Best election pic yet....

Jamie_B

Exit polls. 78% disapprove of Congress. So essentially we just keep voting in the same people we don't even like because the media and two parties have created a situation where we are so scared of the other candidate that a bad candidate who isn't republican or democrat is better then the other candidate.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2014/exit-polls

No its how a fed up people tend to act.

Gloat all you like you now have to govern and they've not proven they are capable of that

Well, that's because they don't really care about that. They care about their own pocket books, the rich people who got them elected etc. and get into office by telling people they are anti-abortion. 

The fact that a guy who said his number one job would be to stop Obama from doing anything was re-elected so easily tells me that many people have no idea what they are voting for and vote against their own self interests, aggressively. 

Well, that's because they don't really care about that. They care about their own pocket books, the rich people who got them elected etc. and get into office by telling people they are anti-abortion. 

The fact that a guy who said his number one job would be to stop Obama from doing anything was re-elected so easily tells me that many people have no idea what they are voting for and vote against their own self interests, aggressively. 

Not all is bad. Washington D.C., Oregon, and Alaska legalized marijuana use. The minimum wage was raised in Alaska, Arkansas, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Illinois. In Massachusetts, mandatory paid sick leave was passed. Washington state decided to expand background checks. Even the Red state of Texas voted to ban fracking in Denton. None of these laws are ones that Right-wingers wanted to see passed, and yet, they passed.

How do people like Florida's Governor get elected? How does that happen? I would literally vote for 20 or more people on this damn website before I would vote for Kasich and Josh Mandel. How do these types of people get elected? It baffles me? And I don't mean to say it's just Republicans because it isn't by any means. But those guys are cheats who are blatantly in the pockets of big business and who make our votes less and less meaningful. They couldn't care less about me or you. 

Why can't we get people like Homer Rice to run for office. Or Jason even, or AkiliMVP. I get that these are not their real names but these are people who actually seem to have some integrity. I don't see any of those guys selling out to the highest bidder to line their pockets. Maybe I am just frustrated but why do the worst of us get to lead us?

But seriously, does it really matter. The majority of us think they are all doing a horrible job and all they care about is the rich people who fund them. The republicans were already the most obstructionist govt of all time. Can they do more?

No.... But now they can not blame anyone when everything isn't fixed...

No.... But now they can not blame anyone when everything isn't fixed...

Well, the thing is..  A lot of it is already fixed.  Unemployment, the stock market, GDP - most of the usual metrics of economic growth show a recovery under Obama, & now the newly-minted Republican majority gets in just in time to claim credit for all of it.

It will be interesting now to see how long they can go on shitting on the heads of the middle class while we thank them for the warm winter hat. 

Well, the thing is..  A lot of it is already fixed.  Unemployment, the stock market, GDP - most of the usual metrics of economic growth show a recovery under Obama, & now the newly-minted Republican majority gets in just in time to claim credit for all of it.

It will be interesting now to see how long they can go on shitting on the heads of the middle class while we thank them for the warm winter hat. 

The fundamentals that make the economy work arent really fixed and the too big to fail problem wasnt really fixed in fact those banks are bigger. The jobs that have come back are lower paying than the ones that left despite the fact that the economic gains have all gone to the 1%. You cant have such a dramatic inequality and think that you can have a long term functioning economy that way. Another crash will come, next time maybe worse. When it does whoever is in power at the time will get the blame. Its why part of me hopes the Rs do win when it happens, so we can actually fix this mess.

Archived