Chargers Week Notes Part Deux

It's a little after 5 am. I've been tossing and turning for about 3 hrs. now. Seems kind of silly to be so nervous and anxious about a football game, but I suppose this is what it's all about. I really don't want my heart torn out again today - I need to see my first Bengals playoff victory.

On a side note, want to give a shout out to whoever it was that posted the chili recipe a while back. Made some a few weeks ago and whipped up some more last night in preparation for the game. Excellent stuff; being in Northeast PA, I've yet to get a taste of the real deal, so I don't know how to compare though. I'm looking forward to a 4-way bowl and a Bengals win today.

Who-dey!

It's a little after 5 am. I've been tossing and turning for about 3 hrs. now. Seems kind of silly to be so nervous and anxious about a football game, but I suppose this is what it's all about. I really don't want my heart torn out again today - I need to see my first Bengals playoff victory.

On a side note, want to give a shout out to whoever it was that posted the chili recipe a while back. Made some a few weeks ago and whipped up some more last night in preparation for the game. Excellent stuff; being in Northeast PA, I've yet to get a taste of the real deal, so I don't know how to compare though. I'm looking forward to a 4-way bowl and a Bengals win today.

Who-dey!

I did this recipe a while back when it was posted and loved it. Though I did make one adjustment, I added 1 extra teaspoon of Cinnamon. It tasted great!

Do the chili 5-way, the crunchiness of the freshly chopped onion mixed with the kidney beans underneath the cheese on top really sets the whole thing off imo.

I'm very uptight. I feel confident but our past keeps me from relaxing.

I just wonder if the players are a pile of jangly nerves like we are? Hope not. They just need to be determined from the first minute and relentless throughout.

Players will be ansty...I would expect them to be. That will last until after the first collision. But for as young as they are, I keep remembering that a lot of them are playing in their third post season game.

For me, getting ready to trek down I-71, I feel much like I did on the morning of the AFC Championship Game in January 1989. Cautiously confident, but a tad antsy too. That didn't change until the game started.

Let's win this, Bengals!

I think that all depends on how the game is played. Play a good, tough game and just happen to lose to the better team that day? Keep everyone.

Come out like the typical Marvin Lewis Bengals in a big game and totally lay an egg, be unprepared, unmotivated and sloppy? Talk about firing Marvin should rightfully be rampant.

He's had a lot of time in the past decade to win a playoff game. He has to win tomorrow. The NFL isnt about getting to the postseason- its about winning in the post season and moving towards the championship. Just getting there is unacceptable at this point in the teams history. They must win, or at the very least- be exceptionally competitive (not that losing is OK, really, either).

This. I love Marvin but there is no excuse to lose at home where you are 8-0 this year to a team who is a WC team playing in cold weather today that almost lost to a team of back ups last week. 

It's our time to win and end this drought. 

After this week though all bets are off and I woulnt lose my shit over any loss, but this week.....

This. I love Marvin but there is no excuse to lose at home where you are 8-0 this year to a team who is a WC team playing in cold weather today that almost lost to a team of back ups last week. 

It's our time to win and end this drought. 

After this week though all bets are off and I woulnt lose my shit over any loss, but this week.....

I too agree that there is basically no excuse for ML if we come out and shit the bed. But I am also convinced that we could shit all over ourselves and lose by 35 with Dalton throwing 6picks and both he and ML will be there in April leading OTAs. So I plan not to get worked up no matter the outcome...unless we beat their ass, then I'm running through the streets!

What I don't think many people realize is that Marvin is a surrogate father figure to just so many guys on this team. That "family vibe" that's gelling and getting so much press lately is his creation, and I'd worry about guys like Vontaze becoming rudderless without his presence. Generally speaking, you don't improve a family by expelling its father.

Archived