Chris Collinsworth

That is ridiculous.    The guy is so afraid of being called a homer he goes the complete opposite.    

First they had an incredible level of play last year with some key guys getting injured.     If they would have gotten the Turnover Ratio benefit the Seahawks did last season they would have been right there with the Seahawks.    The Bengals D

Now they return Lemur, Atkins, Hall, and Geathers.   While losing MJ and the Coordinator. 

Tez has found a higher gear this preseason.    If  he keeps that up and if Geno can return you'd have 2 legit Defensive MVP canidates right there.

Asked what team in the AFC can be like Seattle's defense. Mentioned ravens, steelers, and chiefs.

This guy is ridiculous.

Basically, he has reached that point in his broadcasting career where he has become lazy.

He just fell back on the standard answer without realizing neither the Stealers or Ravens have had a great defense for a few years.  Does Collinsworth have any idea just how dominant Seattle's defense was last year and how far away Pittspuke and Baltiwhore are to this level?

We are way closer than either team but there is still quite a bit of daylight between us and Seattle.

I have no idea where the Kansas City love is coming from.  They haven't had a top 10 defense in 15 years.  Yeah, they where ranked #5 in points allowed but that was more a fluke than anything and how does that begin to compare with a DOMINANT defense like Seattle had?

KC city has name players.     How they got those names, I have no idea but they've  gotten 4 or 5 defensive players go to the pro bowl the past couple years.

Again it's silly because I don't think KC has ranked above a Cincinnati unit in a while.    So people look at the KC with multiple pro bowlers on each level of defense and assume they are dominant.

Reality that the Bengals haven't had 1 Secondary player make a pro bowl with the way they've played since 2009 is off the charts bad for the pro bowl. 

We can get away with as much pass interference (Holding, contact, and actual PI) as Seattle did , and it is possible that Pittsburgh could (Not sure Baltimore could either).  I'd say he is closer to being on the mark than you think.  

No he really isn't.  Seattle's defense  gave up an average of 60 less yards and 8 LESS points a game (7.6 points less that Stealers, 8.7 less than Baltimore)  

Those are HUGE numbers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

Why do ex Bengals become dicks as commentators?

Boomer(my all time favorite Bengals player) = dick

CC/stealer nation = dick

At least Solomon Wilcots it cool...

"Stiller Fooootbaaawwwww". 

Blow it out your ass, Cris. 

right on

Former Bengal player commentators don't give a shit about pissing off the small amount of die hards the Bengals have.

Fill up a stadium.   Make a training camp held in the city the biggest event in town  and then they'll start to worry about trolling die hard fans or worry about kissing their ass.

Collinsworth and Boomer aren't going lose Cincinnati revenue opportunities if they are critical of the Bengals because there are a bunch of people in this town that don't like the Bengals/Mike Brown.

NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth: "Giovani as good as there is."

This is why former Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth has won an Emmy all five years hes been the analyst in NBCs Sunday Night Football booth.

A rare day at home during football season, but he was over at Paul Brown Stadium at Wednesdays practice researching his old team before he calls its game Sunday (8 p.m.-Cincinnatis Channel 5) in Arizona.

And he likes what he sees. But hes like most other Bengals fans. Hes expecting more.

Theres not a team across the board that has more physical talent than they do, Collinsworth said. Its just a matter of can you make those big plays in big games?

Can you beat a Manning? Can you beat a Tom Brady? Can you beat an Aaron Rodgers? There are certain teams that have those guys that have proven themselves Super Bowl worthy. Right now theyre certainly good enough to be in that hunt right now.

Two guys have caught Collinsworths eye. He says running back Giovani Bernard is as good as there is around, and quarterback Andy Dalton is at that age.

Most young players, about this time, go back through history, this is when they start doing their best stuff, Collinsworth said. He looked sharp today. He looked sharp on all the tape I saw so, why not?

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Collinsworth-says-no-one-has-more-talent-Hill-aims-7-per-Whit-says-Geno-has-comeback-power-/c092608f-9022-4fa4-9b0d-644c2da52a0c

Notes: Collinsworth says no one has more talent; Hill aims 7 per; Whit says Geno has comeback power

Posted 16 hours ago

hobson60x60.jpg Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com Follow Me Blog

bernard-giovani-0816-jets-art.jpg

NBC analyst Cris Collinsworth: "Giovani as good as there is."

This is why former Bengals wide receiver Cris Collinsworth has won an Emmy all five years he’s been the analyst in NBC’s Sunday Night Football booth.

A rare day at home during football season, but he was over at Paul Brown Stadium at Wednesday’s practice researching his old team before he calls its game Sunday (8 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 5)  in Arizona.

And he likes what he sees. But he’s like most other Bengals fans. He’s expecting more.

“There’s not a team across the board that has more physical talent than they do,” Collinsworth said. “It’s just a matter of can you make those big plays in big games?”

“Can you beat a Manning? Can you beat a Tom Brady? Can you beat an Aaron Rodgers? There are certain teams that have those guys that have proven themselves Super Bowl worthy. Right now they’re certainly good enough to be in that hunt right now.”

