Chargers Week Notes Part Deux

We have to win.  Have to.  23 year drought, Home playoff game, Chargers are not 85 Bears= HAVE TO WIN.  Did I say we have to win???

I'll be at the game and tailgating by 9 AM.  I'm full-on fuckin' ready to go now and can't imagine a drive home after a loss.  Can't happen.  Won't happen. 

WHO DEY!!

If we don't win, I just hope not many of you will lose your minds and start screaming for heads to roll. We've got something special going here, and one game shouldn't be reason to tear it all apart. Anything can happen in a football game, and if we lose, it won't mean that Marvin or Dalton or whoever sucks. It will mean that we lost a game. Granted, a big game for us, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It's been a very good season and the team should keep getting better regardless of the outcome of this game.

If we don't win, I just hope not many of you will lose your minds and start screaming for heads to roll. We've got something special going here, and one game shouldn't be reason to tear it all apart. Anything can happen in a football game, and if we lose, it won't mean that Marvin or Dalton or whoever sucks. It will mean that we lost a game. Granted, a big game for us, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

It's been a very good season and the team should keep getting better regardless of the outcome of this game.

I think that all depends on how the game is played. Play a good, tough game and just happen to lose to the better team that day? Keep everyone.

Come out like the typical Marvin Lewis Bengals in a big game and totally lay an egg, be unprepared, unmotivated and sloppy? Talk about firing Marvin should rightfully be rampant.

He's had a lot of time in the past decade to win a playoff game. He has to win tomorrow. The NFL isnt about getting to the postseason- its about winning in the post season and moving towards the championship. Just getting there is unacceptable at this point in the teams history. They must win, or at the very least- be exceptionally competitive (not that losing is OK, really, either).

Couldn't agree more.

I think that all depends on how the game is played. Play a good, tough game and just happen to lose to the better team that day? Keep everyone.

Come out like the typical Marvin Lewis Bengals in a big game and totally lay an egg, be unprepared, unmotivated and sloppy? Talk about firing Marvin should rightfully be rampant.

He's had a lot of time in the past decade to win a playoff game. He has to win tomorrow. The NFL isnt about getting to the postseason- its about winning in the post season and moving towards the championship. Just getting there is unacceptable at this point in the teams history. They must win, or at the very least- be exceptionally competitive (not that losing is OK, really, either).

I think you have to look at it as what is best moving forward. I don't think firing Marvin would be the best way to move forward. I understand what you are saying, and I know a lot of people agree with you, but I don't. I think that would be reacting on emotion rather than logic.

I think you have to look at it as what is best moving forward. I don't think firing Marvin would be the best way to move forward. I understand what you are saying, and I know a lot of people agree with you, but I don't. I think that would be reacting on emotion rather than logic.

Yeah I understand what you are saying as well. I wouldnt consider it a re-start by any means. I would hire Zimmer, Gruden or Hugh and keep the coaching continuity in place. They may just need a new coach to motivate them to greatness. Great leaders do that, and Marvin may just only be a good leader.

I agree that the team and talent is in a pretty good place- but it doesnt matter how good the team is if they wilt under the same coach in every big game they play in. Regular season paper tigers means nothing to me at this point. Hopefully this conversation, or type of conversation is a complete moot point after tomorrows game.

Yeah I understand what you are saying as well. I wouldnt consider it a re-start by any means. I would hire Zimmer, Gruden or Hugh and keep the coaching continuity in place. They may just need a new coach to motivate them to greatness. Great leaders do that, and Marvin may just only be a good leader.

I agree that the team and talent is in a pretty good place- but it doesnt matter how good the team is if they wilt under the same coach in every big game they play in. Regular season paper tigers means nothing to me at this point. Hopefully this conversation, or type of conversation is a complete moot point after tomorrows game.

If they replaced him with Zimmer I guess I'd be okay with it. Still wouldn't agree with it, but I could live with it.

Fucking shit man i just cant imagine a loss. That will devastate the shit outta me. Marvin has to go if we lose tomorrow. No way fucking way we should lose 3 straight playoff games in a row

Marvin's the only coach who has ever got us to 3 playoffs in a row.

And 4 of the last 5.

Marvin's recent candor and what we have all witnessed and suspected tells me that until 3 years ago he was coaching with one arm and one testicle tied behind his back. It really is like he got a fresh start and the ability to do things the way he wanted to, and we've made the playoffs ever since. This team is really a close knit group and Marvin is a big reason for that.

Archived