yes, the twinks at IPS attempted to tell me the theme broke the forum, considering i have had the same theme on a demo board for 2 months determined that was a lie.

but just in case i trash canned the theme, and going to have the creator ensure i didnt jack something up before i make it public again.

Fast is very much relative, Flocko. It was molasses, now it's merely sluggish :D

I don't envy your work on the back end, nor indeed the fixing of the rather lengthy profile display (Jamie's in particular is a joy of scrolling)

But the site is up again, and that's the important bit. I lived through 2400bps modems so I can handle a little wait ;)

How many posts does that board have? Was there any noted improvement once it was completed, or did they need an accelerator installed?

Unsure.  Once the indexing/rebuilding/etc. was done it has become tolerable but not good.  Nowhere near pre-upgrade performance.

that other site has 1,602 posting members + 5,855 reading members = 7,457 active members.
An active member is arbitrarily defined as one who has logged into the forum within the last three months.

that other site has been around since 2001/2002 I want to say.

The other site's admin gave me some details:

[The site] uses memcached. And all the big tables are InnoDB.

There are about 2.5 m posts here. It took about a fortnight to rebuild and reindex.

OK, good stuff. Thanks!

Do they happen to know which PHP Handler they're using?

Nope cant edit it... getting a permission denied when I try to edit my profile.

This is the error i get when i try to edit my profile.

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Archived