Two guys have caught Collinsworth’s eye. He says running back Giovani Bernard is “as good as there is around,” and quarterback Andy Dalton is at that age.

“Most young players, about this time, go back through history, this is when they start doing their best stuff,” Collinsworth said. “He looked sharp today. He looked sharp on all the tape I saw so, why not?”

SEVENTH HEAVEN: Rookie running back Jeremy Hill isn’t kidding. His goal is seven yards per carry and if you’ve got his high school and college numbers, maybe you’re not nuts. He went for 6.3 yards per carry in 23 college games after a senior year in high school he went for 7.5

“I got close last year,” he said of his 6.9 yard per at LSU, and his first nine NFL carries have netted 5.8 per this preseason.

No NFL running back has ever done that in a year since Lenny Moore’s 7.0 in 1961 for the old Baltimore Colts and Hill gets how hard it is to do in the league.

“I know. But I want to set a high goal,” Hill said. “The coaches want 4.5 and that’s good. But if you fall short of that, maybe you’re talking 3.5 or 3.8 and that’s not too good.”

It started in high school at Redemptorist in Baton Rouge. He told his coaches he was trying for ten yards per carry.

“They said, ‘Are you kidding me?’” Hill said. “So I just came up with seven to make it a little lower.”

It would certainly be a Bengals record. The best yards per season by someone who ran at least 100 times is 5.6 by James Brooks in 1989 on 221 carries.

WHIT KNOWS: Bengals left tackle Andrew Whitworth is convinced defensive tackle Geno Atkins is going to be fine whether he plays Sunday or not.

If anyone should know, it’s Whitworth. Remember, he didn’t take a snap or wear a pad last year until the second week of the regular season because of his own knee problem. And he had a good enough year that profootballfocus.com ranked him in the top 15 as both a guard and tackle.

“I know the skills that Geno has and those things just won’t go away,” Whitworth said. “He’s a powerful guy. His power is what makes him so special. I would think he’ll be fine.

“Only Geno can know how he feels and he’s a powerful human being who I see working really hard in the weight room and everything else that he does. There’s no reason to be concerned.”

ANDRE SEEKS SNAPS: And then there’s right tackle Andre Smith, who missed the first two preseason games with a concussion and would love to play Sunday. In fact, he thinks needs to play Sunday. He’s back practicing, but is waiting to get clearance from head coach Marvin Lewis.

“I would much rather have a game (in the preseason),” Smith said. “You need to get tired at least one time in the preseason. Blow your lungs out. That’s going to be one of the key things I take off preseason is just getting really tired, know what to expect in the regular season when you go on a 13, 14-play drive. Nothing like game reps.”

Whitworth and Smith should have an interesting evening. Lewis isn’t saying how long his guys will play, but he made it clear Wednesday that he’s more worried about health than number of snaps, so it would be a surprise if they play into the second half.

But when they play they’ll play the best part of a 10-6 Cardinals team that had 47 sacks last year. The Cards won’t have the 4.5 of tackle Darnell Dockett, out for the year with an ACL injury, but they may have the 11.5 of the NFL’s active sack leader, John Abraham. Since he just returned to the club last week from a holdout and said he needed to lose weight from eating too much candy, Whitworth may not be seeing the same old Abraham. Working against a 3-4, Smith could see Calais Campbell (nine sacks) and Matt Shaughnessy (three). But he most likely won’t see old friend Frostee Rucker. Rucker, a third-round pick of the Bengals in 2006 who was here for six seasons, is moving inside with the loss of Dockett.

When I was a kid he was always one of my favorite players but Collinsworth is a national broadcast announcer now so unfortunately he will always spout off about whatever the popular rhetoric is of the day. They can beat a Brady & a Rodgers. They did so just this past season, Chris!
:facepalm:

When I was a kid he was always one of my favorite players but Collinsworth is a national broadcast announcer now so unfortunately he will always spout off about whatever the popular rhetoric is of the day. They can beat a Brady & a Rodgers. They did so just this past season, Chris!
:facepalm:

I agree but since he through the vast meaning of "big games"  I'm going to assume he meant playoffs.

I do think that's a legit question.   It was last year and unfortunately they never got the chance to play Manning/Brady in the playoffs due to the upset loss at home.

I think those two teams are the on-paper favorites and potentially the road block for the Bengals to the Superbowl.

I agree but since he through the vast meaning of "big games"  I'm going to assume he meant playoffs.

I do think that's a legit question.   It was last year and unfortunately they never got the chance to play Manning/Brady in the playoffs due to the upset loss at home.

I think those two teams are the on-paper favorites and potentially the road block for the Bengals to the Superbowl.

If he meant playoffs he could have named any QBs because we haven't proved we can beat any of them during those games unfortunately.

Collinsworth can't go 5 minutes without making a reference to Roethlisberger even when the game and teams playing have nothing in common with Roethlisberger. His randomness to bring up Roethlisberger was like Madden's randomness to relate totally unrelated off the wall things.

When he's not having his little man crush on Roethlisberger he is pretty good at giving quality info during a broadcast.

Both Collinsworth and Boomer have turned down their Bengals bashing the last season or two.

Archived