2014 Opponents Thread

Let's not take it at face value that he claimed to have a bomb. If you go through security and object to more screening saying something like "I don't have a bomb", they'll assume you do have a bomb.

"At approximately 1400 hrs, a 24 year-old Aldon Jacarus Ramon Smith, a resident of San Jose, California, was going through Terminal 1 screening where he made a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb. Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him in the gate area where he became uncooperative. After conducting their investigation, LA Airport Police took suspect into custody and transported him to LAPD-Pacific division where he was booked for California Penal Code 148.1(a) - False report of a bomb threat."

"At approximately 1400 hrs, a 24 year-old Aldon Jacarus Ramon Smith, a resident of San Jose, California, was going through Terminal 1 screening where he made a comment indicating that he was in possession of a bomb. Los Angeles Airport Police made contact with him in the gate area where he became uncooperative. After conducting their investigation, LA Airport Police took suspect into custody and transported him to LAPD-Pacific division where he was booked for California Penal Code 148.1(a) - False report of a bomb threat."

There is nothing logical in what this states.  So Aldon Smith was in line to be screened and next thing you know he's saying he has a bomb?   Doesn't make any sense as Aldon Smith has never been reported to have mental problems/issues.  Maybe he does, I don't know but there is one thing I do know.....that's to never, ever, ever.....ever ever trust the media. 

Especially in this country.    They sensationalize.  They're after ratings, not the truth....they're corporations.  Literally.  Did the media even report about the BLM (a governmental agency) and Bundy ranch/cattle issue in Nevada?  Hell no.  Not like that's important.....not when there's Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber to report on.   The root of the word media tells you all you need to know about what the media is. 

Doesn't mean what's being reported isn't accurate either.....just that there should be no conclusions drawn just yet. 

Especially in this country.    They sensationalize.  They're after ratings, not the truth....they're corporations.  Literally.  Did the media even report about the BLM (a governmental agency) and Bundy ranch/cattle issue in Nevada?  Hell no. 

Would that be the story about the rancher who for 20 years has refused to pay grazing fees for land he uses but doesn't own? How he owes American taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, prompting the BLM to attempt to round up nearly a third of the 900 cattle that Bundy was able to feed for free due to his refusal to pay anything for land he doesn't own. Or how the cattle round up was prevented by protests from more than 1000 heavily armed supporters who showed up at Bundy's ranch to express their patriotic steadfast support for those who get something for nothing....as long as it's the evil faceless government getting shafted and not some rancher with a thousand head of cattle who doesn't want to pay his debts.

Point being, the media covered the story.

Would that be the story about the rancher who for 20 years has refused to pay grazing fees for land he uses but doesn't own? How he owes American taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars, prompting the BLM to attempt to round up nearly a third of the 900 cattle that Bundy was able to feed for free due to his refusal to pay anything for land he doesn't own. Or how the cattle round up was prevented by protests from more than 1000 heavily armed supporters who showed up at Bundy's ranch to express their patriotic steadfast support for those who get something for nothing....as long as it's the evil faceless government getting shafted and not some rancher with a thousand head of cattle who doesn't want to pay his debts.

Point being, the media covered the story.

Not to excuse Bundy as I don't know the full story, probably like you, so I'll withhold judgement as I don't like the internet to make my opinion for me....but how much did it cost taxpayers to send the amount of people and equipment to the Bundy ranch?  I'm guessing it was, at a minimum, a few hundred thousand dollars?  I'm sure you're outraged about that also.   Just forgot to type it out on the post I'm sure?

Sadly, Fox News was one of the only mainstream outlets to cover it, aside from alternate media, for as short a duration that they did.  But obviously you got me, you completely disproved my point about the media's integrity.   Great job.  The media is a fine, fine corporation.  I smoke pot sometimes and that makes me all crazy....this must have been such an instance. 

Edit: And apologies for taking this thread off topic...I started it, so I'll stop here. 

