FREE AGENT WATCH 2015: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Lofton is a solid middle linebacker. Sign him up. And Vince would still want money might be to pricey for Mikey.

Vince Wilfork's not going to be cheap, but (assuming he wants to keep playing), I'm 100% certain he'll be looking for a team that's 1. got a legitimate shot to win a Super Bowl, and 2. is willing to pay him at top 10/15% for his position.

Vince Wilfork is now NUMBER 1 on my free agency wishlist.   

The cuts that other teams are making show how they run their franchise like a Fortune 500 company, where tough non-emotional decisions are made to move the organization forward. The Bengals are being ran like a small family owned business where who you know is more important than your production and what you bring to the table.

As a player you probably prefer playing for the Bengals than some other franchise that treats you like a commodity, but as a fan you want results and the current business model in which the Bengals are using isn't getting the desired results. The problem is they have an owner that refuses to make the necessary changes and settles for mediocrity instead of doing what needs to be done in order to ensure a winner. 

Guys like Peko and Geathers would have been off the roster of most NFL franchises years ago, Leon Hall would be forced to reduce his salary be cut, etc...These are the tough decisions that most successful companies make and they help them in the long run.

You're comparing a team that cuts a guy with a 8.5 mil cap number on a team that is still 4 mill over the cap, with a team that has 35 plus under the cap, and a player with a 3.5 cap number. HELLO!

You're comparing a team that cuts a guy with a 8.5 mil cap number on a team that is still 4 mill over the cap, with a team that has 35 plus under the cap, and a player with a 3.5 cap number. HELLO!

Well to be fair, Hobson did say we only have like 1.5 million to spend on free agency. Minus draft, injury, resigning own. We just might have to cut a player or two just to add free agentS.

Well to be fair, Hobson did say we only have like 1.5 million to spend on free agency. Minus draft, injury, resigning own. We just might have to cut a player or two just to add free agentS.

Well to be fair, he never said that, but then again, your reading comprehension has never been your strong suit.

It's $15-18M but I actually believe pattern master is right about this. The Bengals aren't as tough as they should be. There's no excuse to pay a guy a salary of $8M if his market value is only $4M or something like that. The good teams don't do it. 

And it's not just the teams that are in cap trouble who are smart/stingy about forcing restructures. The Eagles have more cap space than we do and are being hard asses with guys like Trent Cole, Lesean McCoy, etc. It's because they believe they can get better players at cheaper prices in FA and the draft and they're just trying to put the best possible team on the field.

If you don't think there's a big difference between a $15-18M free agency budget and a $25-$28M free agency budget, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Vince Wilfork's not going to be cheap, but (assuming he wants to keep playing), I'm 100% certain he'll be looking for a team that's 1. got a legitimate shot to win a Super Bowl, and 2. is willing to pay him at top 10/15% for his position.

Vince Wilfork is now NUMBER 1 on my free agency wishlist.   

Vince Wilfork has 2 Superbowl rings with the Patriots.  His only goal at this point in his career is to get paid...period.  He will not trade millions for the chance to increase his ring collection.  If Jacksonville offers him the most money, he will go there.   The only places he might NOT go are shit holes for only a small increase in pay....like Cleveland.

BTW, I have NO problem if what I posted is 100% true.  He has his rings, one last chance to get paid.

Wilfork has the look of a rent a player for a couple years for a contender.   I could see him in Denver because they are probably going to lose Pot Roast. 

I think we should go all-out to sign Pot Roast solely because that is an elite, TeamsLikeThePatriots-quality nickname.

My buddy who's a huge Ravens fan told me the Ravens will be releasing DT Ngata soon. If that happens he would be my number 1 target. Imagine him Geno and Dunlap rushing the passer! And takes away from a division rival.

One of the worst contracts in Baltimore is Dennis PItas.  An average  TE who is pretty much just a blocker cant be released because his $12.8 mil in dead cap space is significantly higher than his actual $6.2 million dollar salary.  Ngata will free up $8.5 mil.

Now trade rumors are swirling with Brandon Marshall.  I have no idea what the Bears want for him or what his contract status is, but just picturing him and AJ together.

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/9/9b/9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

You could build a pretty good club with the FAs availible particularly the ones that are becoming cap casualties.   How about a dline of Suh, Hardy, Wilfolk and BJ Raji?

Now trade rumors are swirling with Brandon Marshall.  I have no idea what the Bears want for him or what his contract status is, but just picturing him and AJ together, mother of God.

His 2015 salary of around $8M becomes guaranteed on 3/12 and I don't think they're looking for much of anything in trade for him (late rounder probably). Sounds like he was a pain in the ass in the locker room this season and is about to be headed to his 4th team. When a guy is that talented and keeps wearing out his welcome, you really have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

When you consider his age (turns 31 in a couple weeks), his price and his "pain in the ass factor," he seems like more trouble than he's probably worth. A poor man's Terrell Owens.

His 2015 salary of around $8M becomes guaranteed on 3/12 and I don't think they're looking for much of anything in trade for him (late rounder probably). Sounds like he was a pain in the ass in the locker room this season and is about to be headed to his 4th team. When a guy is that talented and keeps wearing out his welcome, you really have to wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

When you consider his age (turns 31 in a couple weeks), his price and his "pain in the ass factor," he seems like more trouble than he's probably worth. A poor man's Terrell Owens.

Hes gots to go to Dallas.  I would love to see Tony Romo have to channel his inner Carson Palmer with two circus clowns at WR.

Oh you the mean the team that annually goes to the AFC Championship game just won their 4 Super Bowl in 15 years...yeah wtf do they know about how to run a successful NFL franchise...obviously MB can't learn anything from those guys on how to run a championship caliber franchise.

Oh you the mean the team that annually goes to the AFC Championship game just won their 4 Super Bowl in 15 years...yeah wtf do they know about how to run a successful NFL franchise...obviously MB can't learn anything from those guys on how to run a championship caliber franchise.

4 of the last 15?  Hell they are only batting  .266... they are only as good as a utility infielder.

What a stupid little liar you are.

No need to ugrade from BJGE? I wrote about upgrading at RB a year before BJGE was released. Scanned the draft boards and hand picked Gio Bernard as the best possible replacement.  

Then in the following year I wrote about retaining BJGE for his final season under contract instead of burning another draft pick on a RB specifically because I wanted to draft a DE.

Now one year later everybody agrees DE is one of the Bengals most pressing needs.

As I recall prior to last years draft your were pimping the idea of using a 2nd round pick on Zack Mettenberger, a guy who fell to the 6th round due to concerns that he was a drunken sex offender.

All things considered it's knd of funny how you're now bragging about Hill when your own draft plans would have resulted in the Bengals passing on him for a guy who didn't get drafted until 4 rounds later. 

Find me one post where I proposed the Bengals should take Mettenberger.  You can't.  I wanted a RB in Rd 2 and liked Hyde from watching so many OSU games.  You can't make shit up and argue against it like you just did.  Doesn't work that way.  And there is medication for that I believe.  

Archived