2013 Opponents Thread

The Patriots are the luckiest sons of bitches on the face of the planet.  They've pulled games out of their asses against the Bills, Saints, Broncos, Texans, and now the Clowns.  It's going to be a damned shame if they get the #2 seed over the Bengals.  Lucky sons of bitches.  Maybe their luck will run out against the Dolphins or Rats.

All True but you have the non- call of PI on Gronk against CAR and the ridiculous re-kick after the so called player assist against the Jets I think. It all balnces out.

We now don;t have to contend with Adrien Petersen, not that it would have mattered.

Sucks for Gronk. Love that player

This scenario is if NE loses a game and we get the by

Still depends what happens. The #2 would get the second lowest seed of the winners from the wildcard round.

If the #6 won, we'd get the winner of #4 and #5. If the #3 won, we'd get them and Denver would get the winner of #4 and #5.

All True but you have the non- call of PI on Gronk against CAR and the ridiculous re-kick after the so called player assist against the Jets I think. It all balnces out.

We now don;t have to contend with Adrien Petersen, not that it would have mattered.

Sucks for Gronk. Love that player

That's true, and I thought about the Carolina game after I posted that and was away from the computer.  As someone mentioned earlier, though, I still think they've got some smoke and mirrors going on.  They're far from dominant and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they are one and done in the playoffs.  

Who do you guys think we get if we win out?

isn't this fun to actually talk about....

I think we get the bye if we win out. the Pats losing Gronk is a killer for them, I could see them losing a game for sure(lucky as fuck today....and fuck cleveland)

Without the bye I can see us playing the Dolphins... and in our house, that is a win...

God damn I love this team... All of the bickering we all have about Andy's good and bad days.. If he is just ok and we are at home, that is a win. Defense is bad ass

Believe in this team people.

Worst call ever. I've never been so pissed off. Bullshit call. And don't forget the Bullshit unnecessary roughness call right before the on side kick.

The rats and pats both got saved by bullshit PI calls late in the game.

Flacco threw an interception that was called off because of the call...

could be the #2 seed and have the North locked up...

Worst call ever. I've never been so pissed off. Bullshit call. And don't forget the Bullshit unnecessary roughness call right before the on side kick.

THAT was an awful call.  Put flags on them.  I can understand if it had been a shot to the head, but it wasn't.

The fact that the Browns couldn't recover and onside kick is something not being mentioned.  They should have had 3 defensive ends in the middle of the line who simply charged the kicker and two other guys and obliterated them.  Kicker wants to try and field an onside kick, send him to the hospital.

"Cincinnati's offense was pretty good, with Andy Dalton throwing for 275 yards and a touchdown"

I could have sworn Andy threw for 3 and ran for 1.  Andy really put the team on his back yesterday. 

I don't think that bs. If that were our guy we would be bitching if it wasn't called,imo

Nah. I think it's pretty easy for fans to be fair about calling plays.  The game thread has a lot of us calling them the other way -- against us -- if that's how we see it. Of course, this weekend we happened to be the beneficiary of some pretty blatant shit (as an aside, I seem to be noticing plays going our way more and more lately; a sign of ref bias toward successful teams?). 

The calls are getting so bad, league wide, that is really is starting to affect the integrity of the game.  If we get to a place where that's not dependable, no one is going to have fun watching these things any more. 

You want to win a championship without it being tainted, just as you don't want to have a ludicrous call rob you of winning it all.

I could have sworn Andy threw for 3 and ran for 1.  Andy really put the team on his back yesterday. 

That's fucking perfect.  What's even funnier is that if we didn't miss a few plays by an inch here and there (Eifert diving catch, Green heel out of bounds), we likely would even have done more damage.  But I guess 450 yards is just considered "pretty good" these days...

The fact that the Browns couldn't recover and onside kick is something not being mentioned.  They should have had 3 defensive ends in the middle of the line who simply charged the kicker and two other guys and obliterated them.  Kicker wants to try and field an onside kick, send him to the hospital.

I completely agree. The coach and all the players knew what was coming and couldn't stop it. FUCKING BROWNS

Archived