most smart people could understand i meant Id rather take swearinger in the 2nd "than" reid in the 1st, since it came out "then" it was harder for him to understand.

Stupid autocorrect.

Why would autocorrect do that? It's not like "than" is not a word.

Not calling you a liar, I just think it's strange.

I would not hate Lacy if its the pick AT ALL. It's hard to hate on the #1 RB in the draft. I know I read Marvin say something about size of safties in an article recently so I would be surprised if its Elam, but Reid is likely if Vaccaro isnt there, if they do go Lacy in 1, I would not hate it AT ALL if they went Cyprien and Brown in 2, in fact the idea of those 3 gives me a little wood. :)

Why would autocorrect do that? It's not like "than" is not a word.

Not calling you a liar, I just think it's strange.

I must use then more than I use than. Then my phone thinks I'm saying then instead of than, then it autocorrects than to then. Then it's confusions because then people think I mean then when I really mean than, then they get smarkier than hell.

:)

He was just saying that he'd rather have Swearinger in the second instead of taking Reid in round 1.  Not in chronological order.  I'm not exactly sure what your gig of caling people out while adding nothing to the conversation is, but it's gotten old.  And in an ironic twist, I've now stooped to that level so I'll have to put myself on ignore too I guess...

I'm at least happy that we'll be gettigng SOMEONE to play SS. That someone has to be better than Taylor Mays or the unsigned Chris Crocker.  I only hope that whoever that person is can become a vocal leader we need and get people lined up like Crock did....

:lol:

Someone has to say something every once in a while.

Archived