2013 Draft and Free Agency

If we trade down a few spots, I wouldn't mind Eric Reid at all.

Trouble is you need a trade partner. Teams that want to trade up for an impact player have to go higher than 21. Teams that might be  targeting a particular QB can probably get him later than 21. Worked out great last year, but this a different kind of draft.

Trouble is you need a trade partner. Teams that want to trade up for an impact player have to go higher than 21. Teams that might be  targeting a particular QB can probably get him later than 21. Worked out great last year, but this a different kind of draft.

Atlanta might be able to get a good CB at 21.

no, but i'd bet money they're out of the same gene pool.

There's only so much stupidity you can spew out with one username...a level such as this requires 2 accounts

are hayden and blueridge the same person? Just wondering...

I remember a news story from a couple of years ago where some crazed chimps tried to maul a human being. I always wondered what happened to those chimps. Now I know.

Silva's Two-Round Mock Draft

21. Bengals -- Florida International S Johnathan Cyprien

The Bengals love Cyprien and will hold their breath he gets by the Rams and Cowboys. They sent defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer to Florida International on Monday for a private workout of Cyprien and seem clearly to be eyeballing Reggie Nelson's running mate with this pick.

37. Bengals -- North Carolina RB Giovani Bernard

Bernard brings much-needed big-play ability to Cincinnati's plodding backfield. 

53. Bengals -- Ohio State RT Reid Fragel

The Bengals have shown a lot of interest in Fragel over the past 72 hours. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/43125/60/silvas-two-round-mock-draft?pg=3

The Bengals love Cyprien and will hold their breath he gets by the Rams and Cowboys. They sent defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer to Florida International on Monday for a private workout of Cyprien and seem clearly to be eyeballing Reggie Nelson's running mate with this pick.

First 2 picks are great. Fragel is a huge reach and won't be a need after Smith is re-signed. Gimme Da'Rick Rogers there and this gets an A++++

If the Bengals re-sign Howard, is LB still a position of need?

You have Rey on a 2 year contract, Harrison on a 2 year contract, and Howard on at least a year contract. Howard and Harrison are both past 30. I think LB still becomes a need, but I think it also means you may not see them take 2 of them like I thought they might.

First 2 picks are great. Fragel is a huge reach and won't be a need after Smith is re-signed. Gimme Da'Rick Rogers there and this gets an A++++

Fragel would not be that big a reach at 53.  But I'm not sure I would want to take him that high if we re-sign Andre.

But if Zimmer has had private workouts with Vaccaro/Elam/Reid/Cyprien, how does Silva know that the Bengals are targeting Cyprien more than some of the others? I'll take a wild guess and say he doesn't. I'm certainly not saying that the Bengals won't take Cyprien, but they normally only take players from powerhouse programs in the 1st round. So if they do end up selecting Cyprien in the 1st, then you know they really do love the guy. Because they would be breaking from their norm.

You have Rey on a 2 year contract, Harrison on a 2 year contract, and Howard on at least a year contract. Howard and Harrison are both past 30. I think LB still becomes a need, but I think it also means you may not see them take 2 of them like I thought they might.

I don't know about need, but definitely a possibility. Linebackers drafted early can usually start right away so if you don't draft one early this year it's not the end of the world as you can likely draft one early in 2014.

Unless brown falls to 37, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't draft a LB till the third or maybe even later.

But if Zimmer has had private workouts with Vaccaro/Elam/Reid/Cyprien, how does Silva know that the Bengals are targeting Cyprien more than some of the others? I'll take a wild guess and say he doesn't. I'm certainly not saying that the Bengals won't take Cyprien, but they normally only take players from powerhouse programs in the 1st round. So if they do end up selecting Cyprien in the 1st, then you know they really do love the guy. Because they would be breaking from their norm.

yea there's a bunch of people making a big deal about the Cyprien workout, ignoring that Zimmer has also worked out Elam, Reid and Vaccaro in the last week.

yea there's a bunch of people making a big deal about the CYprien workout, ignoring that Zimmer has also worked out Elam, Reid and Vaccaro in the last week.

But he worked out "my favorite player" they HAVE to be drafting him now!!!

:D

Archived