Gresham Watch: Excellence on the move.

The Raiders are reportedly in play for one of the better free agent tight ends.

Charles Robinson of Yahoo! Sports reports Oaklandwill be a suitor for Cincinnati’s Jermaine Gresham. Adam Caplan of ESPN also reports the Raiders “have interest” in Gresham, PFT’s 40th-ranked free agent.

The 26-year-old Gresham would strengthen the Raiders’ depth at tight end, thus bolstering their two-TE sets. Oakland has one dependable pass catcher at the position in Mychal Rivera.

Cleveland is also interested in Gresham, Yahoo! reported. The Browns’ top tight end, Jordan Cameron, is an unrestricted free agent.

The Bengals’ first-round pick in 2010, Gresham has caught 280 passes for 2,722 yards with 24 TDs in five NFL seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/report-raiders-suitors-for-jermaine-gresham/

Everyone is going to soon find out what they had here.

But no problem, Ryan Hewitt will solve every problem.

Crazy how nobody in the fucking media wants to point out the common denominator here with our TE problems. Hayes. If his player has discipline and mental problems every fucking game, somebody is not doing his job in preparing him.

Jesus Christ its disgusting.

I don't think Hayes has jack shit to do with it, I think it's the shitty play calling, Dalton not being a great QB, and Greshams lack of focus. I wish he would stay here and turn into a perennial All-pro, but that doesn't look like a possibility right now.

He's a helluva lot closer in Cincinnati than he would be in Oakland or Cleveland.

This is true.  But being a helluva lot closer doesn't mean he's very close at all.  I think everyone had a reality check when watching actual contenders play in the playoffs last year.  

I know, there were injuries, but then what about 2013?  Point being, this team, even though extremely talented....isn't really a contender.  Not on the same level, coaching wise, QB play wise...as the other teams.  That was painfully obvious, to me at least.  

He's a helluva lot closer in Cincinnati than he would be in Oakland or Cleveland.

That's cool. We've still won the same number of Super Bowls as Oakland and Cleveland in the span of time he's been in the league. 10 years from now nobody in the world will care about that time the Bengals made the playoffs 4 times in a row and were closer than them.

I feel fairly confident that Oakland will win a playoff game again before we do.

Hue already stated his desire to not play Hewitt more at that position because he is best at FB. They want to keep him there probably because they don't want to Orson Charles him and fuck up his growth. He's a good FB. Our run game is much better with him in that role. That should be his focus.

Except that when speaking of the "other" TE this coming season, all Hobson has been saying is Hewitt.

No he hasn't. He's been talking about the Bengals signing a FA TE pretty regularly.

There are others, but from Hobson's last column where he answers questions:

My question is with all this cap space and so many names buzzing around the media, do you think it's more likely that Marvin upgrades the defensive side of the football in FA over offense? Just seems to me that there is more defensive helps available within our price range l, than there are at our needs on offense. The draft is looking wide open at receiver and Offensive-line. Thanks for taking my question. Wish you continued success. Who dey! Michael Higgins, Erlanger, KY

MICHAEL: Thank you for writing. I think the front office and Lewis have some pretty firm ideas. They want to improve the pass rush and they want to add to their depth at linebacker on defense and on offense they want to find a blocking tight end, a speed receiver, and depth at tackle.

You’ve got a pretty good handle on the draft, where it’s a good year for receivers and offensive linemen. But they may also be able to pick off a pass rusher in the first two rounds. It’s not a good year for backers in the draft or free agency, but, you’re right, the needs for backers and tight ends match up with the price range and I’d expect they’ll end up with a veteran tight end and linebacker in free agency, and possibly a rotational end.

Except that when speaking of the "other" TE this coming season, all Hobson has been saying is Hewitt.

Except what you just said isn't true....

Hue Jackson has repeatedly said he likes what Hewitt allows from the H-back position and that another TE, if not Gresham, will be required.  

The Bengals suck and I'll always be a Bengals fan!!! *sniffle*

Lets see.. If you think the team is hopeless and sucks.. Yet you claim to be a die-hard fan..

Doesnt that make you a hopeless fan of sucking?

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

More bawww about your "rights" incoming in 3..2...

Someone get these folks a clean diaper, damn.

The Bengals suck and I'll always be a Bengals fan!!! *sniffle*

Lets see.. If you think the team is hopeless and sucks.. Yet you claim to be a die-hard fan..

Doesnt that make you a hopeless fan of sucking?

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

More bawww about your "rights" incoming in 3..2...

Someone get these folks a clean diaper, damn.

Ah yes, you know it's that time of year again when your told your not a real fan for wanting to take a critical look at the team and the best ways to fix it's deficiencies. I wonder if even acknowledging the fact the team has deficiencies downgrades your status as a "real fan"? This is one of those "things that make you go hmmm".

Archived