2013 Opponents Thread

I think in order for a TD to be awarded, there HAS to be contact made.  There was none in this instance..... although if Jones had kept running straight, he just may have made contact with Tomlin. 

They could have called sideline penalty too, I believe.   The white is supposed to be clear.   

They could have called sideline penalty too, I believe.   The white is supposed to be clear.   

Sure, could have called a few things.  Unsportsmanlike also.   But what they could not have called, is the play to be a TD when there was no contact made between Jones and Tomlin.  I believe that's the rule.  

we'd never be able to afford him, but boy i'd sure love to have that kid on our team. he's as good as they come and as tough as nails. i'll be surprised if they're able to retain him next year. he's clearly fed up.

Every team will want Haden so it won't be easy to get him.

Off the top of my head I'd say the Steelers and Ravens? 

Sorry.... just being a smart ass! :whistle:

That's where we use the "Balmy Southern Climate" of Cincy to seal the deal.

more realistically, Pitt and Balt are still pretty cap constrained.  Of course, we are getting closer to that ourselves.

All I got to say to that is he is enjoying Tex-Mex since Cincy aint got non :lol:

That shit's all cheese and ranchero sauce, anyway :P There are a few good authentic-ish places around Hamilton/Fairfield these days. There's a panaderia on Rt 4 between two Dunkin Donuts that really should be putting them both out of business.

Hayden would be awesome, but we don't pursue mega-contracts.  He will be one of the top CBs in his prime when he becomes a FA. 

If he winds up a Bengal I will eat my shorts.

oh, i have no doubt he'll be signed by us. i think we have a really good chance.

that is, after he's been through 3 or 4 contracts and he's 35 or so.

now jason, if it happens remember the pledge you made to us...and no fair washing them shorts first. :lmao:

Sure, could have called a few things.  Unsportsmanlike also.   But what they could not have called, is the play to be a TD when there was no contact made between Jones and Tomlin.  I believe that's the rule.  

Section 1 Emergencies Article 1 If any non-player, including photographers, reporters, employees, police or spectators, enters the field of play or end zones, and in the judgment of an official said party or parties interfere with the play, the Referee, after consulting his crew (12-3-3 and 15-1-6), shall enforce any such penalty or score as the interference warrants.

Player rule is: Article 3 A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee could award a score. See 15-1-6.

The refs certainly could have ruled it a TD but I doubt they would have.

Section 1 Emergencies Article 1 If any non-player, including photographers, reporters, employees, police or spectators, enters the field of play or end zones, and in the judgment of an official said party or parties interfere with the play, the Referee, after consulting his crew (12-3-3 and 15-1-6), shall enforce any such penalty or score as the interference warrants.

Player rule is: Article 3 A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee could award a score. See 15-1-6.

They should just enforce the penalty on the next kickoff when the Ravens play the Steelers.

oh, i have no doubt he'll be signed by us. i think we have a really good chance.

that is, after he's been through 3 or 4 contracts and he's 35 or so.

now jason, if it happens remember the pledge you made to us...and no fair washing them shorts first. :lmao:

That eat my shorts pledge only counts if it comes after his current contract as it stands now.  :)

I thought there had to be contact made....I was wrong, thanks.  

Archived