Having difficulty simply copying and pasting image from another site (Yahoo search engine/images) like the old board.

Used to simply click on the little screen icon and paste in image address and to would show.  No need for photo bucket to whatever.  

I miss the old way.  Thought it added a lot to the personality of the board.

Also... I do admit to not being very computer knowledgable.  Mostly self taught and the Mac and Safari work very well for me with my daily stuff.

A lot of it is probably a skin thing. As said on the previous page, white on white on slightly not white just makes the whole thing look like the new Twitter look like a wall-o-text.

I see we've passed a million posts in The Bengal Forum over night. Either the DB found 50000 new posts, or you lot have been busy!

Having difficulty simply copying and pasting image from another site (Yahoo search engine/images) like the old board.

Used to simply click on the little screen icon and paste in image address and to would show.  No need for photo bucket to whatever.  

I miss the old way.  Thought it added a lot to the personality of the board.

Also... I do admit to not being very computer knowledgable.  Mostly self taught and the Mac and Safari work very well for me with my daily stuff.

Did you read Elf's post about images? Once you get used to it you will realize it actually adds more flexibility as you can have the images hosted on this site (uploaded directly to the forum from your PC) without the need for hosting...

Ok, on the bottom of the reply screen it says "Drag files here to attach or choose files", and sure enough, if you drag the file over it will upload.

Now, if you're trying to post a picture from another website via the link, that isn't always going to work, as some sites don't support hotlinking, and at this point I'm not sure if this version of the forum software supports it. It looks like the two best options are to either attach to the board, or save the file on a site like PhotoBucket and share it via the URL...

D'op!  There we go!  Thanks, guys.  I owe you one.  I figured it out.  Most of my pics come from Yahoo image search.  I simply dragged the pic from the site to my desktop and then to the space at the bottom of the screen and hit "submit".  No cut and paste.  

Now the thread is complete because what thread is ever whole without at least one Andy Dalton reference.

Now how do I get him off my desktop...

But, thanks, again.

Andy_Dalton_speaks_out_after_Bengals_vic_1208260000_1726685_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread, so this might have been answered already.

the mobile version that we had a few months ago, I could click on a thread and it would automatically take me to my last read post. 

Is this something I can do on my end or is it coming soon? 

I haven't read any of the other posts in this thread, so this might have been answered already.

the mobile version that we had a few months ago, I could click on a thread and it would automatically take me to my last read post. 

I'm missing this feature also. Pain in the butt working my way around to find which post in a thread was the last unread one for me. Any answers on this yet from the powers that be??

To the left of the threads will be either a circle or a star (signifying that you have posted in the thread). Tap on the circle or the star and it will take you to the last read post:

AcOAYPPYpAIdgwwkg5HACCDmcAEIOJ4CQwwkg5HA

There used to be an option where you could preview your post to see what

it looked like when you post it before you posted it. I don't see that option now.

Just submit is all.

Yeah, I miss that feature as well. I'll dig around the settings when I have a chance and see if that is still an option. 

Did a little digging, and the 'Preview Post' feature has been removed from this version of IPB. Their explanation is that the post box is now a true WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. Personally I think they're full of shit, but since when do software developers actually use the products they make?

:boring:

Did a little digging, and the 'Preview Post' feature has been removed from this version of IPB. Their explanation is that the post box is now a true WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor. Personally I think they're full of shit, but since when do software developers actually use the products they make?

:boring:

anyone seeing their posts disappear?  I made a post earlier that has since disappeared.  Perhaps because the original post I quoted was edited after I quoted it.  a glitch in the system perhaps?

What are you trying to do? 

Click my name in the upper right hand corner

Go to profile

Edit profile

Change any of the items in my profile.

Click Save

I get the following error....

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Archived