2014 Schedules for AFC North Teams

All four teams in each division play the same opponents for 14 of the 16 games, with the other two games based on standings.  The Bengals will face Denver and New England, Pittsburgh will play Kansas City and the NY Jets, Baltimore will play San Diego and Miami, and Cleveland will get Oakland and Buffalo.

The AFC North teams will all play the AFC South and NFC South.  Those are the two least-interesting division in the NFL, as far as history, tradition, and marquee teams are concerned.  Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Atlanta, Carolina, New Orleans, and Tampa Bay won't generate the buzz that teams with more tradition would.

The only non-divisional home game that looks to garner national attention is the Denver game, but even that probably won't create the local interest that the New England and Green Bay games did this year.  I wouldn't think such a schedule will help ticket sales.

ravens_logo.jpg

Baltimore Ravens

Home: Cincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsPittsburgh SteelersJacksonville Jaguars,Tennessee TitansSan Diego ChargersAtlanta FalconsCarolina Panthers

Away: Cincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsPittsburgh SteelersHouston TexansIndianapolis Colts,Miami DolphinsNew Orleans SaintsTampa Bay Buccaneers

bengals_logo.jpg

Cincinnati Bengals

Home: Baltimore RavensCleveland BrownsPittsburgh SteelersJacksonville Jaguars,Tennessee TitansDenver BroncosAtlanta FalconsCarolina Panthers

Away: Baltimore RavensCleveland BrownsPittsburgh SteelersHouston TexansIndianapolis Colts,New England PatriotsNew Orleans SaintsTampa Bay Buccaneers

browns_logo.jpg

Cleveland Browns

Home: Baltimore RavensCincinnati BengalsPittsburgh SteelersHouston Texans,Indianapolis ColtsOakland RaidersNew Orleans SaintsTampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Baltimore RavensCincinnati BengalsPittsburgh SteelersJacksonville JaguarsTennessee TitansBuffalo BillsAtlanta FalconsCarolina Panthers

steelers_logo.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers

Home: Baltimore RavensCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsHouston Texans,Indianapolis ColtsKansas City ChiefsNew Orleans SaintsTampa Bay Buccaneers

Away: Baltimore RavensCincinnati BengalsCleveland BrownsJacksonville Jaguars,Tennessee TitansNew York JetsAtlanta FalconsCarolina Panthers

I certainly don't see 8-0 at home next year!  Probably a few blackouts too!  

Can't get into a shootout with Denver.  Falcons find a way to keep Matty Ice

on his feet and Julio Jones can stay healthy, that could be a loss.  Steelers

and Ravens are always a game.  Although we beat them pretty handily last

game of the regular season.  

We're definitely gonna have to find a way to win on the road!!  We're not going

to be able to go 3-5 on the road next year!!  

10-6 worst case with returning coordinators. No Zimmer = fucked.

I would not go that far.  Zimmer did a great job of alchemy when he first got here, but there is a lot of talent on the defense now.  Would we be better with Zimmer?  Probably, but I think we would still be a top 10 D with a competent DC as long as we don't lose to many guys.

How does the league determine whether a game is home or away?  Is it based on ranking from the previous season?  Can't help but notice that the Stoolers & Turds get Indy and NO at home while the Rats & us play both of them away.

Rotation and pre set formula.

The Division rotation - home and away is based on where the last game was played as a part of the division rotation.

Playing the same team that finished in the same spot is pre determined.

For example last time the Bengals played AFC South in rotation was 2011.   Both Texans and Colts played in PBS and played Titans and Jags on the road. 

Last time the Bengals played NFC South in rotation was 2010 - Tampa and Saints played in PBS, and Falcons, Panthers were on the road.

The time of year is always what is of interest to me. 

I would rather have the Stealers at home in December, and go there in September. And enough with the Rats the last game of the year. The timing with Denver and Atlanta could be a factor too.  

Same NFC slate as 06… I can't believe it's already been 8 years since that fuckjob Mike Carey cost us the Tampa Bay game down there. I hope the Bengals destroy them this time around. 

Because it's only 7 and a few months.  :lol:  Won't be 8 years until October.  :)

Rotation and pre set formula.

The Division rotation - home and away is based on where the last game was played as a part of the division rotation.

Playing the same team that finished in the same spot is pre determined.

For example last time the Bengals played AFC South in rotation was 2011.   Both Texans and Colts played in PBS and played Titans and Jags on the road. 

Last time the Bengals played NFC South in rotation was 2010 - Tampa and Saints played in PBS, and Falcons, Panthers were on the road.

Yep, and the 2015 schedule is already set, except for two games.  Besides the division games (of course), here the home and away opponents:

HOME:

Kansas City

San Diego

St. Louis

Seattle

AFC South *

ROAD:

Denver

Oakland

Arizona

San Francisco

AFC East *

* Team from that division that finishes in the same spot in the 2014 standings.

I would assume the league will continue with this pattern as long as there are 32 teams.  I hope they never expand because things would then get messy.  Assuming things remain the same, you can figure out any future year's schedule by paying attention the the three-year rotation of AFC divisions we play and the four-year rotation of NFC divisions we play.  If we played them at home the last time, we play them on the road the next time, and vice versa.

Same NFC slate as 06… I can't believe it's already been 8 years since that fuckjob Mike Carey cost us the Tampa Bay game down there. I hope the Bengals destroy them this time around. 

You might say that that call cost the Bengals a playoff spot.  Of course, Brad St. Louis did his part, as well.

Archived