Not to excuse Bundy as I don't know the full story, probably like you, so I'll withhold judgement as I don't like the internet to make my opinion for me....but how much did it cost taxpayers to send the amount of people and equipment to the Bundy ranch?  I'm guessing it was, at a minimum, a few hundred thousand dollars?  I'm sure you're outraged about that also.   Just forgot to type it out on the post I'm sure?

Sorry, but what am I supposed to be outraged about that I forgot to mention? The money that was wasted when BLM employees halted their round up due to the unexpected presence of about 1000 so-called armed militia? Well, why would I be upset by the money wasted by government employees who are attempting to uphold the law? Isn't it more reasonable that I limit my outrage to ranchers with a large scale cattle operations who refuse to pay grazing rights for land they don't own, thereby cheating the rest of us law abiding tax payers? To be fair, I am a bit upset by a fugtarded militia movement that prevented the law from being upheld, but not to the point that I want or expect the government to start shooting people who deserve to be shot.  

Sadly, Fox News was one of the only mainstream outlets to cover it, aside from alternate media, for as short a duration that they did. 

Not true, not close....although I'm sure Fox News put their own unique slant on the story when they covered it. For example, I'm guessing the tax deadbeat was portrayed as a patriot being unfairly crushed under the boot of government oppression. And the 1000 supporters who showed up to intimidate a bunch of BLM employees were portrayed as patriots attempting to prevent the government from enforcing it's laws. Because laws are unfair, right? 

But obviously you got me, you completely disproved my point about the media's integrity.   Great job.

Whatever point you were trying to make about the media was lost the moment you claimed the story wasn't being covered by a media that only has eyes for Beiber. Further, I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by aligning yourself with Fox News in a rant that questions the integrety of the media. That said, the media has covered the story, and not just the alternative media, as you claim. For just one example, CBS News has repeatedly covered the story, including a recap of events that aired just last night.  

I smoke pot sometimes and that makes me all crazy....this must have been such an instance.  

We should hang sometime.

Get together, smoke a little something something, and then make gentle fun of each others core beliefs.

A good time had by all, I'm guessing.

We should hang sometime.

Get together, smoke a little something something, and then make gentle fun of each others core beliefs.

Other than the getting together part, isn't that what this site is for anyway?

Sorry, but what am I supposed to be outraged about that I forgot to mention? The money that was wasted when BLM employees halted their round up due to the unexpected presence of about 1000 so-called armed militia? Well, why would I be upset by the money wasted by government employees who are attempting to uphold the law? Isn't it more reasonable that I limit my outrage to ranchers with a large scale cattle operations who refuse to pay grazing rights for land they don't own, thereby cheating the rest of us law abiding tax payers? To be fair, I am a bit upset by a fugtarded militia movement that prevented the law from being upheld, but not to the point that I want or expect the government to start shooting people who deserve to be shot.  

Not true, not close....although I'm sure Fox News put their own unique slant on the story when they covered it. For example, I'm guessing the tax deadbeat was portrayed as a patriot being unfairly crushed under the boot of government oppression. And the 1000 supporters who showed up to intimidate a bunch of BLM employees were portrayed as patriots attempting to prevent the government from enforcing it's laws. Because laws are unfair, right? 

Whatever point you were trying to make about the media was lost the moment you claimed the story wasn't being covered by a media that only has eyes for Beiber. Further, I don't think you're doing yourself any favors by aligning yourself with Fox News in a rant that questions the integrety of the media. That said, the media has covered the story, and not just the alternative media, as you claim. For just one example, CBS News has repeatedly covered the story, including a recap of events that aired just last night.  

We should hang sometime.

I wonder if Khat thinks Faux would be labeling him and people of his ethnicity with the same "Patriot Brush" if he was doing something like that. 

Insider article-

Is LeBeau tweaking Steelers D? in.gif
April, 15, 2014
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

Dick LeBeau has been a defensive coordinator in the NFL for most of the past three decades. You can't maintain such a position for that long without being able to adjust to the times. With that in mind, LeBeau may be in the process of tweaking the Pittsburgh Steelers defense this offseason.

