*** Just a statement about some things. ***

GoBengals

my first board was bengalszone then somehow i stumbled across this one and its been home ever since. i avoid all drama posts unless ive been heavily drinking. the smartest bengal fans are here. seriously go read some of the off the wall shit on the official board. its no wonder other fans think our fan base is full of retards.

I love this site and really don't care to go anywhere. I lurked for a while and think I joined in 07 or something like that..

...Nov of '07 for you (just click on your name for the exact day you became a member).

It'll be ten years for me in February.

I'd like you to PM me with that info please. I am seriously curious about his conflict resolution thing he's doing plus given the ISIS situation that's likely occurring all around him...

You'd have to PM him here it's his and not mine to give out.

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give a small statement on things and bring some things out from behind closed doors in hopes to eliminate some complaints the mods and admins have been getting off and on for weeks.

We are Bengals fans. I spend thousands of dollars and many of us spend countless hours of our time to organize and orchestrate as productive and entertaining of an environment as possible.

That said there are dozens of bengals sites out there. From the official site to geocities level ones that hurt your eyes to look at. Essentially a place for everyone, every fan type and every forum preference. 

Here is a list:

http://footballpros.....php/18-Bengals

http://forums.bengalszone.com/

http://bengalsjungle.com/forum/

http://boards.bengals.com/

If there are some others, feel free to post them!

I have life long friends from here, some don't post here anymore but i still talk to on a weekly basis, and thats just fine!

I know drama can be a source of entertainment, and I know it can also be a proactive part of a dysfunctional internet family.

I encourage everyone to visit all bengals fan sites, we are all fans and the point of this is to enjoy the fandom and make it a source of entertainment for everyone.

What I want to eliminate is the harmful drama. The emotional overreactions, and the silly scheming behind the scenes as if this is a cut throat corporation instead of a free football fan community.

With complaints trickling in over getting spam PM's to join this board or that board or whatever, I just wanted to clear the air. We intend to hold no one hostage, and would love for there to be many thriving bengals fan sites so fans of all types have a place to call home.

We hope this can always be called home, and there is no logical need to play super secret PM genie to invite people to other boards.

Enjoy the season, enjoy the forums, and .....WHO DEY?

-Ryan

Why did you ban sneaky (O-N-Y-X) then? I mean shit his name can't even be mentioned here because

you have a filter on it. 

Why do you care if people are privately inviting others to join other boards?

Publicly doing it makes it better? 

Why not ask people why they are wanting to leave this board for other boards? 

And if you want to eliminate harmful drama. why would you not reach out to people privately?

Or why would shit that was private be made public? 

You have never reached out to me. Just took powers away. And even this last episode that involved me, only one person

on your Moderator team reached out to me. MontanaBengal. The rest of your team just saw it

fit to close and move the thread and completely ignore me. 

I am really disappointed by the way things are done here for the past few years.

And obviously so are others. That's why they are inviting people to leave.

Old - I am not going to say that your feelings are or are not justified. I don't know the conversations you and Go have or have not had. I really don't know what issue cropped up with the team when you were modding.

There is some frustration that you were in the mod forum reading stuff (and apparently weren't in that position anymore).

Honestly, whatever they were I really hope you guys are to resolve them (I do think this is probably a conversation that belongs elsewhere).

I am going to ask that you and Go and anyone else involved take it to a PM.

Old - I am not going to say that your feelings are or are not justified. I don't know the conversations you and Go have or have not had. I really don't know what issue cropped up with the team when you were modding.

There is some frustration that you were in the mod forum reading stuff (and apparently weren't in that position anymore).

Honestly, whatever they were I really hope you guys are to resolve them (I do think this is probably a conversation that belongs elsewhere).

I am going to ask that you and Go and anyone else involved take it to a PM.

There have been no conversations. None at all. 

I was in the same position I was in for years. What did I do to change things?

Bunghole was a Mod when I was. How come he is still a Mod? What did he do

better than me? Sorry Bung, not trying to throw you under the bus, just asking.

I never abused my powers. I never even used my powers except to merge threads

and edit titles. Hell I edited a few titles and merged threads since the new Mod team was installed.

The Devon Still's daughter has Cancer is one of them  that I edited. Again all I did was threaten

to suspend someone. That's all. No one ever asked me to stop being a Mod. No one ever told

me that what little power I had left was going to be taken away. 

And after all I did for this place I think I deserved better. Maybe I'm wrong? Just my opinion.

I think it is funny some people are frustrated that I read super secret private stuff.

Yet make public threads about others doing stuff in private. Seems pretty hypocritical to me.

But I wasn't trying to make this about me. I was making it about the board and the way it is ran.

I know you don't. And I was taking it to him here.
I think the whole board should see. No more super secret sneaky private stuff.

I agree. I among with many others I'm sure would like to know the reasons why such a long-standing and respected member of this board was treated in such a disrepectful manner.

I don't know if I should thank you or shake my fist at you for this endorsement. 

As far as the song of the day, some days are shitty.

Any suggestions? 

Here is a good song for you :
"All Men Play On Ten " by Manowar

It is about you in this forum. The man wants you to turn down, but you ain't having that shit.

Oldschooler FTW

Here is a good song for you :
"All Men Play On Ten " by Manowar

It is about you in this forum. The man wants you to turn down, but you ain't having that shit.

Oldschooler FTW

I found a Manowar CD in my wife's collection just after I'd met her.  It made me question everything in the universe until I remembered that merkins are cool.

Carry on.

Archived