It's better from a mod perspective for sure.

I expect the poor responsiveness will improve after indexing and once Elf has put some polish on things. As far as the interface goes from a user perspective I have to admit it's a little off-putting as well, but I think most of that is that it's just different. I think once I adjust it will be fine.

It's better from a mod perspective for sure.

I expect the poor responsiveness will improve after indexing and once Elf has put some polish on things. As far as the interface goes from a user perspective I have to admit it's a little off-putting as well, but I think most of that is that it's just different. I think once I adjust it will be fine.

what specifically arent we liking?

what specifically arent we liking?

I think it's more of a look and feel thing for me.. I actually like the functionality of it.. Which is why I said I think all will be well in a few days once I've had a chance to get used to it.. The only thing I am really dubious of over the long term is the custom skin. I just think it's busyness is distracting, but that might just be another thing that I just have to get used to...

I think it's more of a look and feel thing for me.. I actually like the functionality of it.. Which is why I said I think all will be well in a few days once I've had a chance to get used to it.. The only thing I am really dubious of over the long term is the custom skin. I just think it's busyness is distracting, but that might just be another thing that I just have to get used to...

I was thinking about the background a little more.  Do you think a more 'monotone' image would be less distracting?

Ok, on the bottom of the reply screen it says "Drag files here to attach or choose files", and sure enough, if you drag the file over it will upload.

Now, if you're trying to post a picture from another website via the link, that isn't always going to work, as some sites don't support hotlinking, and at this point I'm not sure if this version of the forum software supports it. It looks like the two best options are to either attach to the board, or save the file on a site like PhotoBucket and share it via the URL...

Ok, on the bottom of the reply screen it says "Drag files here to attach or choose files", and sure enough, if you drag the file over it will upload.

Now, if you're trying to post a picture from another website via the link, that isn't always going to work, as some sites don't support hotlinking, and at this point I'm not sure if this version of the forum software supports it. It looks like the two best options are to either attach to the board, or save the file on a site like PhotoBucket and share it via the URL...

Thanks for the feedback. 

Switching up some of the fonts/sizes for stuff other than posts would help make everything look less "Wall o' Text".  And of course losing the white-on-offwhite-on-slightly gray background color scheme.  It's much easier to read when the posts and various other crap are broken up a little bit.

Archived