"Yes, I think the defense is evolving, as many are around the league as offenses use more spread formations, one-back offenses and even empty backfields," wrote Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"The Steelers say they played their substitute defenses – the nickel or dime -- 65 percent of the time last season compared to their base 3-4 or 'Okie.' To me, that makes the 3-4 the sub package. Often, it came in the form of a 2-4-5 or 2-3-6 formation (or if you count the two outside linebackers in the dime defense as linemen, the 4-2-5, 4-1-6).

"It’s why many of us believe they will not draft a player in the first round who would become a minority player in their defense, such as nose tackle Louis Nix of Notre Dame."

In his most recent mock draft, ESPN NFL Insider Todd McShay opted to give the Steelers MSU CB Darqueze Dennard at No. 15 in the first round:

mcshay_todd_30.jpg Todd McShay Mock Draft 4.0
"The Steelers' No. 1 need is cornerback, and while Dennard isn't as fast as Oklahoma State's Justin Gilbert or Ohio State's Bradley Roby -- and doesn't have Gilbert's ball skills -- he is the best pure man-to-man cover corner in this draft. He's much more physical than Gilbert, which makes him a better fit in Pittsburgh's defense than those other two. Wide receiver and 3-4 defensive end are the Steelers' next-biggest needs, but there aren't great values at either position in this scenario."

We should hang sometime.

Whoa....I'm definitely not aligning myself with Fox News....can't stand any mainstream media news channel. 

Ha...definitely a good time waiting to be had.  I can only come if kenneth comes with, however.  Are you ready for that? 

I wonder if Khat thinks Faux would be labeling him and people of his ethnicity with the same "Patriot Brush" if he was doing something like that. 

Fox News has already labelled me....

Haloti Ngata rejected 'long-term' deal from Ravens

Marc Sessler
Around the League Writer

The Baltimore Ravens opened up a prairie land of cap space in February when they agreed to a four-year contract extension with pass rusher Terrell Suggs that lifted $4 million off the books.

NFL Media's Albert Breer reported on Tuesday's edition of "NFL Total Access" that Baltimore's front office also tried the same with defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, but to no avail.

The Ravens attempted to lower Ngata's whopping $16 million salary cap hit with a "lucrative, long-term" pact, one that would allow the behemoth to retire a Raven. At 30, Ngata remains one of the league's premier run-stuffers and a versatile lineman, able to play both the tackle and end spots.

With two years left on his deal, Ngata was under no pressure to bite on the offer. General manager Ozzie Newsome still found a way to seal up left tackle Eugene Monroe and tight end Dennis Pitta, while adding receiver Steve Smith and another pass-catching tight end in Owen Daniels.

With the Ravens sitting roughly $6.3 million under the cap, Breer noted that Ngata wasn't the final player targeted for a cap-soothing extension, so stay tuned.

The latest edition of the "Around The League Podcast" covers the Aldon Smith arrest and analyzes the offseason movers and shakers in the NFC East and NFC South.

Whoa....I'm definitely not aligning myself with Fox News....can't stand any mainstream media news channel. 

Ha...definitely a good time waiting to be had.  I can only come if kenneth comes with, however.  Are you ready for that? 

Fox News has already labelled me....

That won't be happening.  Understand, that if his hair was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put it out.

That won't be happening.  Understand, that if his hair was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put it out.

I expected as much.

That said, how silly would I have to be to expect any form of emergency urinary stream assistance from someone who...(wait for it).....has to sit to pee?

It seems as though bad news has been following Washington Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson lately.

An NFL Players Association arbitrator ruled Wednesday that Jackson owes his former agent Drew Rosenhaus $516,415 in unpaid loans and agent fees.

Rand Getlin of Yahoo! Sports reported that Rosenhaus had originally been seeking $777,793 "for loans, interest, credit card charges and insurance premiums."

Black Sports Online reported that Rosenhaus loaned Jackson much of that money in 2011, when the wide receiver was "spending recklessly," and that Rosenhaus even allowed Jackson to use one of his credit cards.

Though the ruling may put more of a strain on Jackson's reputation, he won't have any problem paying his debts. His contract with the Redskins includes $16 million in guaranteed money.

